GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Rugby

4 posters

Go down

Club Rugby Empty Club Rugby

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:41 am

As a proud Munster man, I will offer any one Leinster fan amongst the GT faithful an avatar bet ahead of the match tonight. Should Munster win, the other poster must change their avatar to the Munster crest and should Leinster win, I will change my avatar from my Charles Manson-esque self to the Leinster crest.

Any takers?

Last edited by RMDrive on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Mind your own business!)

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

One that's the wrong side of the Shannon
Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Club Rugby Empty Re: Club Rugby

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:12 am

Larry Murphy - you are a lucky man! I did not see this til now Sad

If I did you would have a different avatar. Meanwhile I can only bask in the knowledge that we have done what the Cats didn't ..... 5 in a row! cheers
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:08 am

Wellity wellity wellity...

No one took up the offer so my avatar shall remain. Perhaps this thread will be revisited before Leinster travel to Thomond next year.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 pm

Ah Larry did ya see Leinster yesterday. Jaysus the pop pass by BOD to set up the second try for Kearney was sublime. And what a hit on Heaslip by Chabal - but he took it no bother. 5 superb tries - a good days work! Munster under a bit of pressure but fair play to them for getting a bonus with 79 mins on the clock.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:48 am

McGahan is trying to bring through new players and it didn't really work on Saturday. You can beat the tried and tested.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:28 am

When I was leaving Lansdowne Road (I have yet to come to a satisfactory sponsorship agreement with an Insurance company to freely mention its name) after the Leinster- Munster match last week, I noticed a weird, almost apocalyptic, sight of hundreds upon hundreds of umbrellas stuck into the ground. Does anyone know if that was this some bullshitty art installation or actaual stadium regulations?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:32 am

Sebastian wrote:When I was leaving Lansdowne Road (I have yet to come to a satisfactory sponsorship agreement with an Insurance company to freely mention its name) after the Leinster- Munster match last week, I noticed a weird, almost apocalyptic, sight of hundreds upon hundreds of umbrellas stuck into the ground. Does anyone know if that was this some bullshitty art installation or actaual stadium regulations?

I think that was a family from Derry on a day out ....... Joe Brolly and clan ... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:54 am

Very impressed by Munster today. Whatever about 'buying' a soccer team/club I reckon its much harder to buy a rugby club where heart and interest in the jersey counts for a helluva lot. Toulon and Saracens full of stars ... individuals. Mick O' Driscoll was immense today - fair play to him - he has really lessened the loss of O'Connell. But Sexton was superb. Great to see our number 10s at the top of their game. Sean O'Brien is also becoming a serious player ... and Mc Fadden. Good weekend for the provinces.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Very impressed by Munster today. Whatever about 'buying' a soccer team/club I reckon its much harder to buy a rugby club where heart and interest in the jersey counts for a helluva lot. Toulon and Saracens full of stars ... individuals. Mick O' Driscoll was immense today - fair play to him - he has really lessened the loss of O'Connell. But Sexton was superb. Great to see our number 10s at the top of their game. Sean O'Brien is also becoming a serious player ... and Mc Fadden. Good weekend for the provinces.

Indeed, very impressed with Munster's ability to sniff out the tries and produce a performance when needed. If only they could do it all the time, but I guess I'm being greedy.

Thought Howlett, Stringer, O' Gara, Wallace and Buckley (in the loose) all produced good performances too.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Bad weekend for the Irish teams..............
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:00 pm

patrique wrote:Bad weekend for the Irish teams..............

The half time break came at the wrong time ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Who changed the title of this thread?

I find it appalling that such an act was performed without me giving the green light. I will be taking the matter to a court of arbitration.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down