GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone v Donegal - USFC Semi Final

+9
bluearmy1
OMAR
patsymc
bald eagle
Parouisa
bocerty
The Puke
redhandman
Thomas Clarke
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tyrone v Donegal - USFC Semi Final - Page 3 Empty Re: Tyrone v Donegal - USFC Semi Final

Post  bluearmy1 Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:37 pm

The heading "Tactics not Passion" says it all. If this type of football is to prevail, Gaelic football is becoming a cold sterile sport, and not the passionate game I grew up loving.
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Tyrone v Donegal - USFC Semi Final - Page 3 Empty Re: Tyrone v Donegal - USFC Semi Final

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:06 pm

There are supporters of both camps on this forum, so I'm resisting the urge to pour scorn on yesterdays spectacle.

I find this type of football insufferable. Granted, I suppose people of my generation find change difficult, the game is "modernising" and all that, but, while settling ourselves in nicely for the evening, even Herself expressed a distaste for the fare.

Very little from it will last beyond Wednesday in the memory, save my little opinion that had Mickey Harte introduced McGuigan 10 minutes earlier the result may have been different.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:02 pm

emmetryan wrote:I've put together a tactical analysis piece on this for anyone interested [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

An excellent article Emmet, and I'm disappointed to not have previously discovered your blog. There is a clear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] feel to your style, and I mean that as a compliment. Zonalmarking has the little tactics graphics that I've been asking for on here for the last 2 years, as they would much more easily allow people to illustrate their points (hint, hint GF - anything we can do about this now, 2 years on?!).

Emmet - while no doubt you are busy with your own site, I hope that you'll be at least an occasional contributor here.

GF/RMD - this is the way forward, supported by tactics graphics and podcasts!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks lads. Regarding the graphs, I'd love to know how ZM does them so fast. They take as long again as an article for me to do which is why I haven't used them yet.

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:35 pm

emmetryan wrote:Thanks lads. Regarding the graphs, I'd love to know how ZM does them so fast. They take as long again as an article for me to do which is why I haven't used them yet.

I tried doing something on Excel to post on here a couple of years ago, but the formatting didn't come across well when I tried to add arrows to indicate movement. (Also, it didn't look anything like as well as what ZM have.) I wonder did they develop the graphics, or have the bought them from somewhere. It really does add to their articles.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:19 pm

I've done a few in Inkscape but yikes they take a while. Mapping where players are on a GAA pitch is also more difficult than Soccer. If I'm at a game in a press box I'll draw it live on a pad and then try to transfer. Not so easy off the telly or in the stands.

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
emmetryan wrote:I've put together a tactical analysis piece on this for anyone interested [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

An excellent article Emmet, and I'm disappointed to not have previously discovered your blog. There is a clear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] feel to your style, and I mean that as a compliment. Zonalmarking has the little tactics graphics that I've been asking for on here for the last 2 years, as they would much more easily allow people to illustrate their points (hint, hint GF - anything we can do about this now, 2 years on?!).

Emmet - while no doubt you are busy with your own site, I hope that you'll be at least an occasional contributor here.

You want a tactics board TC? I could look into it.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:32 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

You want a tactics board TC? I could look into it.

Yes please GF. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] website have graphics that would be superb if they could be modified for football/hurling. I tried doing something basic on Excel before, but the arrows didn't come across in the formatting when I tried to add it. I think it would be a great aid to some of us when making points about line-ups and tactics.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3