GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Around the world, around the world!

5 posters

Go down

Around the world, around the world! Empty Around the world, around the world!

Post  RMDrive Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:01 am

Trionas mention of a round the world trip got me wondering about the trips that our good posters may have taken.
So maybe a few questions:

What's the furthest from home you've been?

What was the longest duration trip you took?

Which country did you find the most different from home?

What was your favourite place and why?

What was your least favourite place and why?

How many different countries have you visited?

Have you ever bought a lonely planet (or similar) guide to a country?

What was the most frightening situation you found yourself on while travelling?

Which continent is the best?

I might think of a few more in a bit.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Around the world, around the world! Empty Re: Around the world, around the world!

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:56 am

Trionas mention of a round the world trip got me wondering about the trips that our good posters may have taken.

What's the furthest from home you've been? Orlando

What was the longest duration trip you took? 1 month in Boston

Which country did you find the most different from home? I'd say France

What was your favourite place and why? Rome. So many sights to see.

What was your least favourite place and why? Don't know think I would have avodied a place if it didn't appeal to me.

How many different countries have you visited? 6

Have you ever bought a lonely planet (or similar) guide to a country? no

What was the most frightening situation you found yourself on while travelling? Haven't been in one thank god.

Which continent is the best? Europe

clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Around the world, around the world! Empty Re: Around the world, around the world!

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:12 am

RMDrive wrote:Trionas mention of a round the world trip got me wondering about the trips that our good posters may have taken.

What's the furthest from home you've been? Cork I'd say.

What was the longest duration trip you took? 5 Days, honeymoon in Galway 1969.

Which country did you find the most different from home? County or Country??? I couldn't understand the Cark people.

What was your favourite place and why? Dublin 1994, everyone bar the fookin' Dubs were for us.

What was your least favourite place and why? Castlebar, the ref robbed us in '96 but Gerry the man flattened Maughan

How many different countries have you visited? Counties, 14, all in Div 4

Have you ever bought a lonely planet (or similar) guide to a country? I'll google that one, back later.

What was the most frightening situation you found yourself on while travelling? Misplacing my money in a different pocket than normal at an Ard Fhéis in the Citywest in 1997.

Which continent is the best? Yerrah! I'd say Australia, lotsa room for development there I'd say, I wonder are there as many saps as were here...land of opportunity for a young man...large ideas, a few quid (small) a media ally and a TD..winner ...

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:22 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
RMDrive wrote:Trionas mention of a round the world trip got me wondering about the trips that our good posters may have taken.

What's the furthest from home you've been? Cork I'd say.

What was the longest duration trip you took? 5 Days, honeymoon in Galway 1969.

Which country did you find the most different from home? County or Country??? I couldn't understand the Cark people.

What was your favourite place and why? Dublin 1994, everyone bar the fookin' Dubs were for us.

What was your least favourite place and why? Castlebar, the ref robbed us in '96 but Gerry the man flattened Maughan

How many different countries have you visited? Counties, 14, all in Div 4

Have you ever bought a lonely planet (or similar) guide to a country? I'll google that one, back later.

What was the most frightening situation you found yourself on while travelling? Misplacing my money in a different pocket than normal at an Ard Fhéis in the Citywest in 1997.

Which continent is the best? Yerrah! I'd say Australia, lotsa room for development there I'd say, I wonder are there as many saps as were here...land of opportunity for a young man...large ideas, a few quid (small) a media ally and a TD..winner ...

I thought you were in Liverpool not so long ago Boxty?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:27 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:I thought you were in Liverpool not so long ago Boxty?

Spoilsport Clash!!!! Around the world, around the world! Icon_mad Around the world, around the world! Icon_mad I'm but a rural peasant.. Around the world, around the world! Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:I thought you were in Liverpool not so long ago Boxty?

Spoilsport Clash!!!! Around the world, around the world! Icon_mad Around the world, around the world! Icon_mad I'm but a rural peasant.. Around the world, around the world! Icon_wink

Yes Around the world, around the world! Icon_razz Around the world, around the world! Icon_razz
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Chicago I reckon
As above - 7 hours - not good for a six foot four inch man
Which country did you find the most different from home?
All different really but Norway is a cold place!
What was your favourite place and why?
Love Rome and Italy in general. The food, the emphasis on family, the ice cream and the relaxed atmosphere and the Mafia.
What was your least favourite place and why?
Can't say there is any place I disliked - all have their own interesting points.
How many different countries have you visited?
England, Wales, (not Scotland amazingly!), France (Paris), Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Canaries, Lanzarote), Portugal, Belgium (Brussels), Luxembourg, Holland (Delft, Amsterdam, Den Hague), Germany (Frankfurt Airport!!), Switzerland (Davos), Italy (Rome, Sorrento & Sicily), Norway (Bergen), Denmark (Copenhagen), Sweden, Finland (Lahti), Croatia (Zagreb), USA (New York, Boston, Washington & Chicago).
Have you ever bought a lonely planet (or similar) guide to a country?
I think I may have one or two or had loans when travelling.
What was the most frightening situation you found yourself on while travelling?
No smoking areas in airports when you are there for hours!
Which continent is the best?
Europe .... Mind you I've only been in two!

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Which country did you find the most different from home? The U.S.

What was your favourite place and why? Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida when I was a young fella. Germany is pretty cool also. And Croatia was a savage holiday.

What was your least favourite place and why? Rome wasn't great because of the poverty, run down buildings, graffiti and excessive number of tourists.

How many different countries have you visited? 12.

Have you ever bought a lonely planet (or similar) guide to a country? Yep, for Croatia.

What was the most frightening situation you found yourself on while travelling? When I was a young fella with the parents in Washington DC I very nearly got kidnapped.

Which continent is the best? Only been to 2 so far, Europe and North America. I'll go Europe.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down