GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin Duffy

+8
bocerty
Parouisa
OMAR
hipster 2
The Puke
Grenvile
Loyal2TheRoyal
North Side Gael
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Colin Duffy - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Duffy

Post  North Side Gael Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:43 pm

bocerty wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:Oh yes boc i forgot im probably talking in the hurling thread, not gaa to you prob!

i'd say i've played more hurling than you have have NSG - This is a GAA forum not a forum for talking about the rights and wrongs of the troubles in Northern Ireland. I respect your views on the politics of the North cant say i agree with too many of them but thats a different story.

Fair enough boc we'll agree to disagree, definitely on the hurling comment lol!

Can i ask one thing then are we not allowed to discuss any current affairs or give our opinions on them?
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:16 pm

North Side Gael wrote:
bocerty wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:Oh yes boc i forgot im probably talking in the hurling thread, not gaa to you prob!

i'd say i've played more hurling than you have have NSG - This is a GAA forum not a forum for talking about the rights and wrongs of the troubles in Northern Ireland. I respect your views on the politics of the North cant say i agree with too many of them but thats a different story.

Fair enough boc we'll agree to disagree, definitely on the hurling comment lol!

Can i ask one thing then are we not allowed to discuss any current affairs or give our opinions on them?

discuss whatever you like NSG - who am i to stop you but if they get out of hand the threads will be locked or deleted
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Good man boc!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:00 pm

Sweet Jesus, came on here for first time in a long time to see what the craic was. Just realised much of the same s**** being spouted just applied to a new thread. NSG i hope you're not involved in any PR activities or speaking on behalf of any of these dissident groups because you would make them look like bigger fools (if that is at all possible).
Republican myself but to use one of your phrases........ OMG Embarassed

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh
Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:21 pm

samin12 wrote:Sweet Jesus, came on here for first time in a long time to see what the craic was. Just realised much of the same s**** being spouted just applied to a new thread. NSG i hope you're not involved in any PR activities or speaking on behalf of any of these dissident groups because you would make them look like bigger fools (if that is at all possible).

You should really look before you speak samin, OMG was a sarcastic remark made to someone else after they had used it!

As for the i hope your not, lol, ive done both for SF and for Republican Network for Unity, wonder what type of republican that makes you!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:03 am

samin12 wrote:Sweet Jesus, came on here for first time in a long time to see what the craic was. Just realised much of the same s**** being spouted just applied to a new thread. NSG i hope you're not involved in any PR activities or speaking on behalf of any of these dissident groups because you would make them look like bigger fools (if that is at all possible).

And there we have it, a casual poster tells us how it is! This is perhaps the most important piece of feedback this forum will get for a while!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 am

North Side Gael wrote:

You should really look before you speak samin, OMG was a sarcastic remark made to someone else after they had used it!

As for the i hope your not, lol, ive done both for SF and for Republican Network for Unity, wonder what type of republican that makes you!

One that knows when to talk and when not to. FFS, give it up and stop spinning out the same old s****. I would say Kilkenny footballers have more support than those you claim to speak for.

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:02 am

samin12 wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:

One that knows when to talk and when not to. FFS, give it up and stop spinning out the same old s****. I would say Kilkenny footballers have more support than those you claim to speak for.

When to talk and when not to? All ive done is debate a political subject from a republican perspective, i doubt you could do it!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 am

North Side Gael wrote: All ive done is debate a political subject from a republican perspective, i doubt you could do it!

Leaving aside the fact that you've debated it very poorly, why do you doubt that Samin could advance a Republican viewpoint, especially when he considers himself a Republican?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
North Side Gael wrote: All ive done is debate a political subject from a republican perspective, i doubt you could do it!

Leaving aside the fact that you've debated it very poorly, why do you doubt that Samin could advance a Republican viewpoint, especially when he considers himself a Republican?

Just an inkling i have given his view point on Irish republicans, plus another inkling that he is not a irish republican but a constitutional nationalist, which ive no problems with but just come on out and say it.

Please explain the poor part of my debate so i can answer your question better?

Also please answer the question i put to you, how are we closer now to a united Ireland than ever before? also in what sense do you use the term united ireland in this question?
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:11 pm

North Side Gael wrote: Just an inkling i have given his view point on Irish republicans, plus another inkling that he is not a irish republican but a constitutional nationalist, which ive no problems with but just come on out and say it.

He has already said that he is an Irish Republican. That doesn't mean that he has to agree with everything every other Irish Republican says or does. There is no code of conduct on how such a person should behave or act, so you have no grounds for telling him that he is incapable of advancing a republican argument in a debate.

North Side Gael wrote:

You have been ranting for days on the subject across several threads, yet no-one on here agrees with anything you are saying. This, despite several posters here being of republican persuasion, indicates that you are either wrong in what you are saying, or are making your points very poorly.

North Side Gael wrote:
Also please answer the question i put to you, how are we closer now to a united Ireland than ever before? also in what sense do you use the term united ireland in this question?

I don't think I said that, as I made the point that the south may not have us anymore. I do believe that relations between Catholics/Protestants in the north are vastly improved on what they were previously, and that Catholics are no longer discriminated against to the degree that they once were. That, in itself, is huge progress for any 20 year period.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
North Side Gael wrote: Just an inkling i have given his view point on Irish republicans, plus another inkling that he is not a irish republican but a constitutional nationalist, which ive no problems with but just come on out and say it.

He has already said that he is an Irish Republican. That doesn't mean that he has to agree with everything every other Irish Republican says or does. There is no code of conduct on how such a person should behave or act, so you have no grounds for telling him that he is incapable of advancing a republican argument in a debate.

North Side Gael wrote:

You have been ranting for days on the subject across several threads, yet no-one on here agrees with anything you are saying. This, despite several posters here being of republican persuasion, indicates that you are either wrong in what you are saying, or are making your points very poorly.

North Side Gael wrote:

I don't think I said that, as I made the point that the south may not have us anymore. I do believe that relations between Catholics/Protestants in the north are vastly improved on what they were previously, and that Catholics are no longer discriminated against to the degree that they once were. That, in itself, is huge progress for any 20 year period.

I find it ironic that, at a time when the British would be supportive of a United Ireland, and many Protestants in the north are becoming much more accepting of the idea than ever before - your words here tc, now in my eyes you claim that the british would be supportive of a united ireland which in turn would mean your saying we are signifcantly closer as the british have never supported a united ireland, now can you explain to me how the current format in the north is making you claim that the brits would support a united ireland?

Ranting? i was merely responding, its hardly a great poll tester we have around 8 regular posters of which about 5 joined in this debate, hardly the guage of politcal support and if it was id say dissidents would be quite happy with one in eight people. Now please explain the weaker part of my debate?

As for your first point, the people who put my mind set into place and said those who administer british rule are not republican was sinn fein, go ask them why they have a tick list to what it takes to be republican or what ever they are these days!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 pm

I see you conveniently left out the last part of that quotation, specifically the part that said that the south wouldn't have us. The British have no interest in the North of ireland, hence the Good Friday Agreement makes provision for a referendum to get rid of it. Scotland is going, and Wales too will follow - eventually it will make no sense for England to govern in ireland.

As for the Sinn Fein definition, Irish Republicanism was around long before Sinn Fein, or whatever band of merry men you follow, so you may not want to be as narrow in your definition.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I see you conveniently left out the last part of that quotation, specifically the part that said that the south wouldn't have us. The British have no interest in the North of ireland, hence the Good Friday Agreement makes provision for a referendum to get rid of it. Scotland is going, and Wales too will follow - eventually it will make no sense for England to govern in ireland.

As for the Sinn Fein definition, Irish Republicanism was around long before Sinn Fein, or whatever band of merry men you follow, so you may not want to be as narrow in your definition.

Listen Sinn Fein created the mind set of dissidents if you cant see that youve issues!

As for your quote the rest of that quote was as irrelevant as your theory? the referendum? surely you can see the media scare tactics being used against the out come of that referendum? not to mention the torrie arguments of how legal would the referendum be and if a substatial part of scotland want to remain in the kingdom they should be allowed to do so, hardly the arguments/tactics of a country wanting to let scotland go?

The sunningdale agreement which was endorsed by the nationalist elected representatives in 1972 also allowed for a referendum. Weak weak arguments or sorry, maybe i should say stop spouting this off, your rants are merely an attempt at debating yeah yeah yeah yeah!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 pm

North Side Gael wrote:
Listen Sinn Fein created the mind set of dissidents if you cant see that youve issues!

You know, and this is something that I experience frequently when I read your posts, but I honestly don't have the slightest idea what point you are trying to make here. I recognise all the words, but I fail to see any relevance or meaning to them.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:22 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:

You know, and this is something that I experience frequently when I read your posts, but I honestly don't have the slightest idea what point you are trying to make here. I recognise all the words, but I fail to see any relevance or meaning to them.

Yeah, TC bored of this now talking in circles and never debating the point without some presumed knowledge of yours, quite happy that you think dissident support can be gauged on our forum though as 1/5 aint bad! Slan for now!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:27 pm

North Side Gael wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

Just an inkling i have given his view point on Irish republicans, plus another inkling that he is not a irish republican but a constitutional nationalist, which ive no problems with but just come on out and say it.

Call me what you like NSG, constitutionalist nationalist or whatever. The reality is, I am an Irish Republican and coming from a family that has suffered more than most from the British i can tell you that anyone with a brain can see that violence is never going to drive the brits out of Ireland (certainly not killing two soldiers and two cops in about 10 years). As a republican i can tell you i do not agree with alot of what SF has said and done (mainly in the past 4 or 5 years), but whats the alternative, 30 more years of violence and another stalemate? Then realise we have achieved as much as we can through violence and start negotiations all over again? Show me a better alternative to SF in forwarding a United Ireland and i will be all for it. The dissident agenda will achieve nothing, thats a certainty.

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:56 pm

samin12 wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

Call me what you like NSG, constitutionalist nationalist or whatever. The reality is, I am an Irish Republican and coming from a family that has suffered more than most from the British i can tell you that anyone with a brain can see that violence is never going to drive the brits out of Ireland (certainly not killing two soldiers and two cops in about 10 years). As a republican i can tell you i do not agree with alot of what SF has said and done (mainly in the past 4 or 5 years), but whats the alternative, 30 more years of violence and another stalemate? Then realise we have achieved as much as we can through violence and start negotiations all over again? Show me a better alternative to SF in forwarding a United Ireland and i will be all for it. The dissident agenda will achieve nothing, thats a certainty.

Give me a few days and keep your eyes on this for a pm samin, not going to debate my version on the alternative with a load of faceless people, honestly will take a few days to draw up, then i will pm you my personal email address and you can email me back if you want to read or are genuine.

My own family suffered at the hands of state sponsored loyalism for a long time, including being moved from 3 homes growing up and losing an uncle but everyone has there own reasons for being who they are and ive no gripe with that.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Lad to be honest, if your alternative or anyone else's is genuine or worthwhile then i am pretty sure i will learn of it soon enough anyway so as you say faceless people, internet forums or emails is not the place to discuss it. For me, politics is the only way forward so when an alternative to SF who can achieve a United Ireland through peaceful means comes on the scene then they will have my full support.

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:02 am

samin12 wrote:Lad to be honest, if your alternative or anyone else's is genuine or worthwhile then i am pretty sure i will learn of it soon enough anyway so as you say faceless people, internet forums or emails is not the place to discuss it. For me, politics is the only way forward so when an alternative to SF who can achieve a United Ireland through peaceful means comes on the scene then they will have my full support.

this is because sometimes due to censorship in media the only way to get people talking is faceless debate.

The alternative i push for is a proper alternative, but for now ill keep pushing it and see what happens.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Colin Duffy - Page 2 Grand_10
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Do nama own it ?
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:43 pm

OMAR wrote:Do nama own it ?

The Grand Hall of Stormont...Unlikely.

I had a vision of NSG there on the steps toward the end of the week announcing his "alternative vision" agenda.

But with the Grim Reaper in pursuit of Big Ian, plans may have to be changed.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
OMAR wrote:Do nama own it ?

The Grand Hall of Stormont...Unlikely.

I had a vision of NSG there on the steps toward the end of the week announcing his "alternative vision" agenda.

But with the Grim Reaper in pursuit of Big Ian, plans may have to be changed.

My alternative def wouldnt include that place boxty lol!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2