GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hats off to the elder statesmen

2 posters

Go down

Hats off to the elder statesmen Empty Hats off to the elder statesmen

Post  bocerty Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Having watched quite a bit of football and hurling over the weekend it really struck me how fit most county teams are these days - i would love to see stats of how much ground an average footballer/hurler covers during a game.

Then i got thinking of some of the players who were on view over the weekend and when you see their age and how fit they are i think it is incredible and a great credit to themselves, guys like Dermot Early Johnny Doyle Mark Foley Tony Browne & Brian Roper to name but a few.

To be 34/35/36 hold down a full time job (those of them that are lucky enough to still have a job) and give that amnount of time and commitment to being part of a county squad is really something. I am the same age as some of those guys and to even contemplate putting my body through what those guys do week in week out would make me physically sick Very Happy

Their fitness levels owe a lot to self discipline in terms of diet, lifestyle and putting in the hours in the gym, lifting weights and threadmills etc at that age the oul body is starting to creak and recovery periods are much longer but they keep at it for the good of their county.

To those men i salute you, - your better men than me.................
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Hats off to the elder statesmen Empty Re: Hats off to the elder statesmen

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Well done Nigel Crawford and Anthony Moyles.

Cindy great game again, when Kevin Reilly comes back, I suspect that Anthony Moyles will be dropped but he did ok last night in a position that dosen't bring the best out of him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:55 am

I hear Boxty lined out for Fenagh at the weekend and by all accounts did well. Someone else said it was like this episode of Father Ted .....

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down