GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Typical Match Day

2 posters

Go down

Typical Match Day Empty Typical Match Day

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:35 pm

What would be your typical match day?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Typical Match Day Empty Re: Typical Match Day

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:43 pm

This would be my typical match day if I was going to Croke Park. Leave house at about 9am and bring all my hats and flags with me. Collect 2 other lads and then head up to the big smoke. Used to pass through Loughrea don't anymore. Stop at Enfield for a breakfast. Then onto Croke Park, blow the horn going through every town on the way. Park the car usually close to Barry's hotel and into the pub before the match. I dislike drinking before a match as it can make it difficult to see the ball so its orange juice for me. Then onto Croke Park. Croke Park have now banned air horns Crying or Very sad so I'll just have to shout. Where ever I go I always sit near lads who are mad for an argument.

After the match usually head for a quick pint before heading home. Quick stop in Ballinasloe for dinner and also to watch the Sunday Game. Home by about 12:30.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 pm

well for me it would be. hang the blue and gold flag out of the window facing the street in the morning, get the Tipp jersey on and head into town to get some food, haircut or whatever (usually getting curious glances at the jersey) and return home for lunch grab me hurley and a sliotar and head up to the park for a pre-match puck around. back home set up the laptop either by an armchair or in the garden, turn the sound up loud and listen to the game commentary on RTE.ie.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down