GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Reports

+3
GAA-Fan
rich dublin
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Match Reports - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Reports

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:50 am

Swinford2009 wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Cheers Loyal, im going to be reporting on some Mayo matches during the summer anyways. Connaught final and everything after that il definitely be reporting on for a newspaper so if ye want me to do it i dont mind but if the girls want to do it

Predictions as wild as this one will surely rule you out. Talk about counting chickens. Shocked
New York might bate yis' and your "everything after that" could take in trips to venues, well, Laughing "Far away from the land of the shamrock and heather".

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde slightly - "We might be lying in the gutter, but we're still looking at the stars".

Oh yes!! there is the small matter of Roscommon on May 31st. We can do it! yes we can....yes...

Mar focail scoir - Beannachtaí na Cásca libh go léir...

i had meant that as in the date of the connaught final and afterwards...but then again Mayo will be in the connaught final so...[/quote]

Just to point out Swinford, and it's my own fault:

The words Loyal and cheers would not be in any phrase of mine.
While only having been to the Primary Cert. education wise, the oul' Masters in life has taught me a lot.

Verbal tosh I can smell, but written tosh makes me puke.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:15 pm

I have to say boxtyeater I have alot of respect for you. You stand up for what you believe in and youre not afraid to speak your mind!!! I like that! I look up to you as a fellow poster!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Loyal, the compliment I gave Boxtyeater was not in any way agreeing with him on what he said about you. I hope you know that-I just like the way he speaks his mind. I know you didnt say anything about what I said yet, but I hope you realise that I dont dislike you-okay?(even though you're a meathian Razz )

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Well done loyal for doing that-that was very mature of you

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:24 pm

very very good esther really well written
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:27 pm

rich dublin wrote:very very good esther really well written

Thanks so much Richy!!!! Very Happy flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifford Gael Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:57 pm

Would I be cynical in suggesting that with both counties needing a draw to guarantee first division status for next year that the result of this game was a fix??
Lifford Gael
Lifford Gael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Lifford Gael wrote:Would I be cynical in suggesting that with both counties needing a draw to guarantee first division status for next year that the result of this game was a fix??

yep you would be cynical!!!!Razz Both counties were trying their level best to win, I thought Mayo had it when they went 2 points up near the end, but tyrone caught them and it was a draw! Great display by Mayo in the 2nd half! Even if Mayo and Tyrone didnt draw, it wouldnt matter, they'd both stay up because of the Donegal result. So definetly not a fix.......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:05 pm

Puts the Seria A to shame......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Puts the Seria A to shame......

I never had a grá for the italian leagues, but after what happened there in 06, I just have no time for that shlop anymore.......

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifford Gael Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:35 am

Lifford Gael wrote:Would I be cynical in suggesting that with both counties needing a draw to guarantee first division status for next year that the result of this game was a fix??

yep you would be cynical!!!!Razz Both counties were trying their level best to win, I thought Mayo had it when they went 2 points up near the end, but tyrone caught them and it was a draw! Great display by Mayo in the 2nd half! Even if Mayo and Tyrone didnt draw, it wouldnt matter, they'd both stay up because of the Donegal result. So definetly not a fix.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But Esther, the Donegal game was played at the same time as the Tyrone v Mayo game - therefore the result of the Donegal game would not have been known to the Tyrone and Mayo players! Had Donegal won and with Dublin beating Westmeath, the losers of the Tyrone v Mayo game would have been relegated!! The plot thickens!!!
Lifford Gael
Lifford Gael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:47 am

Lifford Gael wrote:Lifford Gael wrote:Would I be cynical in suggesting that with both counties needing a draw to guarantee first division status for next year that the result of this game was a fix??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But Esther, the Donegal game was played at the same time as the Tyrone v Mayo game - therefore the result of the Donegal game would not have been known to the Tyrone and Mayo players! Had Donegal won and with Dublin beating Westmeath, the losers of the Tyrone v Mayo game would have been relegated!! The plot thickens!!!

Keiron Gallagher shouted out to McGarrity that donegal were losing(by 5 points at that stage). Word spread round the field.........

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2