GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USFC - Semi-Final - Armagh vs Derry 19.06.11

+9
RMDrive
bocerty
patrique
Thomas Clarke
samin12
mugsys_barber
Jayo Cluxton
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA-Fan
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

USFC - Semi-Final - Armagh vs Derry 19.06.11 Empty USFC - Semi-Final - Armagh vs Derry 19.06.11

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Armagh's performance against Down was exceptional but without their being any consistency this year it is impossible to tell who will turn up on the 19th. However, Jamie should cause a lot of problems for Derry's defence as to McDonnell. Going by the performance against Down we seem to have found a half forward line also.

While I have not seen Derry play this year, they have been more consistent throughout the NFL. While they comfortably beat Fermanagh, the result is not a decent reflection on how good/bad Derry actually are.

Hopefully it will be nothing like last years preliminary game between the two teams last year.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

USFC - Semi-Final - Armagh vs Derry 19.06.11 Empty Re: USFC - Semi-Final - Armagh vs Derry 19.06.11

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:33 pm

I think Derry will win.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

USFC - Semi-Final - Armagh vs Derry 19.06.11 Empty Re: USFC - Semi-Final - Armagh vs Derry 19.06.11

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Armagh for me - Down game will have brought them on a ton and they have guys up front who know where the posts are.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Hate Derry
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:54 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Hate Derry

Hey Mugsy - less of the constructive criticism and analysis please ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 am

Dont think Armagh will be able to match the way they played against Down, its a one time championship performance for them and I think they will revert back to ***** football even though they have proven they can play it just as well as any of the other teams. Expect a boring game against Derry.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 pm

The Derry forwards also know where the posts are Jayo. They will score more and win.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:02 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Dont think Armagh will be able to match the way they played against Down, its a one time championship performance for them and I think they will revert back to ***** football even though they have proven they can play it just as well as any of the other teams. Expect a boring game against Derry.

Armagh to win by 4 or 5. Dont expect it to be as free flowing or as easy to watch as the Armagh and Down game but i expect an easy enough win. I think we are slightly better than both Down and Derry but none of us world beaters. Cork and Kerry top 2. Dublin, Kildare and Tyrone in the next tier with Armagh behind these but slightly ahead of the rest. Tyrone to beat Armagh in Ulster final (narrowly)

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh
Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm

samin12 wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Dont think Armagh will be able to match the way they played against Down, its a one time championship performance for them and I think they will revert back to ***** football even though they have proven they can play it just as well as any of the other teams. Expect a boring game against Derry.

Armagh to win by 4 or 5. Dont expect it to be as free flowing or as easy to watch as the Armagh and Down game but i expect an easy enough win. I think we are slightly better than both Down and Derry but none of us world beaters. Cork and Kerry top 2. Dublin, Kildare and Tyrone in the next tier with Armagh behind these but slightly ahead of the rest. Tyrone to beat Armagh in Ulster final (narrowly)

Still have not watched the Tyrone and Monaghan game, but going by the scoreline I would now say that every team in Ulster bar Antrim, fermanagh and Cavan - all teams are even. Im not sure where I would place Tyrone in All Ireland contention but they wouldnt be any further ahead than the 4 top teams in Ulster - they may still have the class players in Cavanagh etc but they arent the same. Armagh hopefully can put an end to this team in transition bollocks, tbh im getting sick of hearing that must be the longest transition ever. With Armagh I think it is just about putting everything into place. Donegal have been impressive especially after the two hammerings they recieved from Armagh last year. If Armagh can play with some fluency and confidence I would be quietly confident about us winning. If Donegal get past Cavan then Tyrone and Donegal will be an interesting game.

If it was an Armagh and Tyrone final I would expect a similiar type if not a much better performance that Armagh produced against Down.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:25 pm

I think Tyrone will improve alot for the Monaghan game. Harte will not want them peaking this soon, from what i seen of the game Tyrone seemed to take the foot of the gas and also missed a penalty. For me anyway, untill Tyrone are knoced out of Ulster championship they are still top dogs in Ulster and are going for three in a row. Said all the time that Down overachieved big time last year and i really fancied our chances against them. Derry and Monaghan are ok. Donegal could be the dark horses in Ulster as you say but i think it will be an Armagh and Tyrone final, 13th year of sharing Ulster title.

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:37 pm

samin12 wrote:I think Tyrone will improve alot for the Monaghan game. Harte will not want them peaking this soon, from what i seen of the game Tyrone seemed to take the foot of the gas and also missed a penalty. For me anyway, untill Tyrone are knoced out of Ulster championship they are still top dogs in Ulster and are going for three in a row. Said all the time that Down overachieved big time last year and i really fancied our chances against them. Derry and Monaghan are ok. Donegal could be the dark horses in Ulster as you say but i think it will be an Armagh and Tyrone final, 13th year of sharing Ulster title.

While they didnt only just win against Monaghan, Monaghan were still within a kick of the ball of winning the game and with a man short. Donegal are going to be up for playing Tyrone and id say they would have some confidence playing them especially after beating Tyrone in the league. However Tyrone shouldn't be written off they still have class players and all they need is for them to click and it will be bye bye Donegal. Tyrone dont have the element of suprise anymore they have used this card way too often. No matter who comes out of Ulster I dont think they will be strong enough for the likes of Dublin, Cork and Kildare.

I agree with Down being a flash in the pan, once Marty Clarke goes Down are going to take a back seat. The draw fell favourably for them last year and got some lucky decisions.

Would rank the teams left as...

Tyrone
Armagh
Donegal
Derry
Cavan

Last edited by GAA-Fan on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:39 pm

GAA-Fan wrote: Tyrone dont have the element of suprise anymore they have used this card way too often.

And this is an argument for saying that we will lose to Donegal/Cavan? I'm pretty sure that we haven't had the element of surprise for 10 years now, but still coped quite well without it.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote: Tyrone dont have the element of suprise anymore they have used this card way too often.

And this is an argument for saying that we will lose to Donegal/Cavan? I'm pretty sure that we haven't had the element of surprise for 10 years now, but still coped quite well without it.

Not using it as an argument for Tyrone losing. I dont think Tyrone will have time to peak like they have had in previous years because teams like Donegal and Derry are now well capable of beating both Armagh and Tyrone. Its either because Tyrone have declined or Ulster has got stronger - Personally I would be more inclined to go with the former. Thats the argument for Tyrone possibly losing to Donegal.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Derry will beat Armagh and then beat Tyrone.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Derry will beat Armagh and then beat Tyrone.

i am more confident than ever after reading this. Loyal tipping a team to win is normally the kiss of death for them. Same goes for horses and every other sport Rolling Eyes

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:03 am

Derry look likely to be without Gerard O'Kane in Sunday's Ulster SFC semi-final against Armagh but Barry McGoldrick could return to the side.

Defender O'Kane sustained a thigh injury in a recent club game and manager John Brennan says the Glenullin man is a "major doubt".

McGoldrick missed the win over Fermanagh because of injury but is back in contention for Sunday's game.

Lee Moore is another Derry fitness doubt because of a thigh injury.

Must be advantage to Armagh with all the injury uncertainty in the Derry camp.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:01 pm

Who would the Tyrone and Donegal posters prefer to meet in the final?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm guessing Tyrone would prefer Derry while Donegal would prefer Armagh!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:51 pm

I think Derry might win this, if they can turn up.

But Donegal would do for them in the final.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Who would the Tyrone and Donegal posters prefer to meet in the final?

Fermanagh or Cavan!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Minors half time score

Armagh 2-6
Fermanagh 0-6
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:32 pm

What is that champion music The Sunday Game plays previewing the upcoming game?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Armagh 2-18
Fermanagh 0-7

Armagh kept Fermanagh to 0-1 which they scored in the closing minutes, while Armagh went on to score 0-12 matching the 2-6 they scored in the first half.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:40 pm

High quality score taking from Derry in this game as in the Fermanagh game.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Half-Time. Very good game of enterprising football. Only negative is the large amount of yellow cards when there's barely been a dirty stroke in it. I hope nobody sees red.

Derry are on top. They should have adopted the gung-ho approach years ago but now that they're getting a proper chance to express themselves, they are intent on taking full advantage. Bradley and Lynch are on fire. Muldoon is a lovely distributor round the middle too.

I wouldn't rule Armagh out just yet but they might revert to their old tactics if they don't get a few scores early on in the second half. One other obvious conclusion from that half is that Jamie Clarke is one incredibly skilful footballer.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next