GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Championship - serious analysts only!!

+4
patrique
bocerty
rich dublin
Jayo Cluxton
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All Ireland Championship - serious analysts only!! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Ireland Championship - serious analysts only!!

Post  Swinford2009 Mon May 18, 2009 1:42 pm

Tyrone
Don't agree with everyone saying that they have to be definite favourites. Had a quiet enough league and i believe will doe well to win the Ulster Championship. However the All-Ireland is what they are aiming for and the league and Ulster wont bother them too much. Should beat Armagh but will still end up in Qualifiers. think they will have a great run there and can see them getting to an All-Ireland Semi final at least. Prediction: Semi-Finals

Kerry
Will be looking for revenge against Tyrone this season and will hope they get them before the All-Ireland final. I don't read too much into their league win as most teams, including Kerry, were in transitional mode before the championship and Kerry had the strongest young players coming through. i Can see them losing to Cork and going through the qualifiers but we all know they usually only lose once a year. Prediction: All-Ireland Champions

Cork
Have impressed me immensly in the last few years. are becoming more and more consistant, except when they play Kerry. Although saying that, they are closing the gap. With a good league behind them and the supporters beginning to turn to them for an All-Ireland instead of the hurlers they are in with a great chance this year and i can see them winning Munster before meeting Kerry again in the All-Ireland stages. need to keep their top players fit tho. Prediction: Munster Champions & Semi-Finals

Galway
Between them and Mayo for Connaught and whoever comes out of that is in with a great shout. Sligo should run them close but they'l pull through. need to shore up their defence and improve their midfield. Attack is fantastic but Joyce is getting on in years and Meehan is being relied on too heavily. Prediction: Quarter Finals

Dublin
New manager, a few new players. could this be the year for Dublin to finally win Sam?...no! They should win Leinster again but the best thing to happen to the Dubs would be a run through the qualifiers. if they can get a head of steam and not have a long break between Leinster and the Quarter finals then they are in with a great shout. need to keep the Brogans fit and find a position for Cullen first. Prediction: Leinster Champions & Quarter Finals

Armagh
Some good u21 players coming through and still have a few old heads to help the transition. However, i can't see them having a say in the All-Ireland this year. they might take a big scalp in the qualifiers. could take Kerry/Cork/Dublin in the qualifiers if they get one of them but that'l be it. Predictions: Qualifiers

Donegal
Have a good chance of getting to an Ulster final this year but they have no chance of winning it. the best of the bad lot(Fermanagh,Cavan,Down) in Ulster does not mean they are capable of winning the province. Can't see them getting anywhere in the qualifiers either. Prediction: Qualifiers

Derry
on the tough side of the draw in Ulster but if they get past Monaghan they should be able to win the province. the league final defeat won't faze them at all as i dont think they even wanted to get that far. with players of the caliber of the Bradley's they are always in with a shout but once they come up against a big team in the All-Ireland stage then the usual thing will happen and they will e beaten. a team that are building for the future and the future starts this year for Derry. Prediction: Ulster Champions & Quarter Finals

Monaghan
It's time for this Monaghan team to deliver. they have flattered to deceive over the past two seasons but i think that will be the sum of their lot for now. i can't see them getting past Derry in Ulster and they could get a Tyrone/Armagh/Kerry in the first round of the qualifiers and it could be a short summer for Monaghan after two seasons of progress. Prediction: Qualifiers

Mayo
The New York game will have meant nothing to any of the Mayo players except Aidan O'Shea because scoring 1-3 in your championship debut can only help build confidance. the definite dark horses of 2009. if they get a few good wins and a Connaught title under their belt then they are in with a serious shout. they just need to get over their Kerry voodoo as they can beat any other team in the country on their day. just ask Tyrone how close they were last year. Prediction: Connaught Champions & All-Ireland finalists

Meath
Going nowhere. a poor league will be followed by a slightly less poor championship. Dublin should have far too much for them although i do believe it will be a tight game. Should get one or two victories in the qualifiers if they get the luck of the draw but thats about it for Meath in 2009. Prediction: Qualifiers

Kildare
the team that will cause a few shocks this season. should have enough to get through to the Leinster Final when anything can happen as Kieran McCGeeney will have his team trained to beat Dublin. That should be the high point of their season as I can't see them getting too much farther in championship. need to blood a few more young players and could begin to have a say in teh destination of Sam in the next couple of years. Prediction: Quarter Finals

Wexford
The surprise team of 2008 are going to come crashing down to earth with a bang. might beleive they have a chance of winning Leinster but realistcially they don't have enough strength in depth to keep last years sun going into 2009. might win a game in the qualifiers if they get a good draw but will go no further. Prediction: Qualifiers

Fermanagh
Proved against Down that they now have a free taker who can score. if only they had him last year then they could have their first Ulster title. will challenge Donegal for an Ulster final spot but will end up in the qualifiers. if they are lucky enough to get a win or two under their belts then who knows how far they will go, remember 2003 & 2004?? Prediction: Qualifiers

Westmeath
Have gone backwards in a huge way since last season. their defence seems to have just disappeared. Longford/Wicklow will definitely fancy their chances against them in Leinster and i can see them being a scalp for one of them. wont fare much better in the qualifiers. Prediction: Qualifiers
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Championship - serious analysts only!! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Ireland Championship - serious analysts only!!

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2009 1:52 pm

I will get around to doing out my list I just can;t be bothered at the minute!

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon May 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Serious contenders only.

Kerry
Main contenders would be Kerry who are head and shoulders above every other team. A bit like Kilkenny the last number of years just lacking a Brian Coady like manager who I think they have in Jack O'Connor. I would say its their's to lose.

Tyrone
I would agree with the fact that Tyrone had an easy path to the final last year. Lost to Down then beat Louth,Westmeath,Mayo,Dublin and Wexford on the way to the final. Beating counties who have 1 All Ireland between them in the last 20 years doesn't sound like an outstanding achievement. You could argue that they defeated the teams that were put in front of them. I wouldn't bank on them getting as easy a run to the final this time round and wouldn't expect them to be still playing in September.

Galway
Slightly dissappointing league campaign, similar to last year finished 3rd and died towards the end of the league but throw the league form out the window because its a meaningless competition anyway. Would expect them to cruise through Connacht with Mayo providing the only resistance. Narrowly lost out to Kerry in the rain last year and if they can avoid Kerry until the final they are capable of going on a run like Tyrone and Wexford last year.

Cork
Reigning munster champions last year as well as reaching the semi-final and 2007 runners up. I would expect another semi-final appearance this year from probably the most underrated football team in the country. Play as a team rather than a collection of star individuals. Can't see them winning Munster but a semi-final place looks likely.

Forget the rest I'll eat my shoes if someone else other than the teams above wins it.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 18, 2009 9:54 pm

[quote="clash-of-da-ash"]Serious contenders only.

Forget the rest I'll eat my shoes if someone else other than the teams above wins it.
/quote]

That last sentence is in the bank Clash!!! Twisted Evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2