GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monaghan V Derry - Qualifiers Round 2 July 11th

+4
RMDrive
Jayo Cluxton
clash-of-da-ash
mid-mon man
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Monaghan V Derry - Qualifiers Round 2 July 11th Empty Monaghan V Derry - Qualifiers Round 2 July 11th

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Monaghan vs Derry!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Monaghan V Derry - Qualifiers Round 2 July 11th Empty Re: Monaghan V Derry - Qualifiers Round 2 July 11th

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:18 pm

What a crowd of c**ts...
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Monaghan V Derry - Qualifiers Round 2 July 11th Empty Re: Monaghan V Derry - Qualifiers Round 2 July 11th

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:22 pm

They have to be taking the piss here. Here is the Match def in Clones as Derry's qualifier last year was away and there's a new rule in?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:25 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:They have to be taking the piss here. Here is the Match def in Clones as Derry's qualifier last year was away and there's a new rule in?

Clutching at straws, Oaksay. I'd say Clones definitely, my heart bleeds for you and MMM...........................................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Match of the round.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:They have to be taking the piss here. Here is the Match def in Clones as Derry's qualifier last year was away and there's a new rule in?

Clutching at straws, Oaksay. I'd say Clones definitely, my heart bleeds for you and MMM...........................................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Match of the round.

I'm still confident of back to back wins against Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:33 pm

I hope Derry win, then Meath vs Derry in Round 3.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:33 pm

As well you should be, especially considering you will have basically a full squad to pick from and our best player is still suspended...
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:47 pm

Its ironic that they are meeting in round 2 of the qualifiers. Razz
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:48 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Its ironic that they are meeting in round 2 of the qualifiers. Razz

Ding ding?lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:03 pm

I don't think the country is ready for this ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 pm

For all the expectation that this will be a not so pretty game, I'd guess that a lot of people will watch it never the less.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:37 pm

RMDrive wrote:For all the expectation that this will be a not so pretty game, I'd guess that a lot of people will watch it never the less.

Well I definitely won't - sorry!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:50 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
RMDrive wrote:For all the expectation that this will be a not so pretty game, I'd guess that a lot of people will watch it never the less.

Very good. Does this also mean that you are going to refrain from commenting on it too?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:33 am

RMDrive wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Very good. Does this also mean that you are going to refrain from commenting on it too?

And commenting on the analysis of it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:38 am

good luck derry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:49 am

samin10 wrote:good luck derry

Thanks Samin Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:
RMDrive wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

And commenting on the analysis of it?

Well if I don't see it I won't be commenting on it - but I think its the last thing the Chsmpionship, and both teams, needed.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Well if I don't see it I won't be commenting on it - but I think its the last thing the Chsmpionship, and both teams, needed.

Do you promise Jayo?

I agree with the second comment you have said though, surely there should be something in place to ensure in the first few rounds teams that have met in the Championship already cannot meet again. Whoever goes out will have played 3 games, and 2 of those will be against the same team!!! Hardly progress eh?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:09 pm

bald eagle wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Do you promise Jayo?

I agree with the second comment you have said though, surely there should be something in place to ensure in the first few rounds teams that have met in the Championship already cannot meet again. Whoever goes out will have played 3 games, and 2 of those will be against the same team!!! Hardly progress eh?

i thought that one of the rules of the qualifier draw was that you could not play a team you had already played in your own provincial championship................. No
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:12 pm

bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Do you promise Jayo?

i thought that one of the rules of the qualifier draw was that you could not play a team you had already played in your own provincial championship................. No

I'm sure they done away with it at the start of last year after they banned Division 4 teams from playing and just haven't re-issued it.............i may be wrong! Question

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:11 am

Paddy Bradley will begin on Sunday as a sub.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:31 pm

FAO Oaksey, Eagle, MMM
Just wondering would the negative publicity from the last day be having any effect on the respective teams outlooks going into what is for all intents and purposes a grudge re-match. I'd doubt very much the team management would give a flying two hoots about it and perhaps they'd be right, its all about winning after all, but maybe some supporters and local media would see a bigger picture and bearing in mind the dent in their reputations suffered by both counties after Round 1, some might be calling for a less spiteful approach and more emphasis on old fashioned things like sportsmanship?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:40 pm

Perhaps the forwards on both teams will get a wee bit more protection if they install proper umpires instead of four coffin dodger friends of the ref who are out for they day. The ref is also certain to nip all nastiness in the bud as early as possible. Think Fergal Doc will be more level headed this time. Can see Woods getting sent off for some reason he always plays on the edge and his card will be marked I'm sure after his altercation with Stevie Mc.

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:41 pm

mossbags wrote:FAO Oaksey, Eagle, MMM
Just wondering would the negative publicity from the last day be having any effect on the respective teams outlooks going into what is for all intents and purposes a grudge re-match. I'd doubt very much the team management would give a flying two hoots about it and perhaps they'd be right, its all about winning after all, but maybe some supporters and local media would see a bigger picture and bearing in mind the dent in their reputations suffered by both counties after Round 1, some might be calling for a less spiteful approach and more emphasis on old fashioned things like sportsmanship?

Indeed it will be very interesting to see if the whole episode has had any influence on the way the players conduct themselves on the pitch. I'd love to think so but I doubt it will happen.

BTW I'm waiting with baited breath for your vehement condemnation of the unsavoury incidents that marred the recent Galway club championship. Will I start the new thread or do you want to?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:44 pm

High Jinx RMD thats all, Club football at its best!
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next