GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th.July..Leitrim v Longford... opinions.

4 posters

Go down

4th.July..Leitrim v Longford... opinions. Empty 4th.July..Leitrim v Longford... opinions.

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:22 pm

The gloom that has spread across the world by recent events (recessions etc.,) will be put on hold for a day or two as these two emerging forces meet in a dog eat dog clash on Sat. week with Lovely Leitrim hosting our good neighbours Longford.
In what is a winner take all meeting, this will, I believe, turn in favour of the host county.
Management should by now have learned from the mistakes of the past months and field a first 15 in their accustomed positions and thus allow our warriors fully express themselves.

Longford, however, are no backs of clocks and driven on by the passion of Glen Ryan, the skills of the likes of the Bardens, Kavanagh and Berry, will prove a handful I'm sure.
However, I'm confident that by that evening we'll be looking forward to a clash with some of the alleged aristocrats of the game. Kerry perhaps.... who can tell what will happen?
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

4th.July..Leitrim v Longford... opinions. Empty Re: 4th.July..Leitrim v Longford... opinions.

Post  Shinners Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Carrick is always worth a few points to Leitrim but Longford have a point to prove.
It could be a decent enough game but I think Longford may be 2 or 3 players better than Leitrim so I'm going for a Longford win. (hopefully)

You heading to it Boxty?
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

4th.July..Leitrim v Longford... opinions. Empty Re: 4th.July..Leitrim v Longford... opinions.

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Oh I'll be there all right Shinners. I'm going to need a bit of guile however to procure a 2 way radio contact with Mickey Moran who either ignored my loud instructions or failed to hear them properly the last day. (I'm sure it was the latter really)
That's the worst of a stand seat - you lose the ability to advise the Management as you're stuck in a stand seat and they might be positioned 30 yds away.
A little known fact is that for all his great years at the helm of counties, O'Dwyer paced the line relentlessly, always listening for the voice of a well positioned adviser in the crowd.
I might yet be the trump card in the Leitrim pack but I'll demand a radio at least..... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:30 pm

after reading the malarky that went on here last night Boxy are you entitled to an opinion in case you offend anyone. Can we use the word death with either longford or leitrim if the lose it might just send people over the edge god forgive us it we make a joke about the state of fooball in the loser.
Opinion a dangerous word to use these days surprised there wasn't calles for it to be removed from the thread title
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:46 pm

JimWexford wrote:after reading the malarky that went on here last night Boxy are you entitled to an opinion in case you offend anyone. Can we use the word death with either longford or leitrim if the lose it might just send people over the edge god forgive us it we make a joke about the state of fooball in the loser.
Opinion a dangerous word to use these days surprised there wasn't calles for it to be removed from the thread title

Freudian slip by me there Jim....... Laughing
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:21 pm

Allowing for the loss of our best forward Emlyn Mulligan for the year the Management team have selected 13 out of the best available 15 for tomorrows clash with Longford.
Boxty would have gone with Barry McWeeney before Gary Reynolds at 5 and Shane Foley's sister is getting married in Italy... cue:drunken:

Our 3 big matchwinners, Canning, Beirne and Maxwell are wrongly positioned IMO.
Beirne at 8, Canning at 11 and Maxwell at 14 is the way to overcome that emerging force that is the "new Longford"
All to play for with a chance to visit Killarney in the offing...
C'mon Leitrim..... jerry
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:23 pm

Commiserations Boxty! If I could shake your hand I would Very Happy
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Shinners wrote:Commiserations Boxty! If I could shake your hand I would Very Happy

Thanks Shinners. Funny I'm not as mad as I usually get after these reversals, not that I see any future for the hoors. What's the point of getting worked up when we can only kick 5 points in about 55 minutes?
We spilled possession too handily, took the wrong option if there was one available and got roasted at mid-field. That said, ye had a few players that we were unable to contain, Berry, Barden and Kavanagh all played well.
Well done to Longford, ye'll be a threat later on... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:30 pm

I'll just throw this old classic in here Shinners to make your day.
Actually MMM's crowd get a mention as well, so a double bonus.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:32 am

Kerry goal should never have counted. Walsh stopped the ball and touched it on the ground before he picked it up to score.

Longford threw this one away. too many stupid wides and dropping shots short. if Donaghy is out for a while or marked well in the next game then Kerry could be heading out of the All-Ireland very early this year. deffo cant see them getting past 1/4 finals
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down