GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin v Antrim

+4
North Side Gael
patrique
mossbags
mullins
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dublin v Antrim Empty Dublin v Antrim

Post  mullins Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:07 am

Really looking forward to this game now- at least we have a team that wants to play for the manager...If we play to our full potenial for 70 minutes we we'll win. Or problem is when we're red hot favorites we find it hard to beat teams but we put Clare away last week with a bit to spare.There's a great chance to get to a quarter final now and that should spur the lads on just as much, Will be a great week for Dublin Hurling if we can get over this one...This would probably set up a Double header against our new Leinster Rivals.....
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Antrim Empty Re: Dublin v Antrim

Post  mossbags Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:15 pm

A win for Dublin here and a victory for Cork in the Munster Final might very well lead to a quater Final clash of Galway/Dublin Dublin v Antrim Fresse
Dublin should beat Antrim. Antrim have been inconsistent all year and although they won't hold any fear of Dublin whatsoever, the performance de Duds dished out on Clare last week was a level or two higher than anything seen by the Saffron's lately.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:03 pm

In the league Antrim were quite simply dreadful.

So we came to play Offaly and I backed Offaly to win by 40 points. In the end antrim sat back waiting too lose and duly did in extra time.

However Offaly then drew with Galway, and should maybe have won.

So Dinny seems to be able to get the best out of Antrim on the big day. However some of the players arestill on holiday, honestly, so with an attitude like that it is a struggle.

You would have to fancy Dublin.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Would have to agree with Pat mainly but if antrim can play to full form they can do damage, they will need to move the ball quick and take their chances as they will be hustled and harried every time they get the ball by what can only be described as a hungry good dublin team.

We will struggle but i always remain hopeful!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:26 pm

patrique wrote:In the league Antrim were quite simply dreadful.

So we came to play Offaly and I backed Offaly to win by 40 points. In the end antrim sat back waiting too lose and duly did in extra time.

However Offaly then drew with Galway, and should maybe have won.

So Dinny seems to be able to get the best out of Antrim on the big day. However some of the players arestill on holiday, honestly, so with an attitude like that it is a struggle.

You would have to fancy Dublin.

Patrique if we are moving to the next level we have to Dublin v Antrim 652864 Antrim no hard feelings Dublin v Antrim Icon_smile
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:10 am

With no disrespect intended I expect this to be Dublin's by 10+ - sorry P and NSG
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:11 am

After the brilliant result against Clare i think the jacks will give Antrim a damn good tanking, agree with Jayo in that it'll be 10+ points, to narrow it down i think it's gonna be Dublin by 14 points.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Antrim won by a point.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:37 pm

What a result for Antrim hurling. Fantastic. Shows maybe were better than I thought. To beat the Dubs in Croker after the hammering they gave Clare is something else.

Well done to everyone involved. Congrats.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Dublin 0-19 Antrim 1-17

Well, well well. Apparently twas the mother of all late comebacks. Well done Antrim. Some county to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. I knew they wouldn't have any fear of any Dublin team but still thought Dublin should have had too much for them. Antrim are All-Ireland quater finalists now, fair fookin play to them.
Difficult to see Anthony Daly hanging around after this. Be very intersting to hear some of the lads comments who maybe were at the game.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:41 pm

It amazes me still how teams hammer one team one week and get beaten the next. I think Wexford will run Cork close. A team can't find their faults when they play 'weaker' oppoisition and hammer them.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:43 pm

bald eagle wrote:After the brilliant result against Clare i think the jacks will give Antrim a damn good tanking, agree with Jayo in that it'll be 10+ points, to narrow it down i think it's gonna be Dublin by 14 points.

Close.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:44 pm

hurlingguru wrote:What a result for Antrim hurling. Fantastic. Shows maybe were better than I thought. To beat the Dubs in Croker after the hammering they gave Clare is something else.

Well done to everyone involved. Congrats.

Just shows you how crap Clare are

Just hearing Daly took off Dots and Mcrabbe thinking the game was won. Shocking.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:45 pm

mossbags wrote:Dublin 0-19 Antrim 1-17

Well, well well. Apparently twas the mother of all late comebacks. Well done Antrim. Some county to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. I knew they wouldn't have any fear of any Dublin team but still thought Dublin should have had too much for them. Antrim are All-Ireland quater finalists now, fair fookin play to them.
Difficult to see Anthony Daly hanging around after this. Be very intersting to hear some of the lads comments who maybe were at the game.

Antrim are in the last SIX, not the quarter.

So......we decided just this morning we couldn't travel, but Moss has it right. Antrim BELIEVE they can beat Dublin, and Dinny certainly has some magic when it comes to the championship.

Best win in years, and we missed it, always the way.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:46 pm

I wonder how much Neil McManus and Liam Watson scored. Fantastic hurlers.

He took off McCrabbe and Dotsy? WTF was he at? They were only 5 points up. Jayus if he done that he surely has to go. The Dubs must be fuming.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:48 pm

patrique wrote:

Arragh Pat we all know that but the GAA in its wisdom deins them as quarter Finals. Don't be getting all pedantic in this glorious day for Antrim hurling, try and enjoy it. On a line of form they'd have to have a serious chance if they come up against my lot too Dublin v Antrim Icon_lol
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:51 pm

hurlingguru wrote:I wonder how much Neil McManus and Liam Watson scored. Fantastic hurlers.

He took off McCrabbe and Dotsy? WTF was he at? They were only 5 points up. Jayus if he done that he surely has to go. The Dubs must be fuming.

I agree, if this happened as Im told Daly must hang his head and walk away asap. Serious lack of appreciation of the Dublin/Antrim dynamic. Maybe his head was filled was some of the bs posted by certain posters earlier on in this thread
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Pat,

Maybe you shouldn't go to the rest of the games............for the teams sake.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:52 pm

mossbags wrote:
patrique wrote:

Arragh Pat we all know that but the GAA in its wisdom deins them as quarter Finals. Don't be getting all pedantic in this glorious day for Antrim hurling, try and enjoy it. On a line of form they'd have to have a serious chance if they come up against my lot too Dublin v Antrim Icon_lol

They don't believe they can beat Galway. A few years ago in the league the Dubs were beating everyone and came to Casement for the first floodlit game, and I backed Antrim to win, simply because the players always feell they can take the Dubs.

Belief goes a long way in sport.

Antrim's loss to Offaly this year, and Tipp in 2002 and wexford in 03 under Dinny were all due to not really believing.

But, keeps us miles ahead of Tyrone and that's all that matters.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:54 pm

hurlingguru wrote:Pat,

In the end that was the deciding factor, as we reckoned if we travelled we would get hammered, better to stay at home and hope.

To be honest we didn't go because the driver wanted to see the bog ball after wards.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:03 pm

patrique wrote:
hurlingguru wrote:Pat,

In the end that was the deciding factor, as we reckoned if we travelled we would get hammered, better to stay at home and hope.

To be honest we didn't go because the driver wanted to see the bog ball after wards.

You were right not to go so.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Shocking day at the office for Dublin hurlers and Mr Daly. 7 points up and cruising and one point scored in the last 20 minutes - in a hurling match! Great high on Saturday beating Clare - followed by the Leinster U21 final win - and then this! Hats off to Antrim - I had said Dublin by 10+ and was looking good around the 50 minute mark - some serious questions to be asked and answered here. Good look to the Saffrons from here on!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:26 am

patrique wrote:
bald eagle wrote:After the brilliant result against Clare i think the jacks will give Antrim a damn good tanking, agree with Jayo in that it'll be 10+ points, to narrow it down i think it's gonna be Dublin by 14 points.

Close.

Look Pat, i tipped Derry to beat Kildare by a bagful and you seen how wrong i was there!! Couldn't pick my nose today!! Well done to Antrim, great to see Ulster, or is it Leinster having a team in the last 6!

What happened you on the road down to the game?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:17 am

Look i gotta say im disappointed to see the Dubs go out as im keen to see their hurlers do well!

I believe that when antrim play to their best they can beat most teams, next week will be a bigger ask, however if it was dublin or clare against cork or tipp etc they would be expected at least to give them a game, and why not the saffrons.

To turn over the dubs from being 6 down with 15 to go was superb, was proud to be there and proud to have seen my county win in croker in the senior tier, i hope it continues next week and why not!

Hard luck to the dubs, your success will come you are a work in progress, one step at a time is probably best though, hopefully we will see yous again in the under21.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:02 pm

North Side Gael wrote:Look i gotta say im disappointed to see the Dubs go out as im keen to see their hurlers do well!

I believe that when antrim play to their best they can beat most teams, next week will be a bigger ask, however if it was dublin or clare against cork or tipp etc they would be expected at least to give them a game, and why not the saffrons.

To turn over the dubs from being 6 down with 15 to go was superb, was proud to be there and proud to have seen my county win in croker in the senior tier, i hope it continues next week and why not!

Hard luck to the dubs, your success will come you are a work in progress, one step at a time is probably best though, hopefully we will see yous again in the under21.

Well done to Antrim and Nsg and Patrique on here- on a well fought victory over the Dubs yesterday..If we were do go out to any team i was glad it was Antrim..We are both similar in what we want to acheive and in what direction were both going..But i still can't believe we lost. 6 points up and just died to many subs brought on in the last 20 mins don't know what was going through dalys head....At least we can concentrate on the 21s and try and get that long awaited all-ireland title that will bring us to future glories...Hope Anto doesn't walk he has done great work for Dublin hurling....Its along rd which will start in 2011 again

I think the Antrim team and 1 player let their county down with the way they celerbrated this victory in front of the hill...But for the cornerback to use is hurley to imitate a snipers rival and pointing it at the hill is fooking disgusting....RESPECT
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next