GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs. Ireland

+7
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
mid-mon man
Grenvile
mossbags
SamiPremier08
11 posters

Go down

England vs. Ireland Empty England vs. Ireland

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Looking forward to this now. Will be a stern test for the lads, England still on for the grand slam remember and us having been crushed by France last time out. Come on!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

England vs. Ireland Empty Re: England vs. Ireland

Post  mossbags Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:59 pm

As I have some time today I may actually tune in to this. I've been told this sport represents a cross between Ulster football and an egg and spoon race. Is Ronan O Gara expected to curtsy the monarch this time?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:17 pm

mossbags wrote:As I have some time today I may actually tune in to this. I've been told this sport represents a cross between Ulster football and an egg and spoon race. Is Ronan O Gara expected to curtsy the monarch this time?

he may well do Suspect
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Ireland winning this. I fear their habit of throwing the ball backwards when in possession might hinder them in the long run though.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:34 pm

mossbags wrote:Ireland winning this. I fear their habit of throwing the ball backwards when in possession might hinder them in the long run though.

The accuracy of the foot passing also leaves a lot to be desired

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Ruanua wrote:
mossbags wrote:Ireland winning this. I fear their habit of throwing the ball backwards when in possession might hinder them in the long run though.

The accuracy of the foot passing also leaves a lot to be desired

England also at fault with the back-passing. Surely a tactical adjustment from either side in this regard would be the winning of this contest.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Brillant stuff by Ireland at the end. Brave defending and another touch of class from O'Gara! England vs. Ireland 654413

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 pm

superb by the end.

Not so sure about Sexton's goal kicking, he is however very good in play.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Brilliant finish to the game when under great pressure and without the man who usually rescues us in these situations, O'Driscoll, here's hoping he'll be alright after that considerable whack of O'Connell's knee. Superb finishing as ever from Emyvale's finest for the third try.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Brilliant win, dug out a win when in the past they would have lost. In fairness the kicks Sexton had weren't easy, two conversions in the corner.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:30 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Brilliant finish to the game when under great pressure and without the man who usually rescues us in these situations, O'Driscoll, here's hoping he'll be alright after that considerable whack of O'Connell's knee. Superb finishing as ever from Emyvale's finest for the third try.

Does anyone else think that if O'Driscoll or Earls had scored 2 tries there'd be a lot more talk about it?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:42 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Brilliant win, dug out a win when in the past they would have lost. In fairness the kicks Sexton had weren't easy, two conversions in the corner.

Agreed - and fair play to Monaghan's finest export - oooops what about Barry McG!!! Sexton had a fine game - two try scoring assists and some excellent kicking. His goal attempts were very difficult though I thought his run up for the long peno was too short!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:05 am

Sexton played the ball through for the try, and can tackle and create. He missed one difficult conversation, one 50/50 one, and a penalty from his pown half.

Jonny Wilkinson, maybe the best kicker ever, missed two easier ones which maybe tells us something.

O'Gara did what he was brought on to do, and Ferris is a beast.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:21 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mid-mon man wrote:Brilliant finish to the game when under great pressure and without the man who usually rescues us in these situations, O'Driscoll, here's hoping he'll be alright after that considerable whack of O'Connell's knee. Superb finishing as ever from Emyvale's finest for the third try.

Does anyone else think that if O'Driscoll or Earls had scored 2 tries there'd be a lot more talk about it?

In fairness Bowe has been in most of the headlines today so he's getting a fair amount of credit, thought he might have got MOTM though but Heaslip was great also. Might have been different a year ago, I actually remember debating with a few others little over a year ago on HS who thought Bowe should have been dropped for Earls for last years 6 Nations!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Ireland have arrived in world rugby....This result and the manner in which they won the game shows this team are on they're way up ..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:04 pm

at rugby league or that snobs game rugby union

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:20 am

mullins wrote:Ireland have arrived in world rugby....This result and the manner in which they won the game shows this team are on they're way up ..

World Rugby? Ah well not bad I suppose for the few countries that play it. England vs. Ireland Icon_mad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:53 am

mullins wrote:Ireland have arrived in world rugby....This result and the manner in which they won the game shows this team are on they're way up ..

Id've said it was a good result against a poor side who completely outplayed them.

For all the supposedly big names in it, the pack were battered by the English, and it was only the superior backs (Bowe, in particular) that got them out of trouble.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down