GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fergie slams Rafa for being 'arrogant'

4 posters

Go down

Fergie slams Rafa for being 'arrogant' Empty Fergie slams Rafa for being 'arrogant'

Post  Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Have you ever seen a tagline with as much hyprocisy as that above??

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Fergie slams Rafa for being 'arrogant' Empty Re: Fergie slams Rafa for being 'arrogant'

Post  Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 pm

NiamhDerry wrote:Have you ever seen a tagline with as much hyprocisy as that above??

Laughing

What's that feckin gum-chewer comlaining about now???!! He gets on my flippin nerves....Mad

Back to top Go down

Fergie slams Rafa for being 'arrogant' Empty Re: Fergie slams Rafa for being 'arrogant'

Post  mid-mon man Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:22 pm

As I said elsewhere Niamh, Fergie knows exactly what he's at. Lets see who's laughing at the end of the season! Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:30 pm

My theory MMM...I might be wrong but!

Everton have a fair chance of beatin Man United on Sun, they have nothing else to play for they are safe in Uefa cup spot and it's the only silverware they can win, likewise Arsenal in the CL nothing else to play for safe in 4th place for champs league next year no fear of dropping out of top 4 or catching up with top 3. Theres more chance of Man United losing their final games than there is Liverpool as Liverpool have only th PL to play for.

Basically all 3 teams in the 3 comps opposing Man U play have nothing to play for but the competition they are in, Man U have to spread themselves across 3 competitions and as a result could end up empty handed. That Carling Cup victory could mean more to them than they thought at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:32 pm

There's a chance you might have read the above MMM...nothing wrong with recycling!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 pm

Valid points there Niamh, but I really don't see Utd taking their eye off the league. They may exit the FA cup to Everton, and the Champs League to Arsenal, but none of that is relevant to the Premiership. I just think Ferguson will be mad to win the league this year and especially won't want to lose it to Liverpool! He'll want to retire having overtaken Liverpool in the number of titles. Personally, the league is the most important thing for me, the others would be nice of course but the Premiership is the one to win this year, and Fergie knows it.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:51 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Valid points there Niamh, but I really don't see Utd taking their eye off the league. They may exit the FA cup to Everton, and the Champs League to Arsenal, but none of that is relevant to the Premiership. I just think Ferguson will be mad to win the league this year and especially won't want to lose it to Liverpool! He'll want to retire having overtaken Liverpool in the number of titles. Personally, the league is the most important thing for me, the others would be nice of course but the Premiership is the one to win this year, and Fergie knows it.

Well when they are juggling three balls they're going to drop at least one! You have to admit yourself over the last few games in all comps Man United haven't impressed, and had it not been for young Machena (or McKenna as we call him in our house! Wink)Liverpool would be 3points clear. you game in hand is against Pompey and you don't want to be going into that too sure of yourselves, as it looks now your forwards aren't interested, Rooney isn't producing the goods, doing alot of work but failing in front of goal Berbatov one of the laziest players in the PL and ronaldo only plays when he wants. Imo Tevez is the only forward who gives it 100% all the time and he isn't even owned by Man U!!

Fergie himself has said that he wants 2 more champs leagues before he goes, and back to backs would be extra special.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:02 am

Niamh i think you'll find if you check the stats that Berbatov covers more ground than any other united player during 90 mins - so to call him lazy is wide of the mark. United may not be playing well but there still up there at the top.

As for his comments about Rafa - fergie knows what he's at and how long will if be before benitez throws another Keegan-like wobbler.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Bocerty, regardless of stats, when playing the ball he is lazy and the majority of Man united don't dispute this,Berbatov rarely gets involved in the game these days and when he does he seems half harted. On the Man United team in my opinion Tevez and Rooney (as much as I despise him) are the two biggest work horses on the team. Even Berbatovs penalty today was lazy! Theres no point running 7km in a match if your not going to lay the ball.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:37 am

when playing the ball he is lazy -

what exactly does that mean - if someone passes a ball and it goes to a teammate what more can you ask for. If he runs 7k during a match when the majority of his team mates run less he can hardly be described as lazy.

Perhaps its just because he is a united player - if he played for some other team you'd probably not mention him. Though i am starting to notice a pattern here if its not an anti united post its some post aimed at Tyrone.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:22 am

Come on now Bocerty thats not true, i have been reading many boards and the majority of people who support Man United believe he is lazy. I don't have an anti-Tyrone or anti-united agenda sure I said before Wayne Rooney and Tevez are two of the biggest work horses in the game and Ronaldo when on form is possibly one of the best strikers he world. That's just my opinion on Berbatov.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:29 am

Getting back to the first point made, Fergies total hypocrisy came back to bite him in the as yesterday - he did not show Everton the respect they deserved by playing a second string team and they got beaten.
I think that the league is the number 1 priority - if he has the chance to equal Liverpool's amount of titles then he will do that before everything else.

I'd say at this stage he would give or take the champions league, he has won it twice in 10 years so history will be good to him on that front but until he has the same amount or more league titles as Liverpool, he will be second best where the league is concerned.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:04 am

Once I seen the Utd team I was thinking they'd be lucky to win, but to be fair the young lads did take it to extra-time, and probably should have snatched it in normal time with some of the chances.

Arrogance - I don't think so , as I said before it's more him resting key players ahead of a tough run-in. Only two players starting yesterday would make a full-strength Utd team, and they played as they've had time off recently due to injury and suspension. Utd have had a gruelling run of games and this was a perfect opportunity not only to rest players, but to give some of the young lads valuable big-game experience.

It's clear the FA Cup was the last of Fergie's worries, and yet he nearly nicked it. You could have said it was arrogance if that team went out and Everton soundly beat them 3-0 or something, but you couldn't call that arrogance. As I say, he was resting players. If Utd had been out of Europe and the title race then you could bet he would have had a full team out. But you can't do that with so many irons in the fire.

I'll not be losing sleep over it, and I very much doubt Ferguson will either. The Liverpool fans and ABU's will try to play it up as Utd continuing their "demise" but they've much bigger tests ahead which they're focusing on. Defensively they were solid, if you had even one of Rooney or Ronaldo playing, who knows? But it's not worth risking tired players when a Champions League semi and vital league games are coming thick and fast.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:28 am

I for one am glad that he rested the key players!! Laughing
I honestly think that if Fergie was asked which manager of Moyes, Benitez or Wenger would he prefer to lose to, he would say Moyes.
Fergie has always spoken of his huge respect for him and some heads even reckon that Moyes could be in with a shout when Fergie does hang up his gaffers jacket.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Shinners i dont think it was a lack of respect on Fergie's behalf - it was a case of looking at the bigger picture and obviously the FA cup was the least of his priorities. I would say he is glad this morning that he didnt paly some of his regulars, the last thing they needed was 120 minutes of football in those energy sapping conditions. United have 2 league games this week and they are way more important. The team united put out was hardly what you would call weak - its full of guys who would make most teams in the premierhip. Having said that Fergie will not be pleased to have been beaten.

I think Moyes done a Fergie on the ref though - his 'rant' about the ref was a master stroke in hindsight - i wonder if Moyes had said nothing before hand would the ref have given the penalty. I like Moyes i think he is a decent manager and was really turned Everton's fortunes around and here's hoping they beat Chelsea.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:53 pm

He has good reason to be arrogant.

Are Man U the Meath of the Premiership, i.e. comeback specalists?

Its all over now. Hard luck ye scousers and cockneys, United are kings.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:He has good reason to be arrogant.

Are Man U the Meath of the Premiership, i.e. comeback specalists?

Its all over now. Hard luck ye scousers and cockneys, United are kings.

Well said Loyal! Very Happy

The scousers will no doubt live in hope, but the cockneys are long gone.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:04 am

MMM:

Should we start singing:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:06 am

A touch early Loyal! Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 am

That song is dedicated to one of the greatest United players ever.

Ole Gunner Solksjaer!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:21 am

To co-incide with United capturing another Premiership (or as good as), I have decided to post my best Man U team of the last 15 years:

Goals: Peter Schimichael

RB: Gary Neville
CH: David May
CH: Nemanja Vidic
LB: Denis Irwin

RM: David Beckham
CM: Roy Keane
CM: Paul Scholes
LM: Ryan Giggs

S: Teddy Sheringham
S: Ole Gunner Solksjaer

Honourable mentions: Edwin Van Der Sar, Nicky Butt, Gary Pallister, Christiano Ronaldo, Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Wayne Rooney, Jaap Stam, Gabriel Heinze, Patrice Evra, Juan Sebastian Veron, Ruud Van Nistlerooy and Phil Neville.

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:23 am

Are ya watchin, are ya watchin
are ya watchin merseyside,
are ya watchin merseyside.

Also good to see Alex Ferguson's son Darren getting his Peterborough team promoted to the Championship.

AFC Wimbledon have also been promoted to the conference. What a climb, they were only founded in 2002. They started in the 9th tier and are now in the 5th.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:31 am

Here is mine:

GK Peter Schmeichel

RB Gary Neville
CB Jaap Stam
CB Rio Ferdinand
LB Dennis Irwin

RM Cristiano Ronaldo
CM Paul Scholes
CM Roy Keane
LM Ryan Giggs

ST Eric Cantona
ST Wayne Rooney

subs: VD Sar, Nemanja Vidic, Andy Cole, Ole G Solskjaer, David Beckham, RV Nistelrooy, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:35 am

What? How can you leave out Solksjaer, Clash?

What 'bout Solksjaer?
My only Solksjaer!
You make us happy when skies are grey,
'Cos when its pouring,
You just keep scoring,
Please don't take our Solksjaer away!

And Becks and Teddy?

David Beckham is one of the all time greats.

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:42 am

Beckham was good but Ronaldo is better. 90 goals in 3 seasons for a winger is some going. Solskjaer was good but was usally a sub most of the time. Cantona is one of the main reasons for Man Utd's revival and Wayne Rooney is a joy to watch he movement and work off the ball is brilliant.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down