GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cadbury U21 Football Championship

+13
mugsys_barber
bluearmy1
bald eagle
scoopmine
Parouisa
patsymc
Boxtyeater
bocerty
GAA-Fan
RMDrive
Thomas Clarke
The Puke
Grenvile
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Cadbury U21 Football Championship - Page 4 Empty Re: Cadbury U21 Football Championship

Post  patsymc Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Parouisa wrote:
Parouisa wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
Parouisa wrote:Dubs followed up 2-21 to 0-4 win over Laois with a 4-15 to 1-09 victory over Westmeath last night. Louth await in the Leinster final.

Last year's dual minor star Ciaran Kilkenny scored 1-06 in a MotM performance with Paul Hudson adding 1-04.

Genuine question: Are the Dubs that good, or is Leinster that weak?

Its probably impossible to answer that until the semis tbh. But they are right hammerings. Dublin have a very good side though and an excellent manager and a few minors stepping up who will be there for another couple of years. Kildare fancied their chances and got nowhere.

I think it will take a very good side to beat this team. Final v Louth is 4 April in Navan.

So are the Dubs that good, or is Leinster that weak? Well if Leinster is that weak the other provinces are not far behind. The Ulster-Connacht semi was dreadful. And Dublin beat a useful Cork side well in the other one. I predict a fairly huge winning margin for Dublin in Tullamore this Sunday.

The answer appears to be that the Dubs are that good .... and they are an excellent side no doubt!

you might be over stepping the mark here,didn't connacht win it last year
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Cadbury U21 Football Championship - Page 4 Empty Re: Cadbury U21 Football Championship

Post  Parouisa Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Galway did alright - and never even made the Connacht final this year.

Just my read but I reckoned whoever won our semi would win the whole thing and having seen the semis I would feel that way even more. Cavan and Roscommon was atrocious. The more I see of this Dublin team the more I rate them as very special. Kilkenny has the potential to be a great - and he's not alone. For years we were in the U21 wilderness but Jim Gavin has made a great job of it and from now on all the underage development squads are coming through so it should get even better. Kids in Dublin these days and these younger lads are more than willing to put everything into their football and hurling - which wasn't always the case.

I would be surprised if Dublin don't win by near enough to if not more than double figures. Just being honest.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue May 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Yes Par. Dublin by 12 pts. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Thu May 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Parouisa wrote:

Just my read but I reckoned whoever won our semi would win the whole thing and having seen the semis I would feel that way even more. Cavan and Roscommon was atrocious.

The Ulster-Connacht semi was dreadful.
Donegal v Dublin senior semi final last august was also a terrible game but the All Ireland winner came out of that game.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu May 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:
Parouisa wrote:

Just my read but I reckoned whoever won our semi would win the whole thing and having seen the semis I would feel that way even more. Cavan and Roscommon was atrocious.

Donegal v Dublin senior semi final last august was also a terrible game but the All Ireland winner came out of that game.

well said GAA_Lover Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Thu May 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:
Parouisa wrote:

great point its all on the day in most of the games favourites are always there to be beating
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri May 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Yes Par. Dublin by 12 pts. Very Happy

Deluded...Both. The Sheepstealers to offer their customary dogged resistance, notch a creditable score and beat the handicap (-5).

In front of a crowd of 5k.....4k sporting primrose and blue, .5k neutrals and the customary .5k Dubs....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon May 07, 2012 1:09 am

The 3 subs Dublin brought on turned the game for them. They are a big team and their fitness carried them to victory..eventually.
Some good football played by both teams, but Roscommon faded badly at midfield after half time, by times not even contesting.. Embarassed

John McManus has a good share of improving to do before he instills the same level of fear into Leitrim supporters that his father did...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon May 07, 2012 1:18 am

Congratulations to the Dubs -two U21 titles in 3 years is a handsome return and hats off to Jim Gavin and the lads. These are now the fruition of the underage structures and all is looking well - if it weren't for Tipps wonder minor goal we would have 3/3 All Irelands! Roscommon did much better than I thought - fair play - but Dublin had that extra power and fitness that counted in the last 15. 7 point margin flattered us but we'll take it!

The future may well be Blue .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon May 07, 2012 1:29 am

Parouisa wrote:
The future may well be Blue .....

It looks better than it has for some time, but I would advise a bit of caution. Counties with bigger populations will always have a bigger advantage at underage than they will at senior. For instance, Dublin might get 5 or 6 really good lads coming through every year, but so long as Roscommon, for instance, get 2 every year, they will be just as competitive at senior level.

Still, a very good win for Dublin, and a 2nd title in 3 years is real progress. Credit where it is due, and the work at underage level in both football and hurling is very evident. If only the supporters were as committed, as it was shocking to see the Dubs so outnumbered by the Rossies. Maybe that will come with time too.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Tue May 08, 2012 9:34 pm

With 50mins on clock the score board read Roscommon 0-11 Dublin 1-6 in the remaining 10 + mins Dublin turned on the style to out-score their opponents 1-6 0-0. Amazingly the same as they scored in the previous 50mins.

It was a decent effort by gutsy Roscommon outfit however Dublin strength in depth shone through in the end.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4