GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas please...

+3
hurlingguru
OMAR
SamiPremier08
7 posters

Go down

Ideas please... Empty Ideas please...

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:17 am

Quite fancy getting to Semple Stadium to see the much-anticipated Munster U21 hurling final between Tipperary and Clare this Wednesday evening.

As luck would have it, Sami flies out to Ireland on Wednesday Very Happy. As luck wouldn't have it, Sami arrives at Cork airport at 4.40pm.

The time gap between arrival and the 7.30pm thrown in has been deemed too short for me to be able to get to Thurles. I have been denied the right to ask any family members if they want to drive over to Thurles from Clonmel (where we should arrive about 6pm) as they will be "too tired from driving all the way to the airport."

So I need inspirational ideas of how to get to Thurles on Wednesday night please....
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Ideas please... Empty Re: Ideas please...

Post  OMAR Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:Quite fancy getting to Semple Stadium to see the much-anticipated Munster U21 hurling final between Tipperary and Clare this Wednesday evening.

As luck would have it, Sami flies out to Ireland on Wednesday Ideas please... Icon_biggrin. As luck wouldn't have it, Sami arrives at Cork airport at 4.40pm.

The time gap between arrival and the 7.30pm thrown in has been deemed too short for me to be able to get to Thurles. I have been denied the right to ask any family members if they want to drive over to Thurles from Clonmel (where we should arrive about 6pm) as they will be "too tired from driving all the way to the airport."

So I need inspirational ideas of how to get to Thurles on Wednesday night please....

Arrive Cork 16.40
Assume at taxi rank for 17.00
Taxi to train station 20 mins
17.30 train from Cork to Thurles
Arrive Thurles 18.52

If flight is late you get 18.30 train arrive Thurles 19.52 - and miss the first half
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:11 pm

I think Omar has hit the nail on the head. Sure Semple is right up against the train station.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Have proposed this idea on several occasions but it isn't going to happen.

Ah well looks like it'll be an evening in front of TG4
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:24 pm

OMAR wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:Quite fancy getting to Semple Stadium to see the much-anticipated Munster U21 hurling final between Tipperary and Clare this Wednesday evening.

As luck would have it, Sami flies out to Ireland on Wednesday Ideas please... Icon_biggrin. As luck wouldn't have it, Sami arrives at Cork airport at 4.40pm.

Arrive Cork 16.40
Assume at taxi rank for 17.00
Taxi to train station 20 mins
17.30 train from Cork to Thurles
Arrive Thurles 18.52

If flight is late you get 18.30 train arrive Thurles 19.52 - and miss the first half

How does he get back from Thurles?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 pm

How does he get back from Thurles?[/quote]

Well when I was sami's age (presume he is in his late teens - the return part of any journey was never a concern (Cop car/Ambulance/Stowaway - hitch -walk - joyride)
I was at the Trip to Tipp (Thurles) one year and managed to thumb home with no shoes.

But given that there will be several thousand Tipp people at the match and he wants to go to Clonmel I would have thought throwing on a TIPP jersey and standing out on the main road with your thumb out might work.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:21 pm

And so it turns out that all this hassle was most unnecessary, as my Grandad has (in the last few minutes) revealed that he's been wanting to go to the match and was under the assumption we'd be driving over having returned from the airport. He just decided not to tell anyone this...

If Ryanair delay their Manchester to Cork flight tomorrow there will be serious trouble affraid
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Young Sami is a keen cyclist I gather. Have a relation drop in a bicycle into Thurles, to a designated spot and he can cycle home at his leisure.
On a balmy Summers evening, who knows how the adventure might pan out....might even bump into a comely fair maiden en-route, but looking at the roaster heads of a few of their female supporters last Sunday, that would appear to be a 2 hope game...Bob Hope and No Hope....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:33 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:And so it turns out that all this hassle was most unnecessary, as my Grandad has (in the last few minutes) revealed that he's been wanting to go to the match and was under the assumption we'd be driving over having returned from the airport. He just decided not to tell anyone this...

If Ryanair delay their Manchester to Cork flight tomorrow there will be serious trouble Ideas please... Affraid

On the bright side if it is three hours later you get a £3.50 food voucher (not to be used for drink) which is enough for a plate of chips in Wetherspoons

Remember the 2009 Wimbledon final (the long one) - Well I watched all of in a Wetherspoons in Manchester Airport courtesy of Micky O L.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:36 pm

OMAR wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:And so it turns out that all this hassle was most unnecessary, as my Grandad has (in the last few minutes) revealed that he's been wanting to go to the match and was under the assumption we'd be driving over having returned from the airport. He just decided not to tell anyone this...

If Ryanair delay their Manchester to Cork flight tomorrow there will be serious trouble Ideas please... Affraid

On the bright side if it is three hours later you get a £3.50 food voucher (not to be used for drink) which is enough for a plate of chips in Wetherspoons

Remember the 2009 Wimbledon final (the long one) - Well I watched all of in a Wetherspoons in Manchester Airport courtesy of Micky O L.

ahh the good old £3.50 food voucher - had it many a time. But would be no consolation for missing out on what will be my only chance of attending a GAA match this year.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Ah well it's good to hear that you're getting to the match, should be a cracker. Smile I shall be running around a hurling pitch after a woman old enough to be my mother or in a cinema watching Toy Story Smile TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this helps Sam!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:16 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:I shall be running around ...... after a woman old enough to be my mother ....
Ah ... those were the days ... Ideas please... Icon_smile
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:I shall be running around ...... after a woman old enough to be my mother ....
Ah ... those were the days ... Ideas please... Icon_smile

Ah come on now Jason! Older men I like but older women... not really my thing!

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Hope it's a great game for you Sami. Good on you for making the effort to get over.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:30 am

Not too sure Sebastian:

SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down