GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rich Dublins Ultimate Goal

+4
SamiPremier08
mid-mon man
bocerty
rich dublin
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rich Dublins Ultimate Goal - Page 2 Empty Re: Rich Dublins Ultimate Goal

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:41 pm

He will but this was my great white hope. I had money put aside for this horse, I had literally been waiting for the 2nd of May to arrive since about February specifically for this race.

I am devasted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:43 pm

Going off topic here people.

Keep your eye on the thread and give Rich a bit of support!! cheers
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:26 pm

Best of Luck Rich - we'll all be rooting for ya cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:43 pm

Good luck Rich - ádh mór ort! Now remember to bring lots of water with you and eat lots of pasta the night before because that will give you a slow release of energy and won't have you completely tired in the middle of the race. Also bring a snickers with you - I know not the nicest chocolate with the nuts and everything - or a Mars bar but a snickers will probably be better for the race.
Whatever you do get a lot of sleep the night before. I don't want to hear of you having dosed off in the middle of the race!
Finally good luck Rich, I hope you know we're very proud of you and that you're saving lives. You're a hero Rich. GAAtipster's own hero! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:10 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:Good luck Rich - ádh mór ort! Now remember to bring lots of water with you and eat lots of pasta the night before because that will give you a slow release of energy and won't have you completely tired in the middle of the race. Also bring a snickers with you - I know not the nicest chocolate with the nuts and everything - or a Mars bar but a snickers will probably be better for the race.
Whatever you do get a lot of sleep the night before. I don't want to hear of you having dosed off in the middle of the race!
Finally good luck Rich, I hope you know we're very proud of you and that you're saving lives. You're a hero Rich. GAAtipster's own hero! Very Happy

Yeh Lil - now go online and put your hand in that deep pocket of yours - its all for the Wesht too!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
LilMaighEo wrote:Good luck Rich - ádh mór ort! Now remember to bring lots of water with you and eat lots of pasta the night before because that will give you a slow release of energy and won't have you completely tired in the middle of the race. Also bring a snickers with you - I know not the nicest chocolate with the nuts and everything - or a Mars bar but a snickers will probably be better for the race.

Yeh Lil - now go online and put your hand in that deep pocket of yours - its all for the Wesht too!!
I would but I'm a student! Razz Listen Rich, I'll send it to you when I get rich! Get it - when I get Rich! Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:26 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

I would but I'm a student! Razz Listen Rich, I'll send it to you when I get rich! Get it - when I get Rich! Razz Razz

Yis are the richest lot in the country. I work a turnstile sometimes and it never ceases to amaze me when the spotty students turn up asking if there is a student rate with a €50 in their paw - yeah, sez I - Double!

Introduce third level fees I say!! That'll keep them from drinking their brain cells away and running amok during rag week!! No free lunches!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:28 pm

I don't drink, so I don't deserve third level fees. I agree though that drinking has got out of control with students but it's no need to be going punishing them like that. What about students like me? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:30 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:I don't drink, so I don't deserve third level fees. I agree though that drinking has got out of control with students but it's no need to be going punishing them like that. What about students like me? Shocked

Well if you don't gargle your brains out then you must have loadsamoney - so cough up, collect your mortar board and scroll and get out there and help turn this ship around!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:56 pm

thank you all for the comments IT REALLY DOES HELP, i started this thread first and foremost because i wanted the comments for the book and i am really very thankfull for them,#

lads thanks to those who have donated but if you cant afford too dont worry about it dont feel bad i only put that bit in on the off chance people may have had a few ound if you dont dont worry about it, i am really just happy that i can do something for croi, and i am so thankfull to the people who have donated but please if you cant dont worry about it at all, the comments will be fine and i will make an e-copy of the book availible to you all.. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Good man Rich!

Sorry for putting the squeeze on people - old habits die hard!! Evil or Very Mad

I am trying to get over my time as a debt collector and slinging mums and kids on the street cos they owed €50 to the agency. Twisted Evil

NOW LESS OF YOUR SOB STORIES AND GIVE RICH YOUR DOSH ........ or else! ;jedi;
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:16 am

rich dublin wrote:thank you all for the comments IT REALLY DOES HELP, i started this thread first and foremost because i wanted the comments for the book and i am really very thankfull for them,#

lads thanks to those who have donated but if you cant afford too dont worry about it dont feel bad i only put that bit in on the off chance people may have had a few ound if you dont dont worry about it, i am really just happy that i can do something for croi, and i am so thankfull to the people who have donated but please if you cant dont worry about it at all, the comments will be fine and i will make an e-copy of the book availible to you all.. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Richy if i had the money i would donate it in a second-Anything for Richy!!! Very Happy But being a student i dont have much dosh, but ya never know, my weekly euromillions ticket might be the lucky one on Friday!!!! Until the however, níl pingín rua agam!!! Actually i'll just the under the couch cushions-I have a special sloping couch for all my friends-it's an investment!! Twisted Evil Sorry Richy Sad Also, i think what youre doing is absolutly inspiring and i have decided that I'll volunteer for croí over the Summer-I was thinking about it over the past few months, so once my exams are out of the way, I'll volunteer!!! Well done Richy-Maith an buachaill!!! Wink Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  oy2009 Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Well done Rich. Not long to go now. Myself and Allison have the donation made. Best of luck with it.

oy2009
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

ALL
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Well Rich - hope the legs stood up to the task and you are enjoying a few nice pints now - purely for rehydration purposes!

I see you raised €362.40 for Croí too - so well done sir - take a bow!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Wed May 06, 2009 12:04 am

hey everyone, sorry not been on in last few days only home from belfast now. well what a day i have desided to post you the entry from my blog so you all can get a sense of what this was like here it is. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Wed May 06, 2009 12:05 am

26.2 miles of painfull bliss 13 minutes ago

i started this whole journey in memory of one of the great men of his time, a man so positive, so energetic so encourging that death can never seperate him from us. in my heart and in my soul you will always be Tony.

well there i was at 8.59 am on a cold windy morning in belfast, waiting for the starters gun, Baz beside me waiting too and Pam just a reach away, BANG we are off, me and Baz went along together for a couple of miles and then he went away doing his thing me doing mine, the crouds where out but not too much as the 16000 or so people who entered where tearing up the Belfast roads, on and on i went now fully focusd, i-Pod blaring in my ear, mile after mile.

Pam was charged with the task of meeting me and Barry at mile 17 where we where to change our bottle- belts for a single bottle, as i was hitting mile 14 there was a long long hill up to mile 17, god it was hard, but, i knew at the top pam would be there waiting, smiling offering a little word of encouragment before i head for home. i dont know will you ever realise what that ment Baby but thank you so much, I love you.

After leaving pam there was a steep decline, and then into the park and along the M1 motor way, 2 miles of nothingness!!! no crouds, no talk just sounds of people running and heavey breathing, it was tough.

then SNAPP, my Hamstring went!!!!, every step was greated with a sharp pain shooting up my left leg, on i went. right foot, pain, right foot pain. it was agony. im not messing when i say it was my darkest hour. i got to a medical tent in serious pain and i got the leg rubbed and stuff put on it. I stepped out of the tent looked up pain still coming from the leg seen the mile sign, 21 miles, 5.2 to go.

Right then and there i had a massive choice to make, stop now get the leg looked after get a bus back to the finish or go on take the pain but finish the race. I asked, I asked for some help and like a phonix from the ashes something inside told me richie, YOU CAN QUIT ANYTIME, WHY QUIT NOW?.

on i went step after step my time was gone i did not care anymore how long it took me, just that i would get to that finish line, then as i turned a corner nearly at the finish line, Barry had come back for me,i ran for that line as hard as i could and accross the finish line.

at 9.00 am that morning i started out on the final leg of a journey by 1.39pm i realised the journey is only at the begining. as i came away from the finish i thanked Tony for the strengh to finish the race, he was there step by step with me.

i came out and to Pam, Alley, Dad, Jason, Dlyan, Ash, Margret, Ann, Brendon thank you so much for being there.

To all the people who gave me such support over the last 4 months i thank you, you all helped me get accross that line.

To Barry my trainer, my cus, my triaing partner but most importantly my friend, thank you.
i am so proud of Barry his first marathon and he finished in 426 place and in 3 hours and 36 mins, amazing job mate well done.

to everyone who sponsored me thank you it will all go to a great cause. to those who have yet to please do so now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

to Tony, my mentor, my Uncle and my Friend thank you for being there and helping me out once more to go the distance.

remmeber everyone THE PAIN IS TEMPORARY THE PRIDE LASTS FOREVER believe me when i say it does.

see you on the roads ( though not for a little while yet, too sore at the moment)
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed May 06, 2009 12:12 am

well done Rich and fair paly to you for keeping going after the hamstring went - that was a mammoth effort my friend well done.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Wed May 06, 2009 12:17 am

bocerty wrote:well done Rich and fair paly to you for keeping going after the hamstring went - that was a mammoth effort my friend well done.

cheers mate, really painfull there for a while though but its amazing what anyone can do when you have the right mindset. but god in Bits today Laughing Sad Laughing Sad Laughing Sad
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Wed May 06, 2009 12:29 am

Congrats Rich mate, a fantastic effort and great perseverance and determination to keep going through the pain barrier. Well done!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed May 06, 2009 8:46 am

rich dublin wrote:
i knew at the top pam would be there waiting, smiling offering a little word of encouragment before i head for home. i dont know will you ever realise what that ment Baby but thank you so much, I love you.

After leaving pam there was a steep decline

She gives you water, encouragement and a smile and then .... you leave her Rich!!! No wonder you went into steep decline.

Oh hold on - I see what you meant now .... sorry! Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Wed May 06, 2009 9:49 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
rich dublin wrote:
i knew at the top pam would be there waiting, smiling offering a little word of encouragment before i head for home. i dont know will you ever realise what that ment Baby but thank you so much, I love you.

After leaving pam there was a steep decline

She gives you water, encouragement and a smile and then .... you leave her Rich!!! No wonder you went into steep decline.

Oh hold on - I see what you meant now .... sorry! Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing behind every great man there is a great women Laughing Laughing
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2