GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epsom Derby 2011

+3
Thomas Clarke
hurlingguru
Loyal2TheRoyal
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Epsom Derby 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Epsom Derby 2011

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:True Jayo, and then they tried to say that Carlton House had been impeded 4 furlongs out (yes, 4 furlongs out!). Although fair play to Willie Carson for saying that CH just wan't good enough.

I think they realised the winner was impeded even more .... If the Queen is serious about winning Epsom (her horses I mean! She'd have no chance!) there is only one man who can fix it. Hello - Sepp, you there?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:49 am

mossbags wrote:Anyone else see the news just there? Native Khans dickhead owners are seeking a court order barring Fallon from riding in the Derby, alledgedly he had signed a guarantee he would ride for them at Epsom. Ruling expected in the morning.
What a load of old cock

I have been charged with "Breach of Contract" for not building 78 luxury apartments I sold.

Could you represent me?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 am

Agreed Pat. Fallon was deservedly prevented from riding Recital. He broke a contract and let down an owner, after having ridden the rejected horse in the pre-race canter round Epsom last week. A man of talent, certainly, but no honour.

Last edited by Thomas Clarke on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:15 am

He has more honour than either of you gentlemen will ever know
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm

mossbags wrote:He has more honour than either of you gentlemen will ever know

Well, maybe TC and I come from a different culture.

Brown envelops are scarce up north.........

But can you represent me with your legal; knowledge?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:35 pm

patrique wrote:
mossbags wrote:He has more honour than either of you gentlemen will ever know

But can you represent me with your legal; knowledge?

What you on trial for mate?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:27 am

patrique wrote:
mossbags wrote:Anyone else see the news just there? Native Khans dickhead owners are seeking a court order barring Fallon from riding in the Derby, alledgedly he had signed a guarantee he would ride for them at Epsom. Ruling expected in the morning.
What a load of old cock

I have been charged with "Breach of Contract" for not building 78 luxury apartments I sold.

Could you represent me?

Forget it MossBags. Like most barristers you did not read the case notes........
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:53 am

patrique wrote:
patrique wrote:
What a load of old cock

Could you represent me?

You wouldn't sell a welly to a wet foot Paddy.
2 week ban for contempt
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:37 am

I'm curious to hear on what basis you feel that Fallon has been hard done by here, Moss?

My reading of the situation is that he signed a contract to do work for someone, started the job, and then didn't bother to finish it when a more attractive offer came in.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I'm curious to hear on what basis you feel that Fallon has been hard done by here, Moss?

My reading of the situation is that he signed a contract to do work for someone, started the job, and then didn't bother to finish it when a more attractive offer came in.

This is far from over.

They will now sue Fallon and he could end up bankrupt, unless the Coolmore Mafia can exert some influence on the Turkish owner....
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Mossbags is being a small bit Mischief but I am in broad agreement here. The owner was petty and small-minded and should have taken Fallon's decision on the chin. Taking an entirely racing issue to the High Courts will not have went down well in racing fraternity. It robbed this fantastic spectacle of a key ingredient, and Fallon and Coolmore apart, the biggest losers were the racing public.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 pm

You see, I'd say almost the opposite Loyal. Racing is not above the law of the land and, given the huge sums of money waged on it, it is vital for the future of racing that it is seen to be honest and honourable.

Racing, for Keiran Fallon, is a profession (an extremely lucrative one) and, as such, he should be expected to behave as a professional. Fallon, in the interest of furthering his career, broke a contract and let down his former employer. In doing so, he disadvantaged that former employer. That is unprofessional and illegal, and as entitled to end up in court as, for example, a man taking a builder to court for not finishing a job he started. Again, for Fallon racing is not a sport - it is a job for which he gets paid. He is protected by employment law, so why should he disrespect it when it suits.

Of course the racing fraternity will side with Fallon, as he has won many punters a lot of money over the years. But the people who really matter to racing are the owners. Owners are never feted the way jockeys and trainers are, yet it is their money, normally at great personal expense (contrast this with jockeys and trainers) that keeps the sport going.

Fallon was a fine jockey, but he deserved to be taken to task over this latest betrayal. And racing needs to be seen to be legitimate and above board.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote: It robbed this fantastic spectacle of a key ingredient, and Fallon and Coolmore apart, the biggest losers were the racing public.

It really didn't Loyal. You are speaking as a Fallon fan, but it did not take away from the Derby for the vast majority of people. I was in a group of a dozen or so at Epsom on Saturday and, when starting to explain what had happened in this case, I quickly realised that I was the only person who knew or cared who Keiran Fallon was.

The key ingredients last Saturday were the Queen, a young Frenchman standing up in his irons and the glorious sunshine. That is what will bring people back to the Downs next year, not the chance to see a disloyal, dishonest jockey who used to be good. And I'm not sure that Coolmore were that hard done by either, as I don't believe for a second that Fallon would have been placed on the horse anyway.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I'm curious to hear on what basis you feel that Fallon has been hard done by here, Moss?

So it's fine for someone to come along on the eve of the Epsom Derby and pull the rug from under centuries of standard racing practice. You can forget a vast proportion of your cherished racing memories, flat and jumps, if your averse to jockeys picking the best horse available to them despite what they may have told or signed for other owners. That's not how racing works. The best jockey around Epsom Downs riding today was scandalously denied his mount of a 5/1 shot on the morning of the great race on the whim of some appeal judge. It was petty, it was spiteful, it was wrong. It would NOT have happened to an English jockey. It would NOT have happened to Frankie Dettori. It happened because and only because it was Kieran Fallon. Sickening **** to be honest but Fallon isn't the first Irish to get rode in a British court.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Good interview with Fallon here from just before the Derby fiasco

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One of the all time greats that man afro
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:25 am

Fallon angel .... all wrong here no matter what way you stitch it up lads. Put yourself in the shoes of the owners he was supposed (contracted) to ride for. Whatever way you look at Fallon's career he has not exactly covered himself in glory and has compromised the sport on more than one occasion. Wake up lads.

Its nonsense anyway - best horse and jockey won. Bit like the Kildare-Meath controversy.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:36 am

mossbags wrote:

So it's fine for someone to come along on the eve of the Epsom Derby and pull the rug from under centuries of standard racing practice. You can forget a vast proportion of your cherished racing memories, flat and jumps, if your averse to jockeys picking the best horse available to them despite what they may have told or signed for other owners. That's not how racing works. The best jockey around Epsom Downs riding today was scandalously denied his mount of a 5/1 shot on the morning of the great race on the whim of some appeal judge. It was petty, it was spiteful, it was wrong. It would NOT have happened to an English jockey. It would NOT have happened to Frankie Dettori. It happened because and only because it was Kieran Fallon. Sickening **** to be honest but Fallon isn't the first Irish to get rode in a British court.

Ah, Perfidious Albion siding with the infidel Turk against the Irish. Sounds reasonable.

However the judge sounded more reasonable when he asked why did horse racing think it was above the law of the land and the law of contract? Fallon signed a contract to ride the man's horse when required, then reneged. That is called breach of contract.

Now racing needs Araci and other new owners to pump money into a dying business but it does not need Fallon, good and all as he is or was. The recession has hit racing as well and they need to attract new players, such as Mr Araci.

Fortunately for Fallon Johnny Murtagh got the best out of Native Khan and even an eminent Q.C or myself would find it difficult to argue otherwise. Imagine if it had been beaten by a nose for the £709,000 first prize and millions in stud fees. Would Fallon have made the difference? Could have cost him his house, career, money, the lot.

He may get away with paying Mr Araci off with a sum of 50,000 or such. Extremely lucky I would say.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Pour Moi retired to stud.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Pour Moi retired to stud.
Who ya telling pale
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down