GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tipp v Waterford

+2
Boxtyeater
mossbags
6 posters

Go down

Tipp v Waterford Empty Tipp v Waterford

Post  mossbags Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:07 pm

How do ye see this going lads? It's a very intriguing encounter and I find it very hard to call to be honest. Waterford are well overpriced, I know that much.I think Tipp have the winning of it if they can keep thoughts of a show-down with KK firmly out of their heads, they will feel they owe Waterford for 08. Waterford on the other hand have done nothing wrong and if anything have improved since then. They are well capable of beating Tipp on their day and for all his gombeenism Davy Fitz has proved quite a good manager.
I think Tipp should probably win but I might have a sneaky few squids on the Blaa's just in case
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Tipp v Waterford Empty Re: Tipp v Waterford

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:27 pm

Waterford by 8, Tipp to freeze on the day. Brick Walsh to nail the All-Star at 6..........
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Would be leaning towards Tipp but still have reservations over the form of some of their backs and also the ability of their forwards to produce for 70 minutes....Lack of a ball winner and aggresion in their forwards is a huge hinderence for them, all well and good having 5 finishers but it leads to a lack of balance....

Waterford have the physical edge and will have a higher workrate but lack Tipp's scoring power...
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Tipperary team to face Waterford this Sunday Brendan
Cummins, Paddy Stapleton, Paul Curran, Mickey Cahill, Declan Fanning,
Conor O'Mahony, Paudie Maher, Shane McGrath, Brendan Maher, John
O'Brien, Bonner Maher, Gar Ryan, Noel McGrath, Larry Corbett, Eoin Kelly
(Captain),

David Young out, John O Brien in.
O Brien getting his reward for kickstarting the comeback against Galway when the ref passed him the sliotar from a hop ball. Waterford certainly won't fear this Tipp side in any way shape or form and could well beat them if they are on a 'going' day. Beginning to think Waterford have the winning of this
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:27 pm

This has the potential to be fantastic game - looks like I won't be able to see it though Sad holiday tomorrow, no irish tv!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:38 am

In breaking news a buddy of mine from down the country phones up today to enquire "Would you be interested in a lock of Premium level tickets for the hurling final?" ...He has 4 but after a work related accident isn't able to travel.....
I said I wouldn't see him stuck with them and volunteered to take his wife along should she wish to go, as a goodwill gesture....

There was also the query regarding whether 200 B&H for €25 on an ongoing basis was any value to me. Again, despite feeling decidedly unpatriotic, I found it hard to see him lumbered with surplus product on his hands....

Hopefully he might just find a stray case of Hennessy before the winter sets in.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Fancy Tipp by 5-6 - Waterford other than brick look weak in the backs and other than Mullane seem weal up front.

Though have to admit when you read the Tipp back 6 there is a liitle bit of Who ??
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:54 pm

OMAR wrote:Though have to admit when you read the Tipp back 6 there is a liitle bit of Who ??

Will be interesting to study/analyse Liam Sheedy's actions on the line tomorrow and the vocal taunts likely to be hurled by supporters of the Blaas in the light of recent revelations/innuendo..... Tipp v Waterford Icon_pale Tipp v Waterford Icon_pale

Reports elsewhere indicate that he has little time, if any, for a member of this forum....Bad form by Sheedy,but there again it's hardly top of his list of worries at the moment...

** Moderator Bocerty encourages care when the word innuendo appears.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
OMAR wrote:Though have to admit when you read the Tipp back 6 there is a liitle bit of Who ??

Will be interesting to study/analyse Liam Sheedy's actions on the line tomorrow and the vocal taunts likely to be hurled by supporters of the Blaas in the light of recent revelations/innuendo..... Tipp v Waterford Icon_pale Tipp v Waterford Icon_pale

Reports elsewhere indicate that he has little time, if any, for a member of this forum....Bad form by Sheedy,but there again it's hardly top of his list of worries at the moment...

** Moderator Bocerty encourages care when the word innuendo appears.....

Omar ignorant of WTF you are on about
Last time I heard Innuendo re the premier that corner forward all star offender was lost in his own where in the world.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Sheedy is some gimp. His clownish behaviour on the line is now being imitated by the Tipp players with faux badge kissing, retarded screaming at each other through their helmets and other general ape-ish carry-on on the field of play so these two sides are a good match for each other in that regard. It's jungle hurling we'll be seeing in Croke Park tomorrow with Sheedy and Davy Fitz the chief protaganists.

Tipp v Waterford 05potatv11
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:24 pm

OMAR wrote:[

Mossbags has a few well perfected phrases to give you the jist of what the dogs in the street are barking about...
Over to you on this one Bags..... Tipp v Waterford Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

Mossbags has a few well perfected phrases to give you the jist of what the dogs in the street are barking about...

If I told you RMD would have to kill you Tipp v Waterford Icon_silent Tipp v Waterford Icon_silent
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:51 pm

mossbags wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

If I told you RMD would have to kill you Tipp v Waterford Icon_silent Tipp v Waterford Icon_silent

Well if death is an option tell him to hurry the Fook up
This day is aleady 30 hours too long - am all ends of dead - onto the dry heaving stage at present which at least means that the shakes are on their way up the M3
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:53 pm

I actually met him recently enough above in Seymour's in Portroe, he was in watching the racing and being his usual self, he did his best to get a chat going but I refused give the c-unt the time of day.....heard he did his best to start a row with a galway player who walking off the pitch after being subbed the last day
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 pm

It's a tough one to call. Given their performances against Cork you'd have to favour Waterford but the triangle theory doesn't always work.

I'll still go with Waterford.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

One that's the wrong side of the Shannon
Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:38 pm

The Puke wrote:I actually met him recently enough above in Seymour's in Portroe, he was in watching the racing and being his usual self, he did his best to get a chat going but I refused give the c-unt the time of day

Are you ever at home Puke, between the Railway Hotel, Donkey Ford's, Ma Ryans and your other escapades...You'll arrive in Ballinamore yet... Tipp v Waterford Icon_wink

Davy Fitz's tactical naivety was exposed today. 5 of the 6 starting forwards taken off, not preventing the short puck-outs allowed Tipp rain balls on top of the full-back line willy-nilly, driving angel rapers in on top of Mullane and the young lad (who clearly hadn't the physicality for senior) was complete nonsense. By the time he'd copped on, the Tipp backs were bulling for ball all over the shop and were growing (if it was possible) in confidence. Manful displays by Browne and Brick prevented total annihilation but the old Achilles heel of Waterford resurfaced, poor full back line....

Tipp then fell, as they do, into the comfort zone and allowed the Blaas creep back at them, but they hadn't the wherewithal to up it enough.

The injury to Tommy Walsh will further disrupt the Cats but I still feel they have enough for the stonethrowers..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down