GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boxing Thread

5 posters

Go down

The Boxing Thread Empty The Boxing Thread

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:10 am

Peterson vs Khan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Thread Empty Re: The Boxing Thread

Post  The Puke Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Couldn't be arsed starting a new thread but Carl Frock takes on Andre Ward tonight and it should be a decent fight
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:00 pm

You may as well go and frock yourself..............
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:32 am

Best if luck to Matthew Macklin on St Patricks night in Madision square Garden, he will be up against it no doubt against Martinez who is a quality fighter. Should be a decent spectacle as Macklin a tough lad with a lot of heart and a tough opponent for anyone.

If it is close to the same standard as the Macklin v Sturm fight we are in for a treat
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Reports are surfacing that the self-styled Celtic Warrior, Steve Collins, has apparently lost his marbles.
He want's needs to tangle with Roy Jones Jnr.....

I predict a pummelling of epic proportions for Collins should this come to pass...There's a ballad waiting to be composed here....

"The dream turned into a nightmare when Jones hit him a wicked smack
As he lay on the deck he wished that he had not come back
He thought he was a hero when he battered Nigel Benn
But Jonesy was a tough one, the mightiest of men"

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:08 pm

anyone watch the Froch v Groves fight at the weekend.

A compelling contest and has raised some serious debate about whether the ref stopped it too early. Personally though that he could have given Groves more time. Given that Froch was behind (thought not by as much on the scorecards as he should have been) and that the ref jumped in at the first sign of trouble for Groves when he had already let Froch take a few tasty punches i would have to question whether or not there are men at work behind the scenes here, men with brown envelopes if you know what i mean...............

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:20 pm

bocerty wrote: i would have to question whether or not there are men at work behind the scenes here, men with brown envelopes if you know what i mean...............
I didn't see the fight, although saw the knockdown of Froch, and the stoppage.  Whether there was anything untoward in this instance, I've no idea.  However, you are spot on in suspecting dark arts rule the sport - it always has, and always will.  

I've always been a huge boxing fan, but it is its own worst enemy and could be on the way out as a mainstream sport (along with rugby league and hurling - all would be regretted losses).
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
bocerty wrote: i would have to question whether or not there are men at work behind the scenes here, men with brown envelopes if you know what i mean...............
I didn't see the fight, although saw the knockdown of Froch, and the stoppage.  Whether there was anything untoward in this instance, I've no idea.  However, you are spot on in suspecting dark arts rule the sport - it always has, and always will.  

I've always been a huge boxing fan, but it is its own worst enemy and could be on the way out as a mainstream sport (along with rugby league and hurling - all would be regretted losses).
i enjoy boxing TC though i wouldn't say i am a huge huge fan - i wouldn't go looking for boxing on the tv but if i came across a fight by chance while channel hopping i would certainly watch it. I have huge respect for these guys as their fitness levels are phenomenal, 10-12 3 minute rounds is tough going. The other half took part in a charity boxing match recently and she loved it - they trained 3 times a week for 2 months or more and they were only boxing 3 x 1 minute rounds. I watched some of the training and it was brutal stuff.

Now i am not one for wanting any man or woman to take a hammering and there have been enough tragedies in the sport without adding to the list but i thought Groves deserved another 15-20 seconds at least to see if he was going to be able to continue. I know there are those who would argue (and Froch did himself) that those few seconds could make an awful difference and easily end a mans life never mind a career. But it wasnt that he was wobbling and it wasnt that he was all over the shop, certainly no more so than Froch was on at least one occasion - the ref seemed too keen to me to end it.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down