GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will be Dublin's goal next year?

+5
Karl Collins
SamiPremier08
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
9 posters

Go down

What will be Dublin's goal next year? Empty What will be Dublin's goal next year?

Post  Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:52 am

Surely an All-Ireland is a step too far for this bunch of lads. They have shown they aren't up to it. Will they be content with a sixth Leinster? I would think they would as reality dawns on the players that they quite simply aren't good enough to mix it with the Meaths, the Kerrys and the Tyrones - well they mixed it with Kerry for all of forty seconds so maybe I shouldn't be too harsh on them.

May I also suggest that if they want some silverware on the national stage, they try and win the League. We all know teams like Meath, Kerry and Cork take it easy at that stage of the year so it might give the Dubs a chance against the likes of them.

Back to top Go down

What will be Dublin's goal next year? Empty Re: What will be Dublin's goal next year?

Post  RMDrive Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:04 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Surely an All-Ireland is a step too far for this bunch of lads. They have shown they aren't up to it. Will they be content with a sixth Leinster? I would think they would as reality dawns on the players that they quite simply aren't good enough to mix it with the Meaths, the Kerrys and the Tyrones - well they mixed it with Kerry for all of forty seconds so maybe I shouldn't be too harsh on them.

May I also suggest that if they want some silverware on the national stage, they try and win the League. We all know teams like Meath, Kerry and Cork take it easy at that stage of the year so it might give the Dubs a chance against the likes of them.

AFAIK their target this year was an AI final. I reckon it should be the same for this year.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

What will be Dublin's goal next year? Empty Re: What will be Dublin's goal next year?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:06 am

Should this be merged with the other sh1te the Regal one posts on his secret love team? Becoming a bit Groundhog Day here. At least its all hilarious anyway - sides are splitting most of the time ...... Rolling Eyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:22 am

Funny you should mention groundhog day Jayo in relation to Dublin footballers, they've been stuck on repeat mode for years now, win Leinster(with style and panache), then get beaten out the gate by a decent team. Personally if I was a Dub I'd stick to the small ball next year.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Dublin are going to score a goal?? Shocked
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Collins Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:09 pm

I would imagine it's to try an demulate The Artane Band and play on the pitch the last Sunday of September. Although i don't know if the football will be as entertaining as the T.A.B.
No bum notes will be expected if they are to do so.

Karl Collins
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Meath
Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:32 pm

alright gang, long time no speaky. i see some things haven't changed much, appart from loyal new derry badge???

would have to agree. not a hope of an all ireland with these lads . my goal would be to at least have a decent run to the quarters, and not get kicked out of the champo the way we have the past 2 years.
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Collins Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Do you reckon the Dubs might go out of Leinster "on purpose" and aim for a few tough back-door dog battles?.
Ciaran Whelan seemed to hint at this in his post kerry match interview in the the Irish Indo.

I think a few days out of Croke park and trip to tighter grounds might help them to get out of the comfort zone they have in HQ. Mind you the "Purse-minder" in the GAA will always make sure that the Dubs play in Croke Park due to the turn over they create.

2010 won't see Sam heading back to Dublin. The aim needs to be to get it going again at grass roots and get the minors and U21s winning. This will add to the conveyor belt needed for the seniors.

The last two all-ireland club champions have been Dubs and you wouldn't rule out a 3rd one this year. So it if it's right at club level are the right clubs been scouted for players?.
This team hit it's peak, so i reckon it will be a while yet.

Any truth that Shane Ryan has abscounded to the hurlers?

Karl Collins
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Meath
Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Shane Supple has said he will be challenging Cluxton for No.1 jersey
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:32 pm

We prob will go out of Leinster early alright - judging by our Kerry performance ... What will be Dublin's goal next year? Icon_razz

Haven't heard about Ryaner - bit late to be making the switch I'd have thought...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:36 pm

Keep beating Meath
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:02 am

last year I recommended losing to Meath and going thje easy route via the back door. Look were Meath ended up?

If the Dubs coulkd win a game against non Leinster opposition, be it Waterford, Antrim or Leitrim, I think they would gain confidence.

They are not the best side about, but then there is not too much out there to be afraid of.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:23 am

mossbags wrote:Funny you should mention groundhog day Jayo in relation to Dublin footballers, they've been stuck on repeat mode for years now, win Leinster(with style and panache), then get beaten out the gate by a decent team. Personally if I was a Dub I'd stick to the small ball next year.

Being a supporter doesn't just mean being there for the good times. You have to be there through thick and thin-that's what being a supporter is all about. It's amazing how many people are fair-weather supporters, and then once their team gathers pace, they jump on the bandwagon.

Dublin have a lot of problems to work through. They view the Leinster title as nothing, and are looking constantly at Sam Maguire. They lose sight of their priorities i.e. taking each game as it comes, and I think that's one of their major problems. Leinster being quite uncompetitive is no challenge for them really.

Another problem is the fact that they have too many individualistic players. They seem to forget that it's a team game, and each of them take the attitude 'each to his own.'

Lack of quality players is another issue, yet they have some great talent there with the like of the Brogans.

And of course, there is always huge expectations of Dublin each year. Not just from their supporters, but the Media as well. They blow Dublin out of proportion and this puts immense pressure on each of the players-that can't be good for them. Also, it benefits their opposition, because the focus is taken off them when the big game arrives, and they'll take mighty-good advantage of that.

Dublin have more problems but they'd be the few major ones. However, many teams have problems, some like Dublin's too. They can be improved on, and maybe Dublin will win an All-Ireland this year. That wouldn't be my bet, but Gilroy seems to have a level head on him, and I think that he's miles better than Caffrey. Maybe with a more stable manager, who can identify and FIX their problems, Dublin could end the 15 year famine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down