GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kilkenny

+6
sportstime
bocerty
SamiPremier08
clash-of-da-ash
Jayo Cluxton
old98!
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

kilkenny Empty kilkenny

Post  old98! Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Honestly now is there anyone who believes they wont win the all ireland. had a tipp man telling us all yesterday that its tipp year they are building up slowly with kilkenny in there sights he was very confident of this??? i dont see it so seriously now is it a realistic prospect. What you think sami clash jayo do you give your counties a real hope
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford
Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

kilkenny Empty Re: kilkenny

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Anything now for Dublin is a bonus Old. I rate this Kilkenny team as the best I have ever seen - even from 2 years ago and they have just got better. A serious outfit. I can't see them stopped at all unless a lot of them have an off day - and this is sport - so while unlikely it ain't impossible!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:27 pm

It will on depend on who performs the best in the munster final. A good performance by Tipp in that and people will be talking them up but I reckon the long break wouldn't suit them the same way it didn't suit them last year. In my own opinion if Tipp were to meet Kilkenny in an All Ireland final I can't see them winning.

As for Galway, a tough draw against Clare was what we needed. If we get a few wins against top teams I reckon we will have the confidence and composure to beat the cats. I hope we get as far as the final and meet Kilkenny, some people would probably say thats wishful thinking but there is no doubt Galway are capable.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Here's a picture of Tommy Walsh from a Galway match a few years back.

kilkenny 10822210
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:56 pm

I reckon he did it to himself ......... Very Happy
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  old98! Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:57 pm

seen that in the paper over the weekend clash a fair picture. he deserves a few belts for what he dishes out constantly
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford
Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Galway can beat them and I'd like to think Tipp can too.

The thing with Tipperary is that they start games well and then become poor towards the end. What I notice with Kilkenny is that this seems to work the other way round, the Cats hit top form with 20 minutes to go and win it from there.

If Tipp put in a good 70-minute performance vs. Waterford and then (assuming they do not meet KK) another good performance in the semis they might beable to get close to the Cats like they did in the league.

To me it is a question of believe for Tipp, who have it in them to beat Kilkenny but may not believe it just yet. They need some pretty emphatic wins under their belt over good quality sides and they need to sort out the problem of disappearing mid-way through the second half. The key is not to be scared of Kilkenny and to believe in the quality of the Tipperary side.

I'd like to believe it. UP TIPP.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:02 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:What I notice with Kilkenny is that this seems to work the other way round, the Cats hit top form with 20 minutes to go and win it from there.

Don't agree Sammy - both the 2007 and 2008 All Ireland finals were over before 20 mins were gone.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:03 pm

Does anybody have the picture of him after he was sent off against Clare a few years ago?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:16 pm

Here is the team to beat Kilkenny:

Brennan

Vaughan/McInerney Cooney O'Grady

Markham Bugler Donnellan (Quinn if Mike Mc sees sense)

Boc Griffin

Carmody Barrett Ryan (superstar)

Gilly McMahon Clancy

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Here is the team to beat Kilkenny:

Brennan

Boc Griffin

Gilly McMahon Clancy

There must be some mistake because they are all from Clare. Was it Quinn or O'Grady who nearly took out Sheflins eye a few years ago?

kilkenny 14902610
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:29 pm

Gerry Quinn.

Clare are a physical side, maybe the only ones who can compete with Kilkenny in that department. Unfortunetely, the Cats play so much faster and have so much more skill than Clare that Clare would get well beaten by them today. Sunday did offer encouragment though, Clare aren't that bad.

They will take Galway in Ennis. (Sorry). Switching McMahon and Barrett will be a masterstroke, with Cooney back, you then have the choice of him or McInerney to mark you know who and Alan Markham playing just in front of his FB line. The extra game will do Clare the world of good too. Whatever the result, Clare-Galway games are always classics.

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:34 pm

I hope they won't be short of white paint in cusack park this year.

Loughnane lost that game for them in 2007, the players only found out who was playing in a huddle just before throw-in. I believe we can win but it won't be easy.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Here is the team to beat Kilkenny:

Brennan

Boc Griffin

Gilly McMahon Clancy

Loyal i see you have me in at midfield - thanks for the vote of confidence Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:01 am

old98! wrote:seen that in the paper over the weekend clash a fair picture. he deserves a few belts for what he dishes out constantly

i fully agree Old - some of the hits he dished out on Saturday night were disgraceful - should have been on the sideline looking in after 25 mins.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:43 am

If we get them at the semi final stage, we'll beat them.
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:03 am

no offence there sportstime but ye would not beat jelly down a slide!!! when it comes to kilkenny!!! Very Happy
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:24 am

rich dublin wrote:no offence there sportstime but ye would not beat jelly down a slide!!! when it comes to kilkenny!!! Very Happy

Right so, thats how we have 30 AI hurling final wins by not being able to beat jelly down a slide. And considering the winners from the last seven years have either been Cork or Kilkenny, its difficult to see anyone else joining them.

But my post seemed to go over your head. I said we'd beat them in the SEMI final if we met them. Not the final because if we meet them there, they'll kill us.

Semi final is different as Kilkenny have a game on 5th July against Dublin which I expect them to win. Their next game out ? 9th August.

Meanwhile Cork play Offaly on July 4th (hardest but best draw they could have got in Phase 1), and if they win that, its a game against Limerick / Galway / Wexford / Clare on July 18th. If we manage to win that, its an All Ireland quarter final on 25th / 26th July against either Dublin / Waterford / Tipp (KK won't lose Jayo).

And if we win that and the draw is favourable, its KK on 9th August.

So while they will be inactive and training, we will be playing much needed games (that we haven't played due to our own fault). If we do draw them in the semi's, we'll have had three hard, championship games to get there (assuming we do) which will improve our sharpness no end (missing against Tipp).

And we're got to try and catch them cold. Use that sharpness to worry them and run them like Tipp did in the League Final. Wouldn't work in an AI final as KK would have had the semi under their belts.

I sincerely believe though that if we get Kilkenny in the semi final, as outlined above, we'll beat them.

You heard it here first !
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:31 am

Can't agree with that. I think Kilkenny see themselves as the moral guardians of hurling and if there is one team that they would die rather than lose to - it's Cork.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:38 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Can't agree with that. I think Kilkenny see themselves as the moral guardians of hurling and if there is one team that they would die rather than lose to - it's Cork.

Kilkenny have never been afraid of Cork. The only team that Kilkenny have feared the last 100 years are Tipperary because Tipp combine skill and brute force and have bullied Kilkenny out of games more times than I care to remember.

If Cork had beaten Tipp a few weeks ago, I'd have put the house (what little its worth now) on Tipp winning the All Ireland.

As it is, because Kilkenny won't fear us if we meet, it will work to our advantage.
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:42 am

I am not saying they fear ye I am saying that all the striking and posturing and messing up competitions did not go down well in Kilkenny. Far from fear ye they would have an extra pep in their step cos the one team they would hate to lose to is Donal Og and friends.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:46 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I am not saying they fear ye I am saying that all the striking and posturing and messing up competitions did not go down well in Kilkenny. Far from fear ye they would have an extra pep in their step cos the one team they would hate to lose to is Donal Og and friends.

The only thing we messed up was our own preparation and our reputation. The league still went on with a Cork team though.

We'll see in early August anyway (or sooner if we lose !!)
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:47 pm

sportstime wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:I am not saying they fear ye I am saying that all the striking and posturing and messing up competitions did not go down well in Kilkenny. Far from fear ye they would have an extra pep in their step cos the one team they would hate to lose to is Donal Og and friends.

The only thing we messed up was our own preparation and our reputation. The league still went on with a Cork team though.

ye messed up far more than yer preparations, but anyway no point going into all that, kilkenny showd in the league what they think about all that an my very uneducated guess is that if ye meet in the championship something similar would happen. also you speak of all the all-irelands ye won in the past but thats it it is in the past at the moment you ahev a once great half back line( one of the best ever IMO) getting too slow with age and you havre a mid-filed that will not come near kilkennys, that was yer launch pad that ye build those all-irelands out of a few years ago that is not the case now so no i dont think you have a hope at the final, semi-final 1/4 final or anyother stage of coming within 8 points of kilkenny.

i would be the first to say im no great genius at hurling or footbal analysis but there is one thing i am certain of, as sure as the birds will fly in the sky, as certain as derry can not go a game without getting a player sent off, as certain as the tyrone players will barley have time to grow even alittle stubble this year, as certain as mayo would bottle any meeting with kerry as certain as the dubs will bottle any meeting with anyone outside leinster, as certain as meath are crap ( just wondering how many people i have insulted in that little sentence?) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil anyway i am that certain that kilkenny would beat ye with ease this year...... Very Happy
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Is Kevin Hartnett on the Cork panel?

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:52 pm

rich dublin wrote:
sportstime wrote:

ye messed up far more than yer preparations, but anyway no point going into all that, kilkenny showd in the league what they think about all that an my very uneducated guess is that if ye meet in the championship something similar would happen. also you speak of all the all-irelands ye won in the past but thats it it is in the past at the moment you ahev a once great half back line( one of the best ever IMO) getting too slow with age and you havre a mid-filed that will not come near kilkennys, that was yer launch pad that ye build those all-irelands out of a few years ago that is not the case now so no i dont think you have a hope at the final, semi-final 1/4 final or anyother stage of coming within 8 points of kilkenny.

i would be the first to say im no great genius at hurling or footbal analysis but there is one thing i am certain of, as sure as the birds will fly in the sky, as certain as derry can not go a game without getting a player sent off, as certain as the tyrone players will barley have time to grow even alittle stubble this year, as certain as mayo would bottle any meeting with kerry as certain as the dubs will bottle any meeting with anyone outside leinster, as certain as meath are crap ( just wondering how many people i have insulted in that little sentence?) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil anyway i am that certain that kilkenny would beat ye with ease this year...... Very Happy

Apart from our reputation (which I mentioned originally) what else did we mess up apart from preparation ?
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next