GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kilkenny V Tipperary:

+3
mossbags
bocerty
patrique
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kilkenny V Tipperary: Empty Kilkenny V Tipperary:

Post  patrique Sun May 03, 2009 8:31 pm

Well Tipp threw the kitchen sink at Kilkenny, and lost, twice having held an 8 point lead.

Tipp were really fired up and perhaps a bit over the top at times. However it was easy to see where Kilkenny's difficulty lay.

They struggled at mid field until Cha appeared and that sorted that out. However the half forward line found it difficult to win ball, especially from the puck out. This is why Comerford and Power are still needed for their height, and Larkin can win break down ball when those two are about.

Bring back Hicky to full back, move JJ to left half, get Hogan back at centre half, Cha and Lyng or Fennelly in the middle, and the team still look formidable.

Tipp played a great game, but I still think the game with Cork could go either way.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Kilkenny V Tipperary: Empty Re: Kilkenny V Tipperary:

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Indeed Pat, apparantly a great game. Unfortunetely, I was otherwise occupied today - matters taking place on the Rowley Mile - so I can't give my usual post match in depth analysis. Did the Times ensure you were seeing stars yesterday?

How good will Tipp be with a fully fit Eoin and Paul Kelly and Willie Ryan? I knew they had a game like today in them.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon May 04, 2009 2:45 pm

didnt see the match myself but by all accounts it had everything - and more importantly it will have given some of the other counties a bit of belief that Kilkenny are beatable which can only be good for the season ahead.

Last edited by bocerty on Mon May 04, 2009 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Scratch beneath the surface of Kilkennys league campaign and there ample reason to believe that they are indeed beatable in this years champo. They did the nation a favour by giving the Cork strikers the hammering of their lives but to read too much into that would be unwise in the extreme considering the preparation Cork would have had for that game.
KK have acknowledged themselves that their hammering of Tipp was a 'fluke' and their 11 point victory over an injury ravaged Galway is not quite as impressive as it looks once you take the fact that the Portumna and Cappy contingents were also missing from the Galway side that day.
KK were lucky to get wins against Limerick and Dublin and indeed lost to Waterford so their hardly as far ahead of the chasing pack as the general consensus appears to be and yesterdays game in Thurles ought to prove this.
Albeit Tipp were at home and had to resort to a very cynical level to get near to the Cats(not that their angels themselves), it was still a performance that suggests Kilkenny are not the odds on certs the bookies thing they are going into the Summer. Put Eoin Kelly and Conor o Mahony into Tipps team yesterday and I've no doubt they would have clinched it.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 04, 2009 5:14 pm

well what can we say after that?! Tipp can definately match the Cats and with a fit Eoin Kelly, Willie Ryan plus the other injurys it could be a different story!

watch out KK. UP THE PREMIER.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Kilkenny V Tipperary: Empty Kilkenny V Tipperary

Post  patrique Tue May 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Good point about Kelly and co missing for Tipp.

However if Kilkenny have Hickey, Cha, Lyng or Fennelly, and Power or Comerford on, JJ in his proper position, and Shefflin and Hogan on for the entire game, I still think they would see of Tipp.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue May 05, 2009 9:57 pm

patrique wrote:Good point about Kelly and co missing for Tipp.

However if Kilkenny have Hickey, Cha, Lyng or Fennelly, and Power or Comerford on, JJ in his proper position, and Shefflin and Hogan on for the entire game, I still think they would see of Tipp.

True Paddy. I think the hurling community at large is just glad that someone was able to step up to the CAts. I'm sure it's give more teams hope for the year ahead. For a while there it was looking like no one would be able to get near them at all.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 05, 2009 10:07 pm

it has certainly set up an interesting championship. what i think is good this year is that Kilkenny are no longer that much garuanteed a Leinster championship and a path to the AI semi final without having try like they had in previous years. Galway (maybe even Dublin!) may well be able to put up a strong challenge to KK in Leinster before the Munster teams even get a look in. Tipperary mustn't get complacent, whilst they think they can give KK a right good run to their money they also need to remember they need to beat Cork first then the other Munster teams. I think we will see a few suprises this year, Liam is by no means already won by the Cats in my opinion.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue May 05, 2009 10:51 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:it has certainly set up an interesting championship. what i think is good this year is that Kilkenny are no longer that much garuanteed a Leinster championship and a path to the AI semi final without having try like they had in previous years. Galway (maybe even Dublin!) may well be able to put up a strong challenge to KK in Leinster before the Munster teams even get a look in. Tipperary mustn't get complacent, whilst they think they can give KK a right good run to their money they also need to remember they need to beat Cork first then the other Munster teams. I think we will see a few suprises this year, Liam is by no means already won by the Cats in my opinion.

Again all I can say is Munster arrogance HOW MUCH DID THE BEST FROM THAT PROVIENCE GET BEATEN BY LAST YEAR.Put the cats in down there and they would still piss through. whilst Wexford are one of the so called powers we are on a level with Waterford, Tipp, Cork, Limerick & Clare for every 10 games we would win between 4-6, with the cats that figure is between 0-3 as it is with all other counties when they play the cats. Go back and hide in whatever make believe land you live in and come sept come out and talk sense all this leinster is only good now that galway are there, please look at last years and the previous years champ results especislly offalys and wexfords record against so called superior munster opposition .we really get beat out the gate NOT
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed May 06, 2009 8:00 am

Alright Jim, not trying to start an argument. I don't see how I said Munster teams were the best there - I was merely pointing out that TIPPERARY had to make sure they could beat the other teams in Munster - don't see what that has to do with Leinster! The other point I was trying to make is that IN MY OPINION Kilkenny always manage to get to the AI semis fairly effortlessly. This is not an insult to Leinster teams, or in anyway saying Munster is better, but Kilkenny often only have to play two fairly easy (by their standards) matche to get into a semi final. Wexford are a strong team, and they can give KK a game, but they will struggle to beat them just like any team would. There has been pretty much no contest for the Leinster title for a few years, and all i'm saying is the presence of Galway has opened it up more, which in turn will probably make Wexford stronger still.v
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed May 06, 2009 8:57 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:Alright Jim, not trying to start an argument. I don't see how I said Munster teams were the best there - I was merely pointing out that TIPPERARY had to make sure they could beat the other teams in Munster - don't see what that has to do with Leinster! The other point I was trying to make is that IN MY OPINION Kilkenny always manage to get to the AI semis fairly effortlessly. This is not an insult to Leinster teams, or in anyway saying Munster is better, but Kilkenny often only have to play two fairly easy (by their standards) matche to get into a semi final. Wexford are a strong team, and they can give KK a game, but they will struggle to beat them just like any team would. There has been pretty much no contest for the Leinster title for a few years, and all i'm saying is the presence of Galway has opened it up more, which in turn will probably make Wexford stronger still.v
winning Leinster before only gave you a 1/4 final apperance were they have to meet usually a munster team. it most be note Wexford have gotten to a good few 1/2 in latter years as well. I can see you points but the way you had written them made out that Leinster was nothing bar Kilkenny. Go over the last 20 odd years Leinster has produced 3 all Ireland winners (4 now Galway are in) Munster has only produced 3.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed May 06, 2009 4:14 pm

ok Jim, sorry if you misread my point, which initially was about Tipperary and Munster anyway. I just think Galway can help open up the Leinster championship a bit more, and maybe take away that predictable KK vs. Wexford final. I have nothing against Leinster, they are a great hurling province.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed May 06, 2009 5:09 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:ok Jim, sorry if you misread my point, which initially was about Tipperary and Munster anyway. I just think Galway can help open up the Leinster championship a bit more, and maybe take away that predictable KK vs. Wexford final. I have nothing against Leinster, they are a great hurling province.
it has certainly set up an interesting championship. what i think is good this year is that Kilkenny are no longer that much garuanteed a Leinster championship and a path to the AI semi final without having try like they had in previous years. Galway (maybe even Dublin!) may well be able to put up a strong challenge to KK in Leinster before the Munster teams even get a look in.

That to me is nothing about Tipp and Munster but about how "weak" Leinster is/was. I said I can see your point I didn't say I misread anything. If anything you may of implied things they way you wrote them, different kettle of fish-or can I use that statement to a landlocked county-a joke!!
But again no reply to the facts about leinster v munster over the last 20 odd years
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed May 06, 2009 5:16 pm

2 words why Leinster hurling will trollop Munster this year
Joe Canning
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed May 06, 2009 5:19 pm

mossbags wrote:2 words why Leinster hurling will trollop Munster this year
Joe Canning

Yes Leinster have shown they have the measure of Munster in Croke Park before a ball is pucked or kicked in the Championships!! cheers
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed May 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Tipperary mustn't get complacent, whilst they think they can give KK a right good run to their money they also need to remember they need to beat Cork first then the other Munster teams. I think we will see a few suprises this year, Liam is by no means already won by the Cats in my opinion.

no reply to your "Leinster vs. Munster" argument Jim because I quite frankly don't care - I have no reason to concern myself with who is better out of Leinster and Munster. Trying to pull me into some kind of ridiculous playground-style argument seems pretty pointless because we have nothing to argue about! All I'm saying is that Kilkenny had it easy in Leinster over the last maybe 3 years, which you can't really deny they did. Perhaps you shouldn't see that as an insult to your beloved Wexford, just as a mere statement of my opinion. If you want to get all statistical about it take a look at your provincial championship roll of honour:

2008 - Kilkenny
2007 - Kilkenny
2006 - Kilkenny
2005 - Kilkenny
2004 - Wexford
2003 - Kilkenny
2002 - Kilkenny
2001 - Kilkenny
2000 - Kilkenny
1999 - Kilkenny
1998 - Kilkenny

Kilkenny have had a pretty much gaurunteed Leinster championship for the last decade, except for one win for Wexford. The small point i made about KK in Leinster is valid, and all I'm saying is Galway might beable to even things up a bit. Not once did I say Wexford, Offaly, Laois and the rest are useless.

This was a discussion about 2009 championship hurling, not a We All Hate Leinster thread. I was not saying in any way Munster a better than Leinster, I don't see how you have managed to turn this thread into a debate about that.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed May 06, 2009 8:48 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:Tipperary mustn't get complacent, whilst they think they can give KK a right good run to their money they also need to remember they need to beat Cork first then the other Munster teams. I think we will see a few suprises this year, Liam is by no means already won by the Cats in my opinion.

no reply to your "Leinster vs. Munster" argument Jim because I quite frankly don't care - I have no reason to concern myself with who is better out of Leinster and Munster. Trying to pull me into some kind of ridiculous playground-style argument seems pretty pointless because we have nothing to argue about! All I'm saying is that Kilkenny had it easy in Leinster over the last maybe 3 years, which you can't really deny they did. Perhaps you shouldn't see that as an insult to your beloved Wexford, just as a mere statement of my opinion. If you want to get all statistical about it take a look at your provincial championship roll of honour:

2008 - Kilkenny
2007 - Kilkenny
2006 - Kilkenny
2005 - Kilkenny
2004 - Wexford
2003 - Kilkenny
2002 - Kilkenny
2001 - Kilkenny
2000 - Kilkenny
1999 - Kilkenny
1998 - Kilkenny

Kilkenny have had a pretty much gaurunteed Leinster championship for the last decade, except for one win for Wexford. The small point i made about KK in Leinster is valid, and all I'm saying is Galway might beable to even things up a bit. Not once did I say Wexford, Offaly, Laois and the rest are useless.

This was a discussion about 2009 championship hurling, not a We All Hate Leinster thread. I was not saying in any way Munster a better than Leinster, I don't see how you have managed to turn this thread into a debate about that.
I can safely say I never used the word hate in any reply. I merely pointed out that Leinsterd overall All Ireland record towards Munster in on a par never mentioned about provional championships, which you are correct KK have dominated. The point I was making is about the Munster arrogance that they are better. I said KK would dominate munster if thet were in it. To sum up Leinster have a team streets ahead of anyone in the country. Munster is a competitive championship because most of the teams are all on a par the same par as my "beloved" Wexford and Offaly and all i was pointing out was their recoord against munster teams is fairly good-Offaly's better than ours.
You should read the post from where I started replying it was about making dirt of all teams in Leinster and the champ will only be ok now that Galway are there and you mentioned the dubs as a pure afterthought. Galways record outside their own province is shocking 1 win in 10 years- please note this is the second time Galway have played in another province.
You are the one to have misread and honed in on another point, one of your own making not mine.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed May 06, 2009 9:06 pm

[quote="]JimWexford I can safely say I never used the word hate in any reply. I merely pointed out that Leinsterd overall All Ireland record towards Munster in on a par never mentioned about provional championships, which you are correct KK have dominated. The point I was making is about the Munster arrogance that they are better. I said KK would dominate munster if thet were in it. To sum up Leinster have a team streets ahead of anyone in the country. Munster is a competitive championship because most of the teams are all on a par the same par as my "beloved" Wexford and Offaly and all i was pointing out was their recoord against munster teams is fairly good-Offaly's better than ours.
You should read the post from where I started replying it was about making dirt of all teams in Leinster and the champ will only be ok now that Galway are there and you mentioned the dubs as a pure afterthought. Galways record outside their own province is shocking 1 win in 10 years- please note this is the second time Galway have played in another province.
You are the one to have misread and honed in on another point, one of your own making not mine.[/quote]

Leinster are a more sucessful province than Munster? Maybe, but does that make them better? Take Kilkenny out of the equation and where are you then? At least my point about KK dominance has been accepted, but i am being accused of being arrogant? now where has that come from? I did read the post from when you started replying and since you did start replying the discussion was focused on Kilkenny vs. Tipperary, this was the point where you brought in the 'Munster vs. Leinster' idea. Misreading to the highest degree i reckon.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu May 07, 2009 9:29 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:it has certainly set up an interesting championship. what i think is good this year is that Kilkenny are no longer that much garuanteed a Leinster championship and a path to the AI semi final without having try like they had in previous years. Galway (maybe even Dublin!) may well be able to put up a strong challenge to KK in Leinster before the Munster teams even get a look in. Tipperary mustn't get complacent, whilst they think they can give KK a right good run to their money they also need to remember they need to beat Cork first then the other Munster teams. I think we will see a few suprises this year, Liam is by no means already won by the Cats in my opinion.

The words -without having to try- what does that say you think or imply about those other Leinster teams. All I will say that it is easier, far easier to win Munster than Leinster because the Cats aren't in Munster . All you havr is 5 teams that re on par with the Offalyy's Dubs and WexfordBUT are streets behind the CATs. If the Cats where in Munster the would dominate it to
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu May 07, 2009 3:46 pm

You two need to get a room, seriously
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu May 07, 2009 5:08 pm

We have our own little chat room-isn't that what this is. Typical oul Galway fecker getting in the way, first ye barge into Leinster, when your way out on the west coast-only the cats between us and Tipp, now your getting in the way again and ner a cat in sight.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu May 07, 2009 10:34 pm

JimWexford wrote:We have our own little chat room-isn't that what this is. Typical oul Galway fecker getting in the way, first ye barge into Leinster, when your way out on the west coast-only the cats between us and Tipp, now your getting in the way again and ner a cat in sight.

Good man Jim - take no prisoners! Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu May 07, 2009 10:43 pm

yes Kilkenny would probably win if they were in Munster, but not as ridiculously easily as they win a Leinster championship nowadays. Tipperary ran them close in the NHL final, Cork would give them a game if they get themselves sorted, Waterford beat them in the league. Munster teams would give KK a challenge, whilst, I hate to say it, most counties in Munster do not. I know you'll insensed now Jim but I am just backing up my original point about Galway opening things up a little.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu May 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Ah Sami lad - lets forget the League and lets look at what Kilkenny have done to Munster opposition in the last two finals, also Cork in semi 2008 and Clare in 2006 semi - pastings all round!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu May 07, 2009 10:55 pm

no Jayo i'm not saying KK wouldnt beat the Munster teams. I'm saying that if KK were in Munster they'd have a harder job winning the provincial championship (even though they probably would) than they have for the last few years in Leinster. Read through myself and Jim's epic debate and see what it's all about cyclops
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next