GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kilkenny Football

+3
clash-of-da-ash
Jayo Cluxton
bald eagle
7 posters

Go down

Kilkenny Football Empty Kilkenny Football

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:42 pm

What is it with Kilkenny football? Week after week, is woe after woe, and no improvements whatsoever are being made! 0-02 was their total this weekend. Who were they playing? Clare! Hardly the footballing stronghold. No proper structures are in place for the nurturing of football in Kilkenny.

Obviously hurling takes first place in Kilkenny, but that's no reason to take the foot off the accelerator with football. Improvements need to be made, proper structures need to be introduced at underage level if Kilkenny have any hope of maybe scoring more than 2 points in a game.

For such a GAA-strong county, it's disheartening to see their football team in such a state.

Back to top Go down

Kilkenny Football Empty Re: Kilkenny Football

Post  bald eagle Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Just 5 years ago this fixture wouldn't have taken place as KK didn't field a Senior Football team. Progression moves in different guises, the very fact that KK are now playing inter-county football is a good thing.

The same thing could be said of the counties that have sides playing Hurling in Division 4 that get whipped every week, at least they play!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:12 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:Who were they playing? Clare! Hardly the footballing stronghold.

Current holders of the Munster Senior Football Club Championship ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:14 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:Who were they playing? Clare! Hardly the footballing stronghold.

But would they win the Munster Senior Football Championship? I'd group them with the Roscommons, Tipps etc. Weak counties, although with some potential.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Anyways leave Kilkenny alone - they are handy points in the Tipster ..........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:19 pm

I think Kilkenny are only fielding a senior football team so they get as much funding as possible from the GAA.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Anyways leave Kilkenny alone - they are handy points in the Tipster ..........

Very true.

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:20 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

But would they win the Munster Senior Football Championship? I'd group them with the Roscommons, Tipps etc. Weak counties, although with some potential.

Would many Irish counties win the Munster Senior Championship? Not forgetting that Kerry and Cork are in it and they have played each other in 2 out of the last 3 All Ireland Finals! Pretty disrespectful to Clare, they may not be the biggest force in football but certainly don't deserve to be called a weak county!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:32 pm

bald eagle wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Would many Irish counties win the Munster Senior Championship? Not forgetting that Kerry and Cork are in it and they have played each other in 2 out of the last 3 All Ireland Finals! Pretty disrespectful to Clare, they may not be the biggest force in football but certainly don't deserve to be called a weak county!

Ara BE, they're not the force ya seem to be making them out to be! They put up a good performance last week, expected performance this week. I realise it's the league, but really and truly I wouldn't regard them as 'strong.' They're strong in regards to Tipp, Waterford, Limerick, Roscommon etc. But in regards to Mayo, Kerry, Cork etc. they're miles off.

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:26 pm

Hmmm, just how am i making Clare out to be strong? Where did i say that?

I'm stating that they don't deserve to be tagged as weak and pointing out that the likes of Tyrone would struggle to win a Munster Championship (you asked if Clare would be good enough to win it). Do you only have 2 tiers of strength for county teams?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:47 pm

bald eagle wrote:Hmmm, just how am i making Clare out to be strong? Where did i say that?

I'm stating that they don't deserve to be tagged as weak and pointing out that the likes of Tyrone would struggle to win a Munster Championship (you asked if Clare would be good enough to win it). Do you only have 2 tiers of strength for county teams?

Apologies BE-I took it up the wrong way so, although I wasn't saying that you considered them as strong as the Kerrys and Corks etc. 'Shure that'd be madness! Laughing

Nope BE, I don't have 2 tiers of strength for county teams, just saying I would regard Clare as weak in comparison to Kerry, Mayo, Tír Eoghain etc. If I was to make out a list of the 32 best footballing counties, Clare would be in the early-mid 20s I'd say. Although they are making alot of progress in recent times!

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Clare aren't a bad team, neither are Tipperary for that matter.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:46 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:They're strong in regards to Tipp, Waterford, Limerick, Roscommon etc. But in regards to Mayo, Kerry, Cork etc. they're miles off.

Limerick will win Munster this year.
Ye've been told Kilkenny Football Icon_elephant
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:35 am

They never recovered from being cheated of an all Ireland by Tipperary, and then losing a semi to Antrim to compound matters.

Mind you, they have had ample revenge on both, but I suspect Antrim are the only county to have beaten Kilkenny in football and hurling semis.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:37 am

patrique wrote:They never recovered from being cheated of an all Ireland by Tipperary, and then losing a semi to Antrim to compound matters.

Mind you, they have had ample revenge on both, but I suspect Antrim are the only county to have beaten Kilkenny in football and hurling semis.
All I will say is you are wrong. ON BOTH COUNTS.
Ample counties have done both.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:53 am

patrique wrote:They never recovered from being cheated of an all Ireland by Tipperary, and then losing a semi to Antrim to compound matters.

Nonsense - Tyrone thrived on being cheated out of 1995 ........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:45 pm

JimWexford wrote:

All I will say is you are wrong. ON BOTH COUNTS.
Ample counties have done both.

I love pedantic posts. Love them.

Especially from Wexford, who I note are not one of the ample.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down