GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry v Meath

+5
bocerty
bald eagle
FLANDERS
patrique
Jayo Cluxton
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kerry v Meath Empty Kerry v Meath

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Well who'd have thought it! Fair play to Meath. Yet again they have battled through the qualifiers in empty grounds on Saturday nights and will now enjoy a 40,000 support base as the Loyal faithful crawl out of everywhere.

But how lucky are Kerry? Drawing Dublin in the QF was probably the one that Jack O'C prayed for. And now? With no offence to Swinny Kerry may have been complacent against Mayo - but now - they have the chance to avenge the 2001 horrow show at the same stage against the Royals. No motivation needed whatsoever. A chance to put an eight year sore to rest. Can the Royals do it again though?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Kerry v Meath Empty Re: Kerry v Meath

Post  Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Can I just say on the subject of revenge:

In 2007, Tyrone came looking for 1996 revenge and were sent packing. The same with Mayo today. Kerry would be wise to forget about 2001.

Does anyone think there's a chance Kerry could bounce?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:58 pm

There is every chance that Kerry could revert to qualifier form. If they do Meath have a real chance. Don't think Kerry will let it happen now though.

With no offence to Meath or Cork - a Tyrone-Kerry final would be a fitting end to the decade and settle the big question once and for all...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:00 am

Agree with Jayo, Kerry will regress but should still beat a disjointed Meath side with some comfort.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:23 am

But how lucky are Kerry?

Some would call it luck, i would call it blatant cheating on the GAA's behalf giving them the easiest possible route to the final. (As i said they would after seeing the farce of a draw for last qualifying round). I did say Kerry and Tyrone would be kept apart so they can hype the s***e out of the final. I hope Meath beat Kerry and leave the GAA with egg on their faces. Cheating b*******s. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:54 pm

I hope Meath hammer them out of Croke Park I can't stand Kerry, I even like Tyrone more than I like Kerry.

Back to top Go down

Post  FLANDERS Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:28 pm

So youll be going for Meath in the prediction league then ;-)

FLANDERS
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Galway
Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:41 pm

FLANDERS wrote:So youll be going for Meath in the prediction league then ;-)

They wear green and gold whoever it is I choose Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  FLANDERS Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Always one step ahead!

FLANDERS
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:31 pm

The Championship Tipster is highly over-rated, the National League Tipster is the big one!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:36 pm

bald eagle wrote:The Championship Tipster is highly over-rated, the National League Tipster is the big one!!!

I agree Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  FLANDERS Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Nah the real tipsters are only blooding new tips in the league!

FLANDERS
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Well who'd have thought it! Fair play to Meath. Yet again they have battled through the qualifiers in empty grounds on Saturday nights and will now enjoy a 40,000 support base as the Loyal faithful crawl out of everywhere.

But how lucky are Kerry? Drawing Dublin in the QF was probably the one that Jack O'C prayed for. And now? With no offence to Swinny Kerry may have been complacent against Mayo - but now - they have the chance to avenge the 2001 horrow show at the same stage against the Royals. No motivation needed whatsoever. A chance to put an eight year sore to rest. Can the Royals do it again though?

its hard to know what way Meath will approach this game, are the already happy with their lot of making a semi like they were in 2007, do they really think they have any chance of beating Kerry, who will play nowhere near as good as they did against the Dubs.

Dara O' Se alluded to the fact that Meath was a better match for the Kingdom as they brought no baggage with them, i disagree. A proud footballing county like Kerry will still feel some degree of hurt from that match - 5 points in an All Ireland semi was woeful and they'll be trying to extract some payback for that from the game. If you were Jack O' Connor surely you would use that as some motivating factor in the lead up to the game.

Kerry will be hot favourites going into the game but thats a tag that rarely seems to bother the Kingdom in fact in most cases its the norm for them. However Brolly made a good point yesterday saying that Meath had actually arrived at this stage in the season more by accident than anything else, i think he referred to them as 'accidental tourists' and that in itself could be ominous in the outcome of the game.

When a team is free to play with no added pressure and go out with a gung ho sort of attitude they frequently play a lot better than many anticipate and Kerry will be wary of that. Sometimes teams get too caught up in tactics and game plans and that leads to alot of nerves - when players are free to express themselves without these shackles they can for that game look like the best players on the planet.

Pound for pound Kerry are better footballers - who on the Meath team is going to mark Gooch or Declan O' Sullivan - but that said i tihnk Kerry will be worried about the opposition. I expect it to be a right battle but i will be surprised if Kerry were to be beat.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Kerry v Meath Empty Meath v Kerry

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Although I tipped Kerry in Tipster (I can say because you have already cast your tipster vote) I think Meath will beat them or come close. Write Meath off at your peril.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Sorry I never seen this thread Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Well who'd have thought it! Fair play to Meath. Yet again they have battled through the qualifiers in empty grounds on Saturday nights and will now enjoy a 40,000 support base as the Loyal faithful crawl out of everywhere.

Come on you boys in green.

The North Circular Road won't have been this Kepaked up since the days of John McDermott and Boots McGuinness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:11 am

Meath will be punching above their weight today. Each of the games through the qualifiers got incrementally harder culminating with a Mayo win in the Quarters. Today though, they face one of the best teams of all time. The Meath full-back line are in for a rough time of it. Also three of the four goals Meath have conceded in this championship have been as a result of a dropping ball in the goalmouth area not dealt with by Paddy O'Rourke. He will need to be at his best today. Cormac McGuinness should be able to deal with Declan O'Sullivan but I'd worry about how we can stop Galvin, Gooch, Kennelly and Darren O'Sullivan. I'd love to see Cormac McGill in there as he is the best defender in Meath but injuries and a lack of fitness have prevented him from nailing down a first team place.

I can see us dominating midfield however but it can't take us the usual fifteen minutes to get a foothold there as Kerry could have built up an unassailable lead by that stage. All the Meath forwards need to be on form. Peader Byrne and Stephen Bray will have to defend from the front like their lives depended on it preventing Kerry from starting easy attacks and the ball into David Bray and Brian Farrell must be decent. Cian Ward can't afford to miss frees either. Joe Sheridan is as mercurial a player as you are ever likely to see. Hopefully he's on a going day.

You never know, if it rains, it would help Meath. It'll keep the scores down and make things scrappy wwhich would suit from out point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:15 am

An Mhí Abú

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 am

Bright-Oak wrote:An Mhí Abú

Oaksy, your support is worth at least 3-4 points to us, I reckon, Laughing !

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 am

Bright-Oak wrote:An Mhí Abú

How do you get fadas over the "i" and the "u"?

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:16 pm

Press alt and then the letter á é í ó ú
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Moyles should be shot. That said if O Rourke just stood still he'd have saved. **** penalty.
Awful start for the loyals but it should at least serve to concentrate their minds.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Bray off now injured. Just hit the post. Murpys law in practise here on Meaths behalf.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:47 pm

I dont know which is more of a disgrace, the state of the pitch or the standard of umpiring, both utterly abysmil.
Point there from Farrell, Mon to fook Meath
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Just one point for Meath after 23 mins is fairly desperate but their still well in this game. Their being pretty wasteful. 2 points now. Kerry are no great shakes
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next