GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Game V Donegal

Go down

Sunday Game V Donegal  Empty Sunday Game V Donegal

Post  OMAR Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:31 am

Firstly the Donegal v Antrim game was one of the worst spectacles that we have ever had to endure and the criticism from the Sunday Game panel was in the main fair comment. Jim McGuinness has for some reason decided to adopt a victim mentality and if that helps motivate the team well and good but in my view he would have been better to refrain from sharing his views to the nation.

However aside from that I thought that it was last nights coverage was very unfair. Donegal scored 2-14 in horrendous conditions and were unfairly denied their main scoring forward for 60 minutes. Yes the game was poor and yes Donegal played three of their forwards deep however

A seventeen year old scored 1-3 on his championship debut and all Pat could say is that only two of Donegal’s starting forwards scored – (I counted three).

Neil McGee was immense, McFadden had a great game and won every ball that came his way, Lacey once again showed that when it comes to man marking scoring forwards he is one of the best in the business. None of this was deemed worthy of a mention from the SG panel and although I ‘m sure none of those three players will be too worried I would have thought that McBreaty should certainly have got a mention.

Pat then decided to highlight how refreshing Carlow’s approach was versus the “negative” blanket set-ups adopted by other teams.

I suppose in summary I thought the feedback from the game was not balanced and failed to highlight any positive from the game (when there were several) – Whilst the BBC commentary on the game last night was poor at least the analysis identified all of the above plus the welcome return of McLoone.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down