GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions League 09/10

+4
patrique
SamiPremier08
mid-mon man
Jayo Cluxton
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Champions League 09/10 Empty Champions League 09/10

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Celtic are shite

Back to top Go down

Champions League 09/10 Empty Re: Champions League 09/10

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:45 pm

How would you describe Liverpool?

Better than Celtic?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:48 pm

The standard of Celtic is just abysmal. I haven't seen Liverpool play this year but I would assume they are a lot better yes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 pm

They probably are. But being better than Celtic dosen't mean a lot.

ManU will win the Champions League again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Again in which way?

Liverpool could also win it again

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Again in which way?

Oh yeah Barcelona won it last year. Sorry. You don't miss much, do you?

Liverpool won't win it. Gerrard is the only decent player there. I like Gerrard.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:Again in which way?

Oh yeah Barcelona won it last year. Sorry. You don't miss much, do you?

Liverpool won't win it. Gerrard is the only decent player there. I like Gerrard.

How could you forget!! I like Torres as well and have a soft spot for Carragher too especially after I read his autobiography. The general mantra of which was 'I'm not English I am scouse'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:07 pm

No I don't like Torres. Bit of a ponce.

Does Yossi Benayoun play for the 'Pool still? I like him as well. And whatever happened to Luis Garcia? Jeez he was deadly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:No I don't like Torres. Bit of a ponce.

Does Yossi Benayoun play for the 'Pool still? I like him as well. And whatever happened to Luis Garcia? Jeez he was deadly.

Yes, he has really come into him self in the last 2 years the 4-4 CL game with Chelsea was probably the best I have ever seen him play, far better player than Babel in my opinion. They should get rid of Lucas waste of space, apart from a couple of wonder goals he has done little. Garcia went back to Spain, as he wanted to go back home to play he wanted to go to Athletico but I'm not sure where he ended up. I honestly think had Rafa kept Robbie Keane they would have won the league, the Pool were severely missing an attacker when he was sold and he was never replaced.

Torres isn't a ponce, the best player in the Premiership bar none. I also love Dirk Kuyt something wile loveable about him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:22 pm

Sorry Bright-Oak but Arshavin and Zhirkov would be better than Torres in my opinion.

They are the two best players in the Premiership.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Sorry Bright-Oak but Arshavin and Zhirkov would be better than Torres in my opinion.

They are the two best players in the Premiership.

Arsharvin has still a lot to do to be even mentioned in the same breath as Torres. In the Liverpool game he touched the ball 4 times and scored 4 goals however he was directly in front of the goals and was one on one with the keeper! He is supposed to be a Midfielder yet plays mostly as a striker, much in the way Ronaldo did mooching around the goal mouth. Don't get me wrong I think he is a great player but has to prove himself. As for Zhirkov, he has yet to make a mark on English football so cannot be included. The only player who come close to Torres is Drogba, but he is one of the hardest players to like for his on-field dramatics.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Russia are the new Brazil of world soccer. Arshavin and Zhirkov are a pleasure to watch. In fairness Torres is too. I like him when he's playing for Spain.

There's a lad playing for Spartak Moscow, Vladimir Bystrov, he is different class too!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:44 pm

I agree with you they are a different breed now, but then the likes of Babel who plays well in his native country finds it difficult to adapt to the English style of football. I agree with you Arsharvin looks good and at 28 he is at the prime of his life, he reminds me a lot of Stevie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Yeah hard to believe he is 28! I would have said he's about 22 maximum.

You don't like Babel a lot, do you? Why are you such a big Liverpool supporter? I could never get attached to a team like that, I just like a few individual players but could never actually support a team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:13 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Yeah hard to believe he is 28! I would have said he's about 22 maximum.

You don't like Babel a lot, do you? Why are you such a big Liverpool supporter? I could never get attached to a team like that, I just like a few individual players but could never actually support a team.

Because my Da and Brother support United so it was the natural instinct of mine to go against the grain. I generally like all things Liverpool though the city the people the accent and the team! I also think the people are so akin to the Irish. I have been to Anfield and all before and think that Liverpool has an incredible history. (I know others do as well, but I just see something different in it!) Plus, I hate Alex Ferguson with a vengeance and his bitter Liverpool bashings just make me like them more!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:38 am

Babel is a crock of s**t! And I am not at all convinced about Arshavin - at least in the Prem'ship - not yet anyway.....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:45 am

So at the root of it all BO you support Liverpool just to spite your Utd supporting family and because you dislike the Utd manager? Not exactly the best reasons?! Razz

Also wouldn't agree Torres is the best player in the league, possibly best striker but certainly not best overall player imo.

As far as the thread title goes, I reckon the CL trophy will be still be in Spain this time next year.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:55 am

mid-mon man wrote:
As far as the thread title goes, I reckon the CL trophy will be still be in Spain this time next year.

Aye MMM - but its not the winning - its the taking part! As long as the big guys make 100 million out of it thats the main thing. Lets spend the winter watching the natural order come to the top and see whiney b*****ds who earn 100g a week entertain us - eh? Pure sport ..........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:04 am

Aye JC, well that's what it's come to now I suppose, all about money. These qualifying rounds that are on at the minute are probably as important as most of the rest, simply because of the money at stake! That's just what it's come to now and you'll not see things like Celtic's local heroes again that was mentioned in another thread.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:39 pm

United lucky to get a 1-0 win tonight, the other team were all over them but shat themselves when through on goal, United need to improve severely if the make it to the later rounds. Rooney wasn't impressed being taken off! Berbatov is wan lazy ****!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Yes Berbatov is useless. Nani makes Aidan McGeady look like Pele, Valencia, who is this lad? Anderson hopeless and then Park gets the usual ten minutes to help sell a few jerseys in South Korea.

Michael Owen was a good buy but Berbatov/Nani/Valencia/Anderson/Park are terrible. They wouldn't make the Shamrock Rovers first team.

Arshavin will probably will win the whole thing by himself for Arsenal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Come on Loyal crawl out of his arse for a minute!lol Owen keeps looking dangerous but continually finds himself offside, United fans claim they don't miss Ronaldo...they do now!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Come on Loyal crawl out of his arse for a minute!lol Owen keeps looking dangerous but continually finds himself offside, United fans claim they don't miss Ronaldo...they do now!

Arshavin = Best Player in the World Oaksy. He is class. I agree United aren't the same anymore without Ronaldo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Another poor performance last night from a Premiership team, Dirk pulled them out of the fire again, Stevie G unlucky a couple of times. What the hell was Rafa at keeping that tube Lucas on the entire 90mins! He gave away possession more often than not! Johnson right idea in attacking but he is too greedy with the ball he could have set up a score at one stage but went for it himself. Torres form is worrying at present. Midfield is a serious problem, only another few weeks before Aqualani is fit and Lucas can kiss goodbye to a starting place. Babel looked dangerous when he came on but he just can't convert them.

Also, for Arsenal, Eduardo scoring the winner..it'd say the red tops are going clean mad about it the day!

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Liverpool blew any hopes of winning the league or much else when they sold Alonso. We sold the best passer of the ball in the world hoping to replace him with Gareth Barry (that failed) and replaced him instead with injury-prone Aquilani who isn't even fit to play. Unfortunately our team is as follows:

Reina
Carragher
Gerrard
Torres
Kuyt
Benayoun

There's nobody else of any high standard. Benitez's pathetic rotational policy doesn't work. Liverpool need to buy some English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh players and play football like they used to - the first step towards that is getting a new manager. Sorry Rafa but it's time to go.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next