GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry V Antrim Qualifiers Round 4

+4
Rupp
Thomas Clarke
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
8 posters

Go down

Kerry V Antrim Qualifiers Round 4 Empty Kerry V Antrim Qualifiers Round 4

Post  RMDrive Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:09 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

It has been reported today that Tomás Ó Se and Colm Cooper have been dropped from the Kerry starting XV for the clash with Antrim due to disciplinary reasons.
The All-Star pair were told at training on Tuesday night by manager Jack O'Connor due to a breach of discipline after the victory over Sligo last Sunday, claims the Examiner.
Following this the full squad held a player meeting described as 'no holds barred' when issues such as morale, discipline and ambitions for the season were thought to have been discussed.

O'Connor is expected to delay naming the team until Sunday, although the pair are expected to make the substitutes bench.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Kerry V Antrim Qualifiers Round 4 Empty Re: Kerry V Antrim Qualifiers Round 4

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:06 am

Not like the Kingdom to wash their dirty linen in public! I think the second coming of Jack is not quite working out as people hoped or indeed he hoped. Even in his very successful first spell he was not accepted by all - as is evidenced by his book. I'm sure the pubs in Kerry are full of disenchantment and even bile. As Shakespeare would say 'Now is the summer of their discontent'.

You can never write Kerry off but I'd be amazed to see them salvage anything from this season. One, all is not well - and two, they just don't have the quality.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:17 am

I honestly thought that all the stories about unrest in the camp were just that ... stories. I'm absolutely amazed by this. They are 2 of the footballers that I respect most in the game (skillful, dedicated, quiet spoken) and for them to be involved in something like this goes to show the extent of the unrest.

In saying that however, what's the betting that the Come-to-Jesus session that they had will turn their season around? Possible?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 am

I'm not convinced that they can turn it around now RMD.

Kerry have been on the slide for quite some time now, and bringing in a manager who supposedly isn't popular with a lot of the senior players won't exactly motivate them.

To my mind, clear-the-air sessions only really work if players really believe that they can achieve their goals, in this case win the all-ireland. I don't think that Kerry players believe they can win the all-ireland this year, and I think they will limp tamely out of the championship over the next fortnight.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:43 am

RMDrive wrote:In saying that however, what's the betting that the Come-to-Jesus session that they had will turn their season around? Possible?

I think they need to storm heaven but yeah sometimes these things have the desired effect. But there is no getting away from the fact that they have real difficulties - and have had some of them for a few seasons now. The full back problem, Dara O'Se who is now (understandably) past his best and getting more past by the season, Donaghy missing, some forwards that are good and around a few years but not Sam winning material. In reality people look at Kerry in a different way than they do other teams and overlook basic weaknesses because they are Kerry. The truth is that the current team is not good enough to win Sam. There - I've said it!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:The truth is that the current team is not good enough to win Sam. There - I've said it!

LOL. I feel guilty even thinking something like that!! It's as if I am going against the laws of physics or something!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Kerry V Antrim Qualifiers Round 4 Empty kerry vs antrim

Post  Rupp Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:06 pm

does anyone agree with me when i say the championship is wide open?
I think this weekend could shock alot of people, Tyrone are a great side but havent really had a hard game yet so they could get a shock if a team really go at them! Kerry are there for the taking as longford and sligo have shown. Dublin are ticking the right boxes as are mayo. Galway and kildare are dark horses who could do anything on any given day. Donegal are a team who can also beat a top team when they click! and not forgeting meath and roscommon both are gud enuf for a shock win against one of the provincial finalists. Im going to stick my neck out a say a dublin vs cork all ireland final.
Rupp
Rupp
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Sligo
Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 pm

They have only beaten Antrim once in the championship, and that was years ago.

They are in a total panic.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 pm

patrique wrote:They have only beaten Antrim once in the championship, and that was years ago.

They are in a total panic.

to put that in perspective just how many times have they met in the championship? I would hazard a guess at once - would i be right Patrique? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bumpernut Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:52 pm

theyve met twice i believe bocerty, i'll let padraig fill you in on the details, was a record defeat for kerry for many's a year until meath in 90s i think he said, 3 5 to 0 2, around the beginning of the 20th century. Not a bad record against Kerry though, won 1 lost 1 !!!
bumpernut
bumpernut
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

antrim
Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:17 am

bumpernut wrote:theyve met twice i believe bocerty, i'll let padraig fill you in on the details, was a record defeat for kerry for many's a year until meath in 90s i think he said, 3 5 to 0 2, around the beginning of the 20th century. Not a bad record against Kerry though, won 1 lost 1 !!!

Thank you Bumper.

This week's piece I did for Club Aontroma, Bocerty.

You will see we are well ahead on aggregate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:31 pm

Antrim 1-3
Kerry 1-2
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 pm

was Gooch and O'Se dropped or rested. O' Connor hadnt the balls on him to discipline the two guys properly - probably because the other 2 O'Se brothers and a few other senior guys were calling the shots and forced his arm. O' Connor obviously figured that Kerry couldnt beat Antrim without the Gooch and kept him on the bench because of that.

If its a case of the tail wagging the dog in Kerry then they can forget about winning an All Ireland this year - not i think they have much chance anyway, the Dubs will have too mcuh for them.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down