GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Dyas

4 posters

Go down

Kevin Dyas Empty Kevin Dyas

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:40 pm

According to OC Kevin Dyas is returning home and will be back for the 2010 season. What a boost for Armagh, looks like we are going to have one hell of a defence next season and his professionalism from playing in Australia is going to make an excellent addition.

Andy Mallon, Brendan Donaghy, Paul McKeown
Aaron Kernan, Ciaran McKeever, Kevin Dyas.

Already looking forward to 2010, and even more so if Grimley becomes manager.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Kevin Dyas Empty Re: Kevin Dyas

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:50 pm

Our defence is superb, has been for a good while now. The problem still remains the half forwards, dont forget two of our half forwards against Monaghan's natural postitions is the half back line (Duffy and Vernon). We need a couple of top forwards to make the breakthrough this year, i think Stefan Forker could be one player who might help lessen the burden on Clarke and McDonnell. We need a couple of others. By the way i think if Dyas returns he will play at number 6.

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:58 pm

samin10 wrote:Our defence is superb, has been for a good while now. The problem still remains the half forwards, dont forget two of our half forwards against Monaghan's natural postitions is the half back line (Duffy and Vernon). We need a couple of top forwards to make the breakthrough this year, i think Stefan Forker could be one player who might help lessen the burden on Clarke and McDonnell. We need a couple of others. By the way i think if Dyas returns he will play at number 6.

Whats happened to Clarke's little bro? Is he coming back? Although it was a while ago have heard great things about him and one or two people reckon he is better than Ronan. Also have heard great things in regards to the minors attack so possibly pinch one or two of them for next season.

Indeed, our half forward line is a huge problem, and the tactics used in the Monaghan match killed Stevie and Ronan, I think Stevie only got a point in that game and thats never a good thing. Having them two playing is Problematic in itself especially with new players.

Another thing we are going to need is an in depth squad that can progress quickly - hopefully under Grimley.

Seriously doubt that Hearty will be on the panel next season. Two players I would love to see come back to the Armagh squad are Phillip Loughran and McKinney.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Clarkes younger brother left the panel because he was not getting enough football, i seen him come on as a sub in a couple of mckenna cup games earlier in the year and he did well every time. Currently no where near the standard of Ronan to be fair but probably should have got more of a chance (you can be sure that if Grimley takes the job he will be back on the panel and get a proper chance, McKinney may also). Hopefully Grimley gets the job, i honestly think there would be no bull or favouritism from him

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Lads in all honesty what hope is there of Grimley taking the job - none in my opinion. If big Joe is still calling the shots down there then Grimley wont accept any job with the shadow of Joe looming large on the horizon.

I think Kildare have a good chance of winning Leinster next year and Grimley i feel would be much too loyal to Geezer to walk away from that project now.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Grimley walked out on the Cavan job for the Armagh job, he has always wanted the Armagh job and hopefully always will and he hasnt ruled himself out of the running just yet.

If Grimley does take the job he will tell Joe where to go if he starts telling him how to play.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:36 pm

if kernan was calling the shots for the Armagh games this year then i would think after our performances he wont be doing it next year. For Grimley to get the job i think a few people are going to have to be upset for it to happen. If Kernan is one of them, so be it. It could get messy before its all over, but one thing i am certain of is Grimley is an Armagh man through and through and he is dying to be Armagh manager, he is also a proud man and if conditions are not right for him to take the job on his terms then he wont take it. Bocerty i do not know enough about the county board set-up to be able to say wether or not he would have the job on his terms. I certainly hope he gets it though.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:50 pm

samin10 wrote:if kernan was calling the shots for the Armagh games this year then i would think after our performances he wont be doing it next year. For Grimley to get the job i think a few people are going to have to be upset for it to happen. If Kernan is one of them, so be it. It could get messy before its all over, but one thing i am certain of is Grimley is an Armagh man through and through and he is dying to be Armagh manager, he is also a proud man and if conditions are not right for him to take the job on his terms then he wont take it. Bocerty i do not know enough about the county board set-up to be able to say wether or not he would have the job on his terms. I certainly hope he gets it though.

samin i dont know anything about county board setup either - just things i heard from a few Armagh guys as i said before, but i agree entirely with what you said about getting the job on his terms - there is going to have to be a fresh start before Armagh make any headway at all in the future and that will mean a few of the old school having to accept that they are doing more harm than good by staying in their current positions, i'd imagine Kernan has a lot of firends on the county board and they wont want to antagonise him too much but fo rthe sake of Armagh football they might jsut have to if they have any balls on them at all.

My other question would be would Grimley be happy enough to go solo and take the job on his own without Geezer going with him?
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:17 pm

bocerty wrote:
samin10 wrote:if kernan was calling the shots for the Armagh games this year then i would think after our performances he wont be doing it next year. For Grimley to get the job i think a few people are going to have to be upset for it to happen. If Kernan is one of them, so be it. It could get messy before its all over, but one thing i am certain of is Grimley is an Armagh man through and through and he is dying to be Armagh manager, he is also a proud man and if conditions are not right for him to take the job on his terms then he wont take it. Bocerty i do not know enough about the county board set-up to be able to say wether or not he would have the job on his terms. I certainly hope he gets it though.

samin i dont know anything about county board setup either - just things i heard from a few Armagh guys as i said before, but i agree entirely with what you said about getting the job on his terms - there is going to have to be a fresh start before Armagh make any headway at all in the future and that will mean a few of the old school having to accept that they are doing more harm than good by staying in their current positions, i'd imagine Kernan has a lot of firends on the county board and they wont want to antagonise him too much but fo rthe sake of Armagh football they might jsut have to if they have any balls on them at all.

My other question would be would Grimley be happy enough to go solo and take the job on his own without Geezer going with him?

Im not sure if this is true but have been told that Grimley was the tactical mastermind behind our recent success. You can see it with Kildare now - they are the new Armagh.

The county board has changed now and it wasnt the same CB that appointed McDonnell. Grimley should have got the job in the first place but didnt and one thing is for certain, Grimley dosent hang around and would have said at the beginning or same time as McGeeney that he wasn't interested.

Armagh is starting from scratch and I cant see anyone apart from McGeeney and/or Grimley saving Armagh football.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunit Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Remember seeing Dyas in an All-Ireland colleges final a few years ago playing for Abbey I think it was. Won it for them on his own nearly although he did kick an awful lot of wides. Any reason for his return?
Gunit
Gunit
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Gunit wrote:Remember seeing Dyas in an All-Ireland colleges final a few years ago playing for Abbey I think it was. Won it for them on his own nearly although he did kick an awful lot of wides. Any reason for his return?

Its not definite, but a lot of speculation on OC.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Is it not just the end of Dyas' rookie contract and he hasn't been offered a new one? He's been out there about 2 years now hasn't he?
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:08 am

He has been out there almost two years, he was supposed to have been flying and about to make his breakthrough when he got a terrible injury which slowed his progress.

Many players have told me that Grimley was indeed the main man in 2002, and he was the main reason for their success.

I think Grimley would take it without Geezer, i think he wasnts to be Armagh manager, at the time he went for it before his backroom staff were supposed to be Tony Scullion and James McCartan. How that line up didnt get it ahead of those who did is unbelievable.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Funny thing though lads, Grimley has been involved the club this year. Not a whole pile so far as you'd expect given Kildare's year but he'll be there alot more now I'm sure. I'll try to grill him regarding the Armagh position and report back to ye! Razz
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down