GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player grants and playstation games!

2 posters

Go down

Player grants and playstation games! Empty Player grants and playstation games!

Post  North Side Gael Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:01 pm

I remember the launch of play station games a couple of years back for gaa, caused a big foray, the gaa saying players coulnt benefit from names being used and the gpa saying if they use players names without permision they would face legal action, we all remember the stories and rumours.

But heres the thing, its been a while since these games where launched, now soccer launches 2/3 games every year with good marketing and so on, maybe to help pay players grants and possibly even increase them, we could reach an agreement on a new game with real names being used, this would help pay players grants and when recession is over and back to normal we can continue and invest the money in clubs also, what do people think?

I had the games myself, they needed a bit of work done but they were decent enough!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Player grants and playstation games! Empty Re: Player grants and playstation games!

Post  The Puke Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:54 pm

How much are Sony or whoever makes the game going to pay for naming rights, very little I'd say....Especially given the fact that in the grand scheme of things in the games market that it is going to sell fcuk all copies especially compared to soccer games like Fifa and Pro Evolution which are two of the top selling games year on year
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Player grants and playstation games! Empty Re: Player grants and playstation games!

Post  North Side Gael Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:11 pm

something is better than nothing puke!

The game will sell grand so long as its marketed properly, the american football games sell well in ireland, im sure gaa if marketed and made properly could sell grand, its only one way of raising funds, even if its only in the thousands made its better than nothing!

I still think an amatuer fight night in croke park is best, Henry Shefflin v Eoin Kelly!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:17 pm

North Side Gael wrote:something is better than nothing puke!

The game will sell grand so long as its marketed properly, the american football games sell well in ireland, im sure gaa if marketed and made properly could sell grand, its only one way of raising funds, even if its only in the thousands made its better than nothing!

I still think an amatuer fight night in croke park is best, Henry Shefflin v Eoin Kelly!

But whoever develops the game isn't going to pay huge money for image/name rights of players for a game that will do well to sell more than 10000 copies as opposed to an American Football game or soccer game that will sell all over the world in its millions

From a business point of view there would be sweet fcuk all to be made from having the players names in the game, as it would sell regardless without the names and as it is for a very limited market it would make little or no sense to pay for the naming rights apart from a small nominal fee
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:20 pm

I disagree, one of the points i heard from a lot of people was the lack of names on the game was bit of a failure, it would make a difference and it would sellin hundreds of thousands, under age gaa has a hell of a lot more members than the adult section and that is where the game will be sold!

American football ps game sells thousands in Ireland, im pretty sure in Ireland we can outsell that, its still money made!

And TC calls me negative, mon the antrim and carlow today puke lol
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:40 pm

North Side Gael wrote:I disagree, one of the points i heard from a lot of people was the lack of names on the game was bit of a failure, it would make a difference and it would sellin hundreds of thousands, under age gaa has a hell of a lot more members than the adult section and that is where the game will be sold!

American football ps game sells thousands in Ireland, im pretty sure in Ireland we can outsell that, its still money made!

And TC calls me negative, mon the antrim and carlow today puke lol

There isn't a hope it would sell hundreds of thousands....You can call it negative but it is the reality, there is no justification for the developer to spend huge sums of money on naming rights for something that is being sold to a very small market, how many buy the NFL game in Ireland is irrelavent as it sells millions every year world wide, outside of Ireland the Gaa game wouldn't sell meaning that even of they were to sell 50000 copies on Ireland their profit margins will still be tight enough and they wouldn't be able to justify paying anything more than a small nominal fee for naming rights.....It is business 101, your heart might be in the right place but it is very flawed business logic
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down