GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kerrys final stand

2 posters

Go down

kerrys final stand Empty kerrys final stand

Post  rich dublin Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:01 pm

well we are only a few days away from poor kerrys last great stand in the championship, cork have put 5 nails in there coffin this year the sixth will be driven home on saturday in tralee, sligo the all blacks come rolling into town, feeling good, playing great fottball( bar the last 25 mins v tipp) and looking like the winners they are. in contrast kerry got hockied by cork and well if longford had a forward or two would have surely been sunk in the rain by longford.

so people can kerry actually win this game? can oconnor come up with a plan to stop the speed of the sligo full-forward line? or the speed at which they attack from the half back line? the old legs that run around in green and gold will they be able to keep up? serious questions for kerry to answer!!!

what ye think?
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

kerrys final stand Empty Re: kerrys final stand

Post  Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:43 pm

If the game was in Sligo, it would have given ye an outside chance of an upset but no team can go to Tralee and expect to win, least of all Sligo. Also if Longford had a few forwards???? If Tipperary had a forward who wouldn't have dropped the ball into the goalie's hands to level the game then you might not even be in the Championship today.

It also never ceases to amaze me how some will have you believe that a team can become so bad overnight. Last year on HS, I pointed out a few weaknesses in Kerry, at midfield and in the FB line, and people laughed. Now the two other top teams of this era, Cork and Tyrone have made these weaknesses a small bit more bit more apparant and all of a sudden, Kerry are on their last legs?

There's still life in Kerry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:47 pm

rich dublin wrote:playing great fottball( bar the last 25 mins v tipp)

If you don't paly football for 25 minutes v Kerry Rich do you honestly think ye have any chance? It would worry me the way Sligo stopped playing. If they got a slow start and played poorly for 25 minutes and then grew into the game it would be something - but to stop playing before the hour and nearly blow a huge lead ..... very worrying.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:15 pm

first off lads it was tongue in cheek as if ye didnt know Cool Suspect second i for one dont believe kerry are that bad at all, they are a team with so many all-stars and all-irelands that they are always going to be good. the reason sligo played so poor for the final 25 mins or so is simple really, they froze to a certain degree, they where playing such great football and really it was amazing football, then we made a couple of subs, half forwards started to drop back, eamon ohara( who was used up to this as a full forward) moved back the field into the half back line and we invited tipp on to us which anyone knows is not the way you go about doing these sort of things.

on the other hand nearly every team in the country including kerry have done this so im no too worried about that, what really excites me about this game bar the fact that it is a no lose situation for sligo is that we get to watch our county heros play some of the games greats in their own back yard in the championship. cheers

i remember well the last time we played kerry in kerry was a few years ago in the league and we won by a couple of points great day. Laughing Cool

in all honesty the chances of us winning are slim, but are they any more slimmer than of us beating galway? or winning connaught in 2007? or beating tyrone off the pich in croker? or even getting to croke park? the championship is about believing, its about hope its about your team having a chance on any given sunday( or saturday in this case) its about 15 v 15 and seeing the great men of your county go out and perform with pride and honor and if they can win for you then that feeling is so wonderfull so pure it lives with you forever. its the reason we love the gaa, its the reason the gaa is so much more than just a sporting organisation, its in our blood. when i travel down to tralee with the farther and the brothers its about our family and to hell with the result( though i think we have a chance drunken Laughing ) its our heartbeat. sligo forever, gaa in our blood
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Don't go rowing back now Rich - Sligo are nailed on certainties for this one. If ye don't win it now you'll get tons of abuse here ...... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Don't go rowing back now Rich - Sligo are nailed on certainties for this one. If ye don't win it now you'll get tons of abuse here ...... Laughing

not rowing back at all!!! and i understand that we would be unbackable favs to win this Cool its all abou t believe though it really is,
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:26 pm

You're reading too much Tomato there Rich!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:29 pm

more like dear deirdre in the sun!!!!!
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Haven't a clue what you are talking about there sorry!

ps the Photo casebook is good ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:51 pm

for me this is the stand out fixture of this weekends action( it would be wouldnt it) be seriously i feel this is a huge chance for sligo, can we go into the lions den and come out with our heads still on our shoulders and are arms in the air in celebration? i think we can, you see the problem with most people is they seem to think football is only played in dublin, kerry, cork, meath and ulster, its played in sligo too and you will see how well once again on saturday. ye all thought that sligo nearly beat a poor galway side, well sligo will beat a good kerry side and that same poor galway team will beat mayo to win connught.

kerry will be missing a few plays but you know that they will take sligo for granted the same way as everyone eles does. we dont mind that it happens every year but this year we will show everyone with a huge win over kerry in kerry!!!!!
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down