GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomás Ó'Sé

4 posters

Go down

Tomás Ó'Sé Empty Tomás Ó'Sé

Post  The Puke Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Has retired.

The greatest wing back in the modern era*

*or possibly any era for that matter
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Tomás Ó'Sé Empty Re: Tomás Ó'Sé

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:24 pm

In a family of legends, he stood out. The best of the clan.

Sean Murphy has long been regarded as the best ever right half back, but I struggle to believe that he could have been better than Tomas. At any rate, that is the company he is in.

Like everyone, Tomas had some less than great days (e.g. Ryan Mellon x 2) but, taking his career as a whole, he was immense for Kerry for 15 years.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:21 pm

A top notch performer, as evidenced by his selection on the best team of the past 25 years.
I had the feeling, watching him in the aftermath of the defeat to Dublin, that we'd seen the last of him as a player and so it transpired.
A tremendous servant, possessed of great athletecism, passion and no mean skills, he exemplified all that Kerry football is renowned for. In latter years he'd lost a yard or two of pace, but masked this with
endless forays down the wing to notch or create vital scores. He's managed 3-35 or thereabouts in championship football which speaks for itself.

He leaves big boots to fill in the Kerry jersey. Enjoy your retirement Tomás, well earned..

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:05 pm

I heard a radio interview with him the other day in the afternoon slot circa 16.00 hrs.and was pleasantly surprised at his performance. I'd the vague impression of he being a dog-rough, uncouth mad West Kerry man and I couldn't be further from the truth.

He lives in Douglas in Cork and teaches in Fermoy. It's a tough haul to Killarney and back for training, ne're mind heading back to West Kerry for club activities after a day of cosseting our brightest and finest Suspect 
Oh! He threw in the odd Paidi-esque "Jaysus Marty" and "Smart-arsed" but came across as a dead sound lad whose time will now be spent with his family before the doubtless next phase opens up.

Focail scoir: Yes, 5 Yerras that I caught, possibly 6. Nonetheless, a man to share pints with.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Pursuant to the retirement of Tomás, I see Noel O'Leary has hung up his boots at intercounty.
Will be remember fondly by Corkonians who despise Paul Galvin and a few others. Game, plucky but limited, management failed to reap the harvest the seedlings had promised.

He looks like a lad though that will be playing Junior when he's 50 and for that alone, tip of my cap....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I heard a radio interview with him the other day in the afternoon slot circa 16.00 hrs.and was pleasantly surprised at his performance. I'd the vague impression of he being a dog-rough, uncouth mad West Kerry man and I couldn't be further from the truth.

He lives in Douglas in Cork and teaches in Fermoy. It's a tough haul to Killarney and back for training, ne're mind heading back to West Kerry for club activities after a day of cosseting our brightest and finest Suspect 
Oh! He threw in the odd Paidi-esque "Jaysus Marty" and "Smart-arsed" but came across as a dead sound lad whose time will now be spent with his family before the doubtless next phase opens up.

Focail scoir: Yes, 5 Yerras that I caught, possibly 6. Nonetheless, a man to share pints with.
read an interview he gave to the Irish Indo a few weeks back (must look for it) as honest of the field as he was on it. Called Ricey a few choice names but had the courage to say that whilst he didnt like him on the field he tried to hate him of it too but on a trip to Oz with the Irish team he found it almost impossible to hate him!!!!!

One of the best to ever lace up a pair of boots and take to a Gaelic field - gave his all every time he wore the jersey no bullshit with him just honest bravery and no shortage of skill to go along with it
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down