GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hats off to Antrim

2 posters

Go down

Hats off to Antrim Empty Hats off to Antrim

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:38 pm

ESPECIALLY Cunningham, what a player (11 out of 15 points), if the Antrim team had more players like him they would be very dangerous and it would have been a lot closer.

Congratulations to Tyrone.

0-15 1-18
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Hats off to Antrim Empty Re: Hats off to Antrim

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Yeah, fair play to them and Cunningham is a great player. But in all honesty, I don't think they were ever going to be anywhere close to Tyrone when it mattered. I'd have to agree with Spillane (unfortunately!), the contest was basically over after 10-15 minutes and Tyrone were operating in 2nd gear, and whenever Antrim looked like coming back at them and scoring a few, Tyrone went up the field and knocked over a couple more with ease. Just a superb team, haven't had to play near their capacity so far and have won Ulster with minimum fuss. Only question is if the lack of a big test will cost them in the latter stages, but I think they'll be too well-prepared to be caught on the hop.

Best of luck to Antrim in the qualifiers. It's true that they'll be the team everyone wants to get, but they can have a say yet. Donegal rematch on the cards?
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Cunning did well, but I think he was being a bit like PB towards the end and being greedy he didn't lay the ball off to better placed team mates and should have been dropping balls into goalmouth in last 5 mins. Still some performance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:48 pm

MMM

You'll be rightly up the FF board this week with Cunningham!

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:52 pm

If Antrim were able to hold on to the ball Tyrone probarbly wouldnt have found it as easy as they did. It was the case of Antrim giving Tyrone a gift and they kept it. Antrim were very sloppy in parts of the game if they improve on their hand passing and kicking they will be a threat next year in Ulster thats for sure.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down