GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin V Tipp

+9
hurlingguru
GAA-Fan
JimWexford
OMAR
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
Loyal2TheRoyal
3inarow08
Peter Solan the Great
13 posters

Go down

Dublin V Tipp Empty Dublin V Tipp

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:40 pm

6pm on a saturday strange time for a match. Another shock on the cards here. Tipp to win by 5.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Dublin V Tipp Empty Re: Dublin V Tipp

Post  3inarow08 Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Double header here, involving 2 Dublin teams. A predicted attendance of 22,500. Now I know I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but if that figure is true that is absolutely shocking for intercounty games.

Jayo, can you find that thread of yours on poor attendance by Kerry fans at games? That is if you can tear yourself away from the RTE iplayer.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:01 pm

GAA are taking the biscuit the minute's silence these days. Time to scrap it.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:08 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Double header here, involving 2 Dublin teams. A predicted attendance of 22,500. Now I know I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but if that figure is true that is absolutely shocking for intercounty games.

Jayo, can you find that thread of yours on poor attendance by Kerry fans at games? That is if you can tear yourself away from the RTE iplayer.

You must of missed the Galway match earlier where two men and a dog were in attendance
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Peter Solan the Great wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:Double header here, involving 2 Dublin teams. A predicted attendance of 22,500. Now I know I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but if that figure is true that is absolutely shocking for intercounty games.

You must of missed the Galway match earlier where two men and a dog were in attendance

No, I heard it alright. Sure wasn't it on Radio Kerry this morning?!

But sure when has not slagging Dublin ever been popular???
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:47 pm

22,107 - shocking alright and an indictment of whats going on on the pitch. In fairness Triona my gripe with Kerry fans was theie lack of attendance to watch a hugely successful winning team.

2,330 in Salthill is an absolute disgrace though.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:22,107 - shocking alright and an indictment of whats going on on the pitch. In fairness Triona my gripe with Kerry fans was theie lack of attendance to watch a hugely successful winning team.

2,330 in Salthill is an absolute disgrace though.

I know, I'm only trying to stir. Dublin V Tipp Icon_twisted
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:33 pm

And so ... the match. The most surreal C'ship match I have ever been at in Croker involving Dublin. The fans are voting with their feet and I can't blame them. 22,107 - thousands of whom were kids (€5) is a serious financial blow to the GAA coffers.

For large parts of the game Dublin were again shocking. I can see no system, no style of play - nothing. It is a shambles and were we playing any Div 1 or 2 team tonight (aside from Connacht ones) we'd be gone. We are supposedly playing a defensive system ... our FB falls on his **** and bang - goal! The guy looks nothing like he did at U21 - unfortunately. Tipp FF (Grogan?) is a lively, good player nonetheless.

The body language of the team speaks volumes - they are not enjoying their football nor do they seem to know - or enjoy - what they are doing. Why would Dublin have two men in the last third of the field for large parts of the game - v Tipp footballers! Guys are interchanged every two minutes. Croke Park is a vast wide open place and Dublin don't use it. A team with lots of fitness and pace - yet everything is down the middle ... madness.

A largely wretched evening and display - Brogans (especially B) and O'Gara somewhat redeeming features. McAuley showed promise and the midfield took over in the last 20 to deliver the win.

But Dublin must go back to basics ...
Play 6 defenders, 6 attackers and 2 midfielders.
Use the bloody space - please.
Show a bit of movement off the ball.
Give O'Gara the 14 shirt and leave him around the square.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:But Dublin must go back to basics ...
Play 6 defenders, 6 attackers and 2 midfielders.
Use the bloody space - please.
Show a bit of movement off the ball.
Give O'Gara the 14 shirt and leave him around the square.

But shure hasn't that been the cornerstone of the game for 100 years.....Who TF are ye' trying to copy "Wogball" with zonal systems, space marking, all that sheidt.....Giving systems and plans to Dubs is akin to giving gelegnite to suicide bombers...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:47 pm

Its become the GAA thing. Copying styles cos they are successful. Round pegs, square holes. So a flock of swans win the X Factor with a graceful dance and a herd of elephants are watching. Ok Nelly lets do a dance routine and win this thing next year ...

Play to your bloody strengths. Fitness and pace are Dublins. Stretch defences, run at them. Don't go overloading your bloody defence ... are you listening PG???
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:26 am

On the topic of zonal, marking space, two men inside, play a third midfielder, play the number 12 at right half half back its amazing that no body copies brian Codys system which is a bizarre 3-3-2-3-3
Ie Tommy walsh stands where he is supposed to somewhere around the 45 on the right hand side and gets a lot of ball - handy when your man is utilising himeslf as a sweeper for the goalie
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:28 am

OMAR wrote:On the topic of zonal, marking space, two men inside, play a third midfielder, play the number 12 at right half half back its amazing that no body copies brian Codys system which is a bizarre 3-3-2-3-3
Ie Tommy walsh stands where he is supposed to somewhere around the 45 on the right hand side and gets a lot of ball - handy when your man is utilising himeslf as a sweeper for the goalie

OMAR - you get it. Leitrim in big bother. Lets get into this management craic!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:11 pm

OMAR wrote:On the topic of zonal, marking space, two men inside, play a third midfielder, play the number 12 at right half half back its amazing that no body copies brian Codys system which is a bizarre 3-3-2-3-3

#Omar, how many times have we been told football is a simple game.
Yet we have clubs, county boards etc paying thousands to boys/girls/and some from far far away to come up with all these systems to "outfox" the other.
the 3,3,2,3,3 tends to win more games than it loses.
People also tend to know this system very well having played it from 10 years of age (now 14 due to more interference from Croke park).
Keep it simple and you'll win more than you lose
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Don't understand why this game was shown on TV. Dublin fans are always going on about the GAA needing them for the money. How about not televising their games so they will hopefully go to croker and pay.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:And so ... the match. The most surreal C'ship match I have ever been at in Croker involving Dublin. The fans are voting with their feet and I can't blame them. 22,107 - thousands of whom were kids (€5) is a serious financial blow to the GAA coffers.

22107 is above average for a qualifier. Sure in Carlow at some league games you might have 200 if your lucky. When the footballers and hurlers played in a double header a few weeks ago there was about 3000 and they were delighted with the crowd. But I know for the size of Dublin its a small enough crowd but lads its a recession and people just haven't the money to go to all their county's matches.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:22 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Don't understand why this game was shown on TV. Dublin fans are always going on about the GAA needing them for the money. How about not televising their games so they will hopefully go to croker and pay.

I just don't understand the problem with the crowd yesterday...The last few years people are saying the Dubs and there supporters are over hyped....Then we try to keep things below the radar, now were the worst supporters in the country....

Gaa fan like it or not the Dublin supporters kept the Gaa going for years...and thats fact...But the circus is on hold for the moment..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 pm

mullins wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Don't understand why this game was shown on TV. Dublin fans are always going on about the GAA needing them for the money. How about not televising their games so they will hopefully go to croker and pay.

I just don't understand the problem with the crowd yesterday...The last few years people are saying the Dubs and there supporters are over hyped....Then we try to keep things below the radar, now were the worst supporters in the country....

Gaa fan like it or not the Dublin supporters kept the Gaa going for years...and thats fact...But the circus is on hold for the moment..

This is just a foolish post. You and other Dublin fans need to realise that without Dublin the GAA would be just fine. Without all your hype and frenzy. Without your fickle support. Without all of it. The GAA is much bigger than Dublin or any county and it's time you lads realised it.

ps: please don't mention money to me. You can keep your money, we'll still have the GAA.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:57 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mullins wrote:

This is just a foolish post. You and other Dublin fans need to realise that without Dublin the GAA would be just fine. Without all your hype and frenzy. Without your fickle support. Without all of it. The GAA is much bigger than Dublin or any county and it's time you lads realised it.

ps: please don't mention money to me. You can keep your money, we'll still have the GAA.

Yeah if you say so Rmd...But the GAA top brass might not agree with you when the bank balance is down for the year.....Fickle support Dublin V Tipp Lol ..Remember you can only dream of seeing your county in a full croker....Weve fillied it for league matchs Dublin V Tipp Icon_biggrin You can have your Gaa if you wan't it.. Remember Dublin is not part of Ireland
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:01 pm

The first team out of the qualifier draw gets home advantage, so why were the Dublin hurlers and footballers not allowed play in Parnell Park?
O'Connor Park hosted a double header involving the Offaly hurlers and footballers so why not Parnell Park?
I haven't seen anyone criticise Galway or Wexford for 2300 in Pearse Stadium or Cork or Cavan for a similar amount in Páirc Uí Chaoimh.
I don't hear anyone moaning about Croke Park being just over half full today.
I am not saying the GAA need Dublins money but they thought they could milk the cash cow that in recent years has been Dublin GAA and it backfired. Attendances are down all over and not just at Dublin matches so you can't single Dublin out for it
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:01 pm

I've seen your true support. All 1000 of them in Breffni Park earlier this year.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:05 pm

RMDrive wrote:I've seen your true support. All 1000 of them in Breffni Park earlier this year.

I know Rmd im not proud of that ,but at least we came out the right side of that game Dublin V Tipp Icon_razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:07 pm

mullins wrote:
RMDrive wrote:I've seen your true support. All 1000 of them in Breffni Park earlier this year.

I know Rmd im not proud of that ,but at least we came out the right side of that game Dublin V Tipp Icon_razz

And you'll find I never questioned that Mullins.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:09 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mullins wrote:

And you'll find I never questioned that Mullins.

Never said you did
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:21 am

Shinners wrote:The first team out of the qualifier draw gets home advantage, so why were the Dublin hurlers and footballers not allowed play in Parnell Park?
O'Connor Park hosted a double header involving the Offaly hurlers and footballers so why not Parnell Park?
I haven't seen anyone criticise Galway or Wexford for 2300 in Pearse Stadium or Cork or Cavan for a similar amount in Páirc Uí Chaoimh.
I don't hear anyone moaning about Croke Park being just over half full today.
I am not saying the GAA need Dublins money but they thought they could milk the cash cow that in recent years has been Dublin GAA and it backfired. Attendances are down all over and not just at Dublin matches so you can't single Dublin out for it

I blame Paul Galvin Dublin V Tipp Icon_sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:59 am

Believe me RMD the GAA are really hurting financially and 22k fans in Croker for a Dubs game is very bad news. Yes the GAA wil carry on etc etc but poor Dublin crowds are a big big blow.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down