GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions

+4
Jayo Cluxton
mullins
Loyal2TheRoyal
LillyLovesSam
8 posters

Go down

Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions Empty Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions

Post  LillyLovesSam Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:47 pm

What do ya think??? Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions Icon_lol
LillyLovesSam
LillyLovesSam
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Kildare
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions Empty Re: Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:52 pm

Happened in 1928 so no reason why it can't happen in the next 82 years.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions Empty Re: Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions

Post  mullins Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:56 pm

LillyLovesSam wrote:What do ya think??? Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions Icon_lol

minnows loyal
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:06 am

A really solid side - would not rule it out at all ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Watched a full re-run of the game this morning and its quite amazing the way Kildare overwhelmed Meath in the second half. They were so merciless in those final ten minutes, shoving Meath aside in a way thats not being seen for a long time.

McGeeney has obviously worked some magic with Kildare, they've never been so barbarous and ruthless but this team certainly is. I should probably have realised it after the Derry and Monaghan games but I accredited those wins to lifeless opposition, uninterested in a battle, but in reality it was just Kildare who sucked the life from them. And they did the same to Meath, although to be fair to our lads, we stayed in the hunt for a lot longer. But we finally crumbled around 60/61 minutes and that was that.

Kildare would be my favourites for Sam now. I couldn't see Down coping with them and Cork/Dublin would need to be improve two or three fold to have a chance.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:52 pm

They were very impressive
Had huge power in the middle third
They seem to be perfecting the Geezer trademark diagonal ball which led to both goals and to Doyles scores from play.
So super long and accuarte footpassing into the front-men
and once they get a steam up they have an army of players that can kick points from distance.

Their weakness in the last two games was a sluggishness in the first fiteen minutes - The have managed to turn this around with an early second half burst against Monaghan and two goals before HT against meath left them well positioned for the second half.

I'd feel that if both Kildare and Down started as they did this weekend then Kildare would have big hill to climb
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 pm

I hope so.

On the basis that "my dad can beat your dad" Louth beat Kildare, Antrim drew with them in Newbridge, and Antrim beat Louth handily in the league, so I will claim that Antrim are the number 2 in Ireland.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:43 pm

LillyLovesSam wrote:What do ya think??? Kildare as All Ireland Football Champions Icon_lol

well i wouldnt rule it out one bit.

The had some super performances yesterday - the full back McGrillen was outstanding and Kavanagh was coolness personified for his goal.

The way the start slowly could be a problem if Down come out of the blocks all guns blazing and put up a big score which cant be hauled back. The loss of Early didnt seem to phase them at all they just got on with the job in hand. There was some super scores coming from all over the field which is a big asset to any team though in fairness Sheridan hit a few belters for Meath.

All 4 teams must be thinking they wont get a better chance to win SAM than this year..........
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Lads/lasses, Kevin McGourty dominated them twice this year. Unfortunately at county level one man can't do it all.

Surely what's left have a lot better than Kevin?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:00 pm

patrique wrote:Lads/lasses, Kevin McGourty dominated them twice this year. Unfortunately at county level one man can't do it all.

Surely what's left have a lot better than Kevin?

Kildare in the early season had a lazy defence. They started to suffocate teams and got better and better at it.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:04 am

One of the big differences in this Kildare team over others is ... they can tackle! I accredit Grimley for that more than Geezer. They are hugely fit and play a mix of the handpass (same old style - very Donegal like) and the foot pass - but they are really well conditioned and in Doyle and Kavanagh and others have real scoring power. While the FB McGrillen had impressed me I think he can be ran at ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down