GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy Keane Outburst

3 posters

Go down

Roy Keane Outburst Empty Roy Keane Outburst

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:21 pm

ROY Keane stepped into the shoes of two of football's finest coaches by delivering a vicious broadside at the failings of some of his former team-mates.

He immediately went for former Manchester United team-mates, claiming the likes of Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Bryan Robson and Paul Ince have done nothing during their respective times in management.

Asked a simple question -- why the Manchester United side of 1994 has produced so many top managers -- Keane replied: "Who are the good managers you are talking about? Sparky (Hughes) and Brucey have not won a trophy have they? They have potential, but you have the potential to be top journalists. Steve Bruce has had a good season, but Steve Bruce has been manager how many years?

Challenges

"Sparky has done a brilliant job at Blackburn, but is facing different challenges at Manchester City. We are all facing different challenges. Until an ex-team-mate of mine from 1994 goes on and really achieves something, then I would not agree with what you are saying about being a successful manager. You need a bit more than some of those managers have achieved yet."

Keane also lashed out at former Ireland striker-turned-media-pundit Tony Cascarino, who had suggested Keane's departure at Sunderland had made him unemployable.

"I am quite happy to comment on people's opinion in football I respect, but Tony Cascarino is a man I certainly do not respect, for a lot of reasons, and if I told you, you would be shocked," Keane said. "So the day I worry about Tony Cascarino will be a very sad day of my life. It is a very long story."

Keane hit back at Cascarino after he had said:

"For me, this is a high risk appointment as Roy has shown he has problems dealing with players and people in general.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Roy Keane Outburst Empty Re: Roy Keane Outburst

Post  Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Keane = Legend
Cascarino = Cockney Wide Boy Chancer who played for Ireland in the full knowledge he wasnt actually qualified and could have put everything we achieved in Jeporady.

One an Irish Heroic Legend, flawed but Brilliant

The other, a cockney chancer with more of an eye for the women than the ball.

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Why didnt Roy Keabe become an actor?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:45 pm

by accepting the Ipswich job is Keane not admitting that he hasnt got what it takes to be a premiership manager - certainly Hughes and Bruce have achieved more than Keane has.

I am surprised he took the job - i have a few mates one of who is friendly with a Sunderland director - he invited them over not that long ago for the weekend. Big Quinn met them all at the airport and acted as their chauffeur for the weekend. The stories they heard about Keane gob smacked them (i couldnt repat them on here for fear of causing trouble for the site)- needless to say he wasnt well liked at Sunderland and had become completely obsessive. So i am surprised he is back in management.

He was a great footballer but he is a bit too far up his own backside since he quit playing. I give him 2 years and he will be away from Ipswich too.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Hethen McCarthy-ites, the 2 of ye! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:52 pm

not at all Laim - far from it in fact - there was a time i was one of Keane's biggest fans but he has changed a lot since the time he left United.

He was no doubt a different class of footballer, but a bit of humility goes along way, since quitting football he has spent his whole time taking cheap shots at everyone who crosses his path. Thats ok if what your saying is accurate but what Keane says or at least what he is reported as saying is at times inaccurate.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down