GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro 2012 Thread

+29
GAA-Fan
Thomas Clarke
Podger
Parouisa
hipster 2
samin12
OMAR
mugsys_barber
mullins
black&white
SamiPremier08
Real Kerry Fan
Grenvile
Loyal2TheRoyal
rich dublin
RMDrive
Peter Solan the Great
bocerty
Joseff
patrique
Boxtyeater
Larry Murphy
JimWexford
hurlingguru
3inarow08
Jayo Cluxton
Sawyer
clash-of-da-ash
The Puke
33 posters

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Euro 2012 Thread Empty Euro 2012 Thread

Post  The Puke Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:48 pm

First up for Ireland is an away trip to Armenia at 4 pm irish time this friday....Have the feeling that we are going to struggle big time.....

Given, Kilbane, Keane, McGeady all have very little football under their belts this season....Hunt, Duff and Andrews all out....

presume Trap will go with something similar to
Given
O'Shea-Dunne-St Ledger-Kilbane
McGeady-Green-Whelan-Fahey
Keane-Doyle

He could well start McShane right back with O'Shea going centre half but I would hope not.....We will have a fairly poor bench by the look of it probably Gibson, Keogh, McShane, Sheridan and Foley the likely options....

I would take the scrappiest of 1-0 wins now....A few injuries just shows how much of a lack in strength in depth there is at the moment

Any thoughts on our team/chances/how qualifying will go gents
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:25 pm

I could see them lining up as follows

Given

McShane - St Ledger - Dunne - O'Shea

McGeady - Green - Whelan - Kilbane

Doyle - Keane
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sawyer Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Saw the second half of Villa and Everton yesterday and liked the look of Seamus Coleman, he should be in there very soon, with O'Shea moving to the left side and Skilbane left out.
Sawyer
Sawyer
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Euro 2012 Thread Empty 2014 Qualifying campaign ....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 pm

God if ever a campaign got off to a worse start I can't remember it!! Ok Duff is out but he's not up to much but to lose defensive collosus and all-round talisman Paul McShane to injury is devastating. The only bright spot was watching the news tonight and seeing an interview with Killer Zidane. At least he's fit - phew ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:43 pm

Ian Harte for a recall!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:52 pm

Id rather Niall Quinn

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:50 am

hurlingguru wrote:Id rather Niall Quinn
4 years away and most of the country could be living there, quick question here is there??
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Encouraging enough first half performance here considering the heat and pitch....St Ledger and Dunne have looked composed the odd occasion they have been put under pressure, Lawrence has been tidy on the ball while McGeady has the beating of his man down the left....The Armenian's only really threatening on the counter, their centre halves have been poor, Doyle winning plentyof flick on's and Keane's movement has been good, all we need now is a bit of a break....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Robbie should put away one of these chances in the second half.

Green is looking out of his depth.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

One that's the wrong side of the Shannon
Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Game opened up in the second half as out tiredness started to show but that is a good result and we had a few decent individual performances
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:41 pm

Euro 2012 Thread Rubbis10
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:08 am

Great win tonight for our boys against Slovenia, who did well in the World Cup.

"There's only one team in Ireland....."

And to be honest I haven't heard of most of them.

Mind you, I haven't heard of most of the ROI team either these days.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:32 am

patrique wrote:Great win tonight for our boys against Slovenia, who did well in the World Cup.

They didn't qualify for the World Cup.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:43 am

patrique wrote:Great win tonight for our boys against Slovenia, who did well in the World Cup."There's only one team in Ireland....."

T'was against Azerbaijan or one of them former Soviet states, ranked about 550 on the FIFA (make it up yourself, but must include fookers) scale....
Wonderful stuff from the Atrocity league protegees and the stalwarts of the EPL (well, English Players League).....Congrats to Kevin Kilbane as well, I'm a bit unsure, but he must have more appearances than Frank Sinatra on the "big stage"....596 Ireland caps for the Macclesfield/Wigan/Whereever legend....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:09 am

Larry Murphy wrote:
patrique wrote:Great win tonight for our boys against Slovenia, who did well in the World Cup.

They didn't qualify for the World Cup.

Apologies, they did qualify for the World Cup. I even watched them play against England.

I really shouldn't have been posting on internet sites after the consumption of a shoulder of Huzzar.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:26 am

Larry Murphy wrote:[
I really shouldn't have been posting on internet sites after the consumption of a shoulder of Huzzar.

Saturday mornings can sometimes be worrying in other western areas as well Larry. You would nearly be afraid to turn the thing on....
Then, after the cold sweats and if the hand steadies, you breathe again.....A wet day, Euro 2012 Thread Food-s12 possibly..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Larry Murphy wrote:[

Saturday mornings can sometimes be worrying in other western areas as well Larry. You would nearly be afraid to turn the thing on....
Then, after the cold sweats and if the hand steadies, you breathe again.....A wet day, Euro 2012 Thread Food-s12 possibly..

A cup of tea and some boxty bread would see you sorted. Then you can investigate (and try to rectify) the damage.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:26 pm

Paddy, don't tell me you support the Orange Men's soccer team ?

I suppose you will be in Raven Hill aswell bearing a Union Jack come the Heineken Cup.

Traitor...Traitor.....Traitor !

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:55 pm

[quote="Joseff"]

I suppose you will be in Raven Hill aswell bearing a Union Jack come the Heineken Cup.

[b]Traitor...Traitor.....Traitor !

I am sitting here now wearing an Ulster Rugby top as it so happens. I also have Munster, Ireland and Stade francais tops. Sectarian bigots accept all of those apart from the Ulster jersey.

I also support Ulster in the railway cup and no-one has objected to that yet. It is indeed a strange world we inhabit.

In 1999 when ulster won the Heinekin cup (part of the peace process I always thought) it actually worked as there were thousands of GAA fans at the final in Landsdowne waving Ulster flags, mixing with their cultured unionist friends.

Being originally from West belfast and immersed in that "culture" I shall never forget the chants of "there's only one team in Ireland" and will not rest easy until we recapture the 26 counties.

Robbed at boxing, gaelic football, basketball, hurling and soccer by cheating southern administrators I could never support them.

I remember boxing in Dublin, knocked the local guy out, and was lucky to get a draw.

No, it is the "wee six" for me. I would accept the Ulster Rugby team without Tommy Bowe and the 3 "foreign counties.

Mind you, I will still be supporting my beloved Italy at Windsor.

patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:06 pm

I wonder what a merged FAI/IFA team would look like.

Johnny Evans would tighten up the defence and an in-form David Healy would be a far better option than Kevin Doyle. Surely ye have better midfielders than Whelan and Green as well...?

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:08 pm

[quote="patrique"]
Joseff wrote:

[b]Traitor...Traitor.....Traitor !

I am sitting here now wearing an Ulster Rugby top as it so happens. I also have Munster, Ireland and Stade francais tops. Sectarian bigots accept all of those apart from the Ulster jersey.

I also support Ulster in the railway cup and no-one has objected to that yet. It is indeed a strange world we inhabit.

In 1999 when ulster won the Heinekin cup (part of the peace process I always thought) it actually worked as there were thousands of GAA fans at the final in Landsdowne waving Ulster flags, mixing with their cultured unionist friends.

Being originally from West belfast and immersed in that "culture" I shall never forget the chants of "there's only one team in Ireland" and will not rest easy until we recapture the 26 counties.

Robbed at boxing, gaelic football, basketball, hurling and soccer by cheating southern administrators I could never support them.

I remember boxing in Dublin, knocked the local guy out, and was lucky to get a draw.

No, it is the "wee six" for me. I would accept the Ulster Rugby team without Tommy Bowe and the 3 "foreign counties.

Mind you, I will still be supporting my beloved Italy at Windsor.

As i said, Traitor...Traitor...Traitor.

I suppose you were going to march behind Willie Frazer for the "Love Ulster" ***** aswell?

Why would you support the Brits (Ulster Rugby and NI Football)
What catholics is there on either of these two teams?

I would guess Niall Lennon was the last. Look how he was treated by the loyalist (racist, KKK) scum in the stands.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

Last edited by Joseff on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:12 pm

You're right there Joseff since Neil Lennon it seems Northern Ireland Catholics have decided to declare for the Republic.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Larry Murphy wrote:I wonder what a merged FAI/IFA team would look like.

Johnny Evans would tighten up the defence and an in-form David Healy would be a far better option than Kevin Doyle. Surely ye have better midfielders than Whelan and Green as well...?

Ah Lawrence ya can't be serious. I thought you were ment to "know about" soccer?

Kevin Doyle was our best player last night. It anything it's that crying little whimp Keane that should be ran away.

Not that Healy would be an addition anyway? does he even play for a club?
He had 2 good years in the NI (British) jersey and has vanished since.

Don't think Evans would get his place in defence either. Its by far our strongest line.

What about Gibson for center mid possibly the only Brit that would get on the Republic team.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Joseff wrote:

Ah Lawrence ya can't be serious. I thought you were ment to "know about" soccer?

Kevin Doyle was our best player last night. It anything it's that crying little whimp Keane that should be ran away.

Don't think Evans would get his place in defence either. Its by far our strongest line.

What about Gibson for center mid possibly the only Brit that would get on the Republic team.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

Gibson plays for the Republic, Joseff.

Healy is a proven international goalscorer and on form is a FAR better option than Kevin Doyle. Mind you, he hasn't been on form for a while now. Needs to get himself away from Sunderland.

As for Evans, well if we had him we mightn't have to ever see Paul McShane in the green again.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Larry Murphy wrote:
Joseff wrote:

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

Gibson plays for the Republic, Joseff.

Healy is a proven international goalscorer and on form is a FAR better option than Kevin Doyle. Mind you, he hasn't been on form for a while now. Needs to get himself away from Sunderland.

As for Evans, well if we had him we mightn't have to ever see Paul McShane in the green again.

Jaysus I always thought Gibson was one of the Brits. Whats Trapp at that he plays the two donkeys then instead of him?

So then we agree what 0 NI Brits would get onto the Republic team, good.
We don't need them for the rugby either.

Let them stay their side of the border and we will stay ours.

On the point of Paul McShane, I wouldn't insult the grass by having him on a pitch.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content