GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best of luck to the boys in green tomorrow

+2
Parouisa
Loyal2TheRoyal
6 posters

Go down

Best of luck to the boys in green tomorrow Empty Best of luck to the boys in green tomorrow

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Been a long time coming but finally the day is nearly here - Meath and Carlow in Tullamore.

I'd be cautiously optimistic of a Meath win but have learned my lesson in the past not to take percieved weaker oppisiton as being a walkover - especially where Meath is concerned.

Good to see Stephen Bray back to lead the line. Dangerous full-forward line with Brian Farrell and Joe Sheridan too. Cian Ward likely to play alongside Bray on the forty. Four big names.

We've an All-Ireland medal winner in goals and a more confident looking midfield with Graham Reilly providing some assistance to Brian Meade and Conor Gillespie. Alan Forde is a very busy player and will operate around the middle third too.

Kevin Reilly was probably the best Meath player the last day and we've a solid defence of youngsters around him. Donnacha Tobin, Donal Keoghan and Brian Menton - names to look out for. Mickey Burke and Shane McAnarney bring a bit of experience and attacking flair to the defence too.

Mark Collins and Paddy Gilsenan could both come in for the Kildare match but other than that, this looks to be Banty's first choice fifteen (excluding long-term injuries).

Meath win.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Best of luck to the boys in green tomorrow Empty Re: Best of luck to the boys in green tomorrow

Post  Parouisa Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:16 pm

I'd like to add my support to the Royals here. C'mon ye Boys in Green!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Best of luck to the boys in green tomorrow Empty Re: Best of luck to the boys in green tomorrow

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Parouisa wrote:I'd like to add my support to the Royals here. C'mon ye Boys in Green!

Thanks Parouisa - your support helped us.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Just stopped short of getting ye over the line but I am very confident for next week. Maybe Durrow is not the place for the warm up though ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:13 pm

i heard meath won tonight any truth
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:52 pm

Meath 2-21
Carlow 1-09.

The Carlow scores are stuck in their "sent box" and won't be opened till Monday.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Meath 2-21
Carlow 1-09.

The Carlow scores are stuck in their "sent box" and won't be opened till Monday.

Total outmuscled in the tackle tonight. Brendan Murphy although a great player again tried to do too much himself. Hoping for a good draw in the qualifiers. Peader Byrne made some difference when he came in after 20 minutes.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:04 am

hurlingguru wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Meath 2-21
Carlow 1-09.

Total outmuscled in the tackle tonight. Brendan Murphy although a great player again tried to do too much himself. Hoping for a good draw in the qualifiers. Peader Byrne made some difference when he came in after 20 minutes.

you only get once chance against the supposed bigger teams HG, the element of surprise usually doesn't last going into the second game.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:30 am

bocerty wrote:
you only get once chance against the supposed bigger teams HG, the element of surprise usually doesn't last going into the second game.

What's that word, that's continually used when referring to lesser accoladed counties......begins with a P...Partionist.....Nay!

Patronising.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:

What's that word, that's continually used when referring to lesser accoladed counties......begins with a P...Partionist.....Nay!

Patronising.....

Wasn't trying to be patronising at all Boxty, but we have seen it time and time again in many sports were the underdog pushes the supposed Big Guns (not suggesting for one minute that Meath are world beaters) to a tight game which the underdog should probably have won. The replay however turns out to be a completely different game with the underdog getting beaten convincingly.

Fair play to Carlow I hope they take something from the drawn game and give the qualifiers a good rattle.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:17 pm

I will be 4 square behind the Royals this Sunday though unfortunately I can't see them winning. Since the SJ nonsense Kildare have become the team I most want to see exit the C'ship.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down