GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare will win the All-Ireland

+3
Boxtyeater
patsymc
Loyal2TheRoyal
7 posters

Go down

Kildare will win the All-Ireland Empty Kildare will win the All-Ireland

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed May 23, 2012 10:23 pm

As everyone on this forum is aware, I made a prediction around this time last year stating Dublin would win the All-Ireland. I was rightly applauded when they delivered on my prediction in September.

I'm sure many have been waiting for a similiar prediction and the good news is it's here. The even better news is I'm ever more confident than last year. I can't see Kildare not winning it.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Kildare will win the All-Ireland Empty Re: Kildare will win the All-Ireland

Post  patsymc Wed May 23, 2012 10:28 pm

you cant be serious
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Deadly serious Patsy. I must admit I have developed a soft spot for them. Players like E. Callaghan, J. Doyle, H. McGrillen, M. Conway, E. O'Flaherty, E. Bolton - all very exciting to watch. IWhat impresses me most is how they have kept bouncing back year on year. But rest assured there is no sentiment in this prediction. Kildare will go all the way - Sam will be heading back down to the plains of the curragh for the first time since 1928.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Wed May 23, 2012 10:39 pm

just couldnt see them winning it i think they would mess it up in the home straight,remember 98 they lost to a poor galway side ,i know the have pedigree in their horses buy they dont bring that to the gaa,i could be wrong i have being in recent times,i heard they have some great players but to win an all ireland,they would have to win leinster first,meath wont be afraid of the lillys
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed May 23, 2012 10:49 pm

That was an exceptional Kildare side in 1998. They had some great battles with Meath. Unfortunetely, this time around, whilst there's been many close battles, there's only ever one winner. It's a big ask for Meath to beat Kildare.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed May 23, 2012 10:52 pm

2012 is the year that football purists have longed for. As we emerge from recession, savour an Olympic gold or two, win Eurovision, having won the egg-chasing to placate Jayo we're once again open for business in the great old game......

Down with austerity and negative footballing styles, endless bunching and "men behind the ball" and welcome the game of football...
Not for the first time, Connacht has led the way viz. Galwaly's performance on Sunday..."let the ball do the work"....

Distance runners, defence/possession merchants, negative tacticians and their ilk have had their day. Possession football is over.
Expect the "no frilly football here" teams, Kerry, Galway, Leitrim, Meath and Derry to be involved at the business end......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Wed May 23, 2012 10:57 pm

boxtyeater you have lost the plot the winners will come from the last 4 in 2011,with a shout to cork to replace mayo,my choice would be cork the game has moved on catch and kick is gone galway are poor to young to win anything bar maybe connacht
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed May 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:As everyone on this forum is aware, I made a prediction around this time last year stating Dublin would win the All-Ireland. I was rightly applauded when they delivered on my prediction in September.

As the sole player who tipped all four provincial winners and the All Ireland Champs (in both codes) last season (before Bocerty called in Stephen Hawking to help with this year's comp) I disagree. I think Kildare could well win Leinster but there is still a frailty there and a lack of experience of getting over the line in the big ones. They have not been near enough in recent years IMO to push on for the big one. In addition the whole Jelly saga is not a good sign - it indicates to me that they don't even believe that they have the full package themselves.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed May 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Parouisa wrote:
As the sole player who tipped all four provincial winners and the All Ireland Champs (in both codes) last season (before Bocerty called in Stephen Hawking to help with this year's comp) I disagree. I think Kildare could well win Leinster but there is still a frailty there and a lack of experience of getting over the line in the big ones. They have not been near enough in recent years IMO to push on for the big one. In addition the whole Jelly saga is not a good sign - it indicates to me that they don't even believe that they have the full package themselves.

"Coughs".....

Kildare may well win Leinster but that's about it. They are unable to detach from their frenzied supporters, unable to raise green flags in sufficent numbers and are, and have been, sustained by athleticism.....Poor forwards.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed May 23, 2012 11:58 pm

patsymc wrote:boxtyeater you have lost the plot the winners will come from the last 4 in 2011,with a shout to cork to replace mayo,my choice would be cork the game has moved on catch and kick is gone galway are poor to young to win anything bar maybe connacht

Patsy has clearly a bit to learn about Boxtyeaters posting style..... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu May 24, 2012 9:57 am

They will have Seanie Johnstone available come the end of June as well
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu May 24, 2012 10:32 am

Indeed, as broken by Puke, the big news this morning is that Seanie Johnson's transfer has been approved. However, this was posted on the HS website:

"Under rule Johnston cannot line out with Kildare until such time as he has played a club championship game within the county. He was ineligible to play in St Kevin's first round SFC game last weekend and currently the second round is not scheduled to take place until after Kieran McGeeney's team exit the championship."

Hmmm, I wonder how long it will take before the Kildare Club championship is rearranged to take place before the Leinster semi final.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu May 24, 2012 11:22 am

A bit of a joke alright. I'm sure there are many good club forwards in the county scratching their heads. First we take an Ulster county into the hurling championship ... now its players into the football one ... Rolling Eyes
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Johnson could always play in the club hurling championship and he would then be eligable
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu May 24, 2012 2:16 pm

The Puke wrote:Johnson could always play in the club hurling championship and he would then be eligable

A long ould journey for a junior hurling match ......
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu May 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Yet again the GAAs attempts at bringing a rule in to stop this kind of thing is exposed badly by loophole after loophole! London made a lot of noise then exposed the loophole by bringing a championship round forward! Open market is on the way, like it or not!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down