GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Reports

+3
GAA-Fan
rich dublin
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Match Reports Empty Match Reports

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Given Rich's quality description of Sligo's Connaught win and the excellent writing ability of a number of our posters I think a 'Match Report' thread would be good.

I assume most of us will be at our own county's and various other C'ship games during the summer. We could build up our own Championship match report which could possibly cover all games!! Impartial reporting would be good - if difficult - anyone interested?

(You could always bring a notebook and go down the dressing rooms after telling the Maor that you are a reporter for GAA Tipster!!!)
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Match Reports Empty Re: Match Reports

Post  rich dublin Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Given Rich's quality description of Sligo's Connaught win and the excellent writing ability of a number of our posters I think a 'Match Report' thread would be good.

I assume most of us will be at our own county's and various other C'ship games during the summer. We could build up our own Championship match report which could possibly cover all games!! Impartial reporting would be good - if difficult - anyone interested?

(You could always bring a notebook and go down the dressing rooms after telling the Maor that you are a reporter for GAA Tipster!!!)

Loving the idea there Jayo, i will be reporting for the sligo games anyway though not for rte, for a newspaper in new york, but i will def help out and put up a few. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:05 pm

It would also be better to place it in analysis Very Happy
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Given Rich's quality description of Sligo's Connaught win and the excellent writing ability of a number of our posters I think a 'Match Report' thread would be good.

just on this whole thing, a way we could do this is everyone who will be attending games during the year and wish to report, put there name here on the friday before the game..

on the monday moring have your report in..........

and what about at the end of the championship we put them in a e-book and mail it to all in gaatipster???? cheers cheers cheers cheers
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Jayo, could I be the Mayo reporter? I was always an A1 student in English in school-and was known for my knowledge in Mayo matters!!! Noel Connelly is my cousin, John O'Mahony is a family friend, John Maughan is my cousin, about half my family played for Mayo, won Hogan cup, got to minor finals for the county, etc. etc.-so I have have plenty of contacts!! If you want I can take the Galway post as well-I'm living there and I have my contacts!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:27 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Jayo, could I be the Mayo reporter? I was always an A1 student in English in school-and was known for my knowledge in Mayo matters!!! Noel Connelly is my cousin, John O'Mahony is a family friend, John Maughan is my cousin, about half my family played for Mayo, won Hogan cup, got to minor finals for the county, etc. etc.-so I have have plenty of contacts!! If you want I can take the Galway post as well-I'm living there and I have my contacts!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think LilMaighEo would be a better option.

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:02 pm

By the way, can anyone get a hold of any high profile players for the website?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Armagh02 wrote:By the way, can anyone get a hold of any high profile players for the website?

Ya but thet're from the Galway team so I don't want them on. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:33 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:
Armagh02 wrote:By the way, can anyone get a hold of any high profile players for the website?

Ya but thet're from the Galway team so I don't want them on. Very Happy

Cant blame ya!!!!!!!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

I think LilMaighEo would be a better option.

I don't know loyal. Esther may have certain reporting skills that Lil doesn't.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 pm

Six of one, half a dozen of the other, RMD.

Swinford is probably the best option of the Mayo contingent. I mean girls reporting on sport? Razz Don't make me laugh.

I think it would be kind of cute to let Esther or Lil do it but lets be honest, we won't be taking them too seriously!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Six of one, half a dozen of the other, RMD.

Swinford is probably the best option of the Mayo contingent. I mean girls reporting on sport? Razz Don't make me laugh.

I think it would be kind of cute to let Esther or Lil do it but lets be honest, we won't be taking them too seriously!

Loyal-you're a sexist pig! My being a girl doesn't reduce my reporting capabilities in the slightest. I know just as much on GAA matters as any man would(especially you, Loyal). Have a bit of respect Loyal-I have never said anything offensive to you at all on Gaatipster, yet you seem to have a real negative opinion formed on me-why is that Loyal, is it because I'm a girl?!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm only messing.

I don't have a negative opinion of you at all. I think you are a great poster like all posters on this website. I even think the female posters are better than the males ones. You may not be in the Holymoly bracket say, but then again, who is?

Keep up the good work, Esther. Don't mind me. What do I know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 pm

I don't see why more than one person can't report on the same match!! If we have one from each opposing side the truest report may well lie somewhere in the middle!! Shocked
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I don't see why more than one person can't report on the same match!! If we have one from each opposing side the truest report may well lie somewhere in the middle!! Shocked

Yeah, the more reports the better. We shouldn't exclude anything or anyone.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I'm only messing.

I don't have a negative opinion of you at all. I think you are a great poster like all posters on this website. I even think the female posters are better than the males ones. You may not be in the Holymoly bracket say, but then again, who is?

Well thank you Loyal! I think youre a great poster too!! I didnt mean it when i called ya a sexist pig-i should have left out the 'pig' part Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:39 pm

So am I forgiven?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:46 pm

RMDrive wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:I don't see why more than one person can't report on the same match!! If we have one from each opposing side the truest report may well lie somewhere in the middle!! Shocked

Laughing Laughing
Just saw your sig, cheeky git!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:46 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I'm only messing.

Well thank you Loyal! I think youre a great poster too!! I didnt mean it when i called ya a sexist pig-i should have left out the 'pig' part Razz

maybe the 'st' part as well?....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:So am I forgiven?

yep-i think our hostile relationship has turned a new corner Loyal!!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:52 pm

NiamhDerry wrote:
RMDrive wrote:

Laughing Laughing
Just saw your sig, cheeky git!

Been like that for a few days now Niamh. Especially for you of course.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Six of one, half a dozen of the other, RMD.

Cheers Loyal, im going to be reporting on some Mayo matches during the summer anyways. Connaught final and everything after that il definitely be reporting on for a newspaper so if ye want me to do it i dont mind but if the girls want to do it
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 pm

Laughing Laughing
Just saw your sig, cheeky git![/quote]

Eh, Cavan led, the rest just followed ( from TomSmiths) upcoming biography on Sky Sports. Smile
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Cheers Loyal, im going to be reporting on some Mayo matches during the summer anyways. Connaught final and everything after that il definitely be reporting on for a newspaper so if ye want me to do it i dont mind but if the girls want to do it[/quote]

Predictions as wild as this one will surely rule you out. Talk about counting chickens. Shocked
New York might bate yis' and your "everything after that" could take in trips to venues, well, Laughing "Far away from the land of the shamrock and heather".

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde slightly - "We might be lying in the gutter, but we're still looking at the stars".

Oh yes!! there is the small matter of Roscommon on May 31st. We can do it! yes we can....yes...

Mar focail scoir - Beannachtaí na Cásca libh go léir...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:50 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Cheers Loyal, im going to be reporting on some Mayo matches during the summer anyways. Connaught final and everything after that il definitely be reporting on for a newspaper so if ye want me to do it i dont mind but if the girls want to do it

Predictions as wild as this one will surely rule you out. Talk about counting chickens. Shocked
New York might bate yis' and your "everything after that" could take in trips to venues, well, Laughing "Far away from the land of the shamrock and heather".

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde slightly - "We might be lying in the gutter, but we're still looking at the stars".

Oh yes!! there is the small matter of Roscommon on May 31st. We can do it! yes we can....yes...

Mar focail scoir - Beannachtaí na Cásca libh go léir...[/quote]

i had meant that as in the date of the connaught final and afterwards...but then again Mayo will be in the connaught final so...
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down