GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the unluckiest person in the world?

+2
SamiPremier08
mossbags
6 posters

Go down

Am I the unluckiest person in the world? Empty Am I the unluckiest person in the world?

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:24 pm

I couldn't decide whether to back Frank Schleck each way at 35/1 or Andy Schleck to win at 6/1 for today's stage. In the end, went for Andy. And the two Luxembourg riders drop everyone bar Contador and Contador lets the two have of them have the stage between them. Then Andy lets Frank win.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Ah well thats the way it goes, great riding from the two of them.

Back to top Go down

Am I the unluckiest person in the world? Empty Re: Am I the unluckiest person in the world?

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I couldn't decide whether to back Frank Schleck each way at 35/1 or Andy Schleck to win at 6/1 for today's stage. In the end, went for Andy. And the two Luxembourg riders drop everyone bar Contador and Contador lets the two have of them have the stage between them. Then Andy lets Frank win.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Though it was a horse race... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Am I the unluckiest person in the world? Empty Re: Am I the unluckiest person in the world?

Post  mossbags Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:13 pm

great riding from the two of them.

Im not sure it was even a race Shocked
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:07 pm

Contador was a tw*t, didnt do any work there, left it up to Frank and Andy to bring him all the way to ther finish. Out of order from a yellow jersey rider IMO.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:19 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:Contador was a tw*t, didnt do any work there, left it up to Frank and Andy to bring him all the way to ther finish. Out of order from a yellow jersey rider IMO.

Yeah but he couldn't really help with Kloden and Armstrong trying bridge the gap a few minutes back down the road. He kind of made up for it by letting Frank win. I thought it was hilarious when Contador attacked to try and drop the Schlecks but he dropped his teammate Kloden and the Schlecks hauled him back thirty seconds later minus Kloden. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I couldn't decide whether to back Frank Schleck each way at 35/1 or Andy Schleck to win at 6/1 for today's stage. In the end, went for Andy. And the two Luxembourg riders drop everyone bar Contador and Contador lets the two have of them have the stage between them. Then Andy lets Frank win.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Tour de France, Bright-Oak. Do you ride, yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote: Bright-Oak. Do you ride, yourself?

What is the proper Emoticon to press here folks? Shocked What a Face Suspect confused affraid king queen Nothing to suit Embarassed
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:

UNBELIEVABLE.

Tour de France, Bright-Oak. Do you ride, yourself?

Cycling is very popular in Co Derry. We even have a world champion and Olympic medallist.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 pm

I thought you were from Antrim?

Hardly surprising that you are trying to distance yourself from the Saffrons after the horror show we were subjected to less than four days ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Yes that's correct Wendy Hovenagel silver olympian..and didnt they rip the arse out of that one, must have been about 10 parades since.

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:34 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I thought you were from Antrim?

Hardly surprising that you are trying to distance yourself from the Saffrons after the horror show we were subjected to less than four days ago.

Alas dear Royal, I was using the royal we.

As for Antrim, our displays this year have been dreadful, bar the splendid win against Wexford.

At this rate we will soon be playing against Meath and such again.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:17 am

Used to cycle for the Moyola Wheelers myself, won a few graded races as a youth but then gave up at 16 as it played havoc with the hammys!

Have a cousin who was supposed to race for a team in Le Tour (not a clue who) about 10 years ago but he had a crash in the Tour of Belguim, smashed his arm & collarbone and that ended his dream.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:35 am

Did a fair bit in my younger days for Setanta CC in Armagh then the Emyvale club. Myself and my brother raced against and usually beat two brothers from Richill called Stephen and Keith Gallagher, both went on to become professionals. My oldest brother was the best out of the three of us winning many Ulster championships and was very unlucky in all irelands in Mondella Park and Phoenix Park. Many moons ago.

Samipremier

Contador did everything right except try to win the sprint. He was right to settle in behind the other two and try to let his own team mates bridge the gap.

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:44 pm

patrique wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I thought you were from Antrim?

Alas dear Royal, I was using the royal we.

As for Antrim, our displays this year have been dreadful, bar the splendid win against Wexford.

At this rate we will soon be playing against Meath and such again.

Pat think there was the confusion only one person on here allowed a royal we(e)
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Backed two horses today:

Maunde Money 14/1 came second

My Valley 13/2 came second

It can be frustrating backing such big priced seconds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down