GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exams

+8
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
Loyal2TheRoyal
SamiPremier08
hurlingguru
Royal_Girl2k9
scoopmine
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Exams  Empty Exams

Post  scoopmine Mon May 09, 2011 7:46 pm

As I cram a whole years work into a few days I just want to wish best of luck to those who are doing exams!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Exams  Empty Re: Exams

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Good luck! As someone who is also a crammer I'm free and easy until the first week of June so it's all good
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon May 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Good luck to all TY's doing Summer Exams Razz

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon May 09, 2011 10:10 pm

hurlingguru wrote:Good luck to all TY's doing Summer Exams Razz

No one in TY does exams..
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon May 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

We have to.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon May 09, 2011 10:20 pm

hurlingguru wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

We have to.

They don't in my school.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon May 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
hurlingguru wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

We have to.

They don't in my school.

Might go cutting silage either.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Tue May 10, 2011 8:36 pm

hurlingguru
I have not seen much prep for silage the townies round here dont know much about farming!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Tue May 10, 2011 10:15 pm

scoopmine wrote:hurlingguru
I have not seen much prep for silage the townies round here dont know much about farming!

Need a bit more dry weather if its going to be early.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon May 30, 2011 9:40 pm

I think I can now honestly say they are the biggest load of poo (and not the bear) ever.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Got one exam left - English Language on Monday afternoon. Nice to be off on study leave for a few weeks but all the revision is a bit endless!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:27 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:Got one exam left - English Language on Monday afternoon. Nice to be off on study leave for a few weeks but all the revision is a bit endless!

This your last year?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:Got one exam left - English Language on Monday afternoon. Nice to be off on study leave for a few weeks but all the revision is a bit endless!

This your last year?

Nope one left after this. Come Monday I'll have finished my AS Levels which make up 50% of my A Levels. I'll do the rest next year in my 13th affraid year of education.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:33 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

This your last year?

Nope one left after this. Come Monday I'll have finished my AS Levels which make up 50% of my A Levels. I'll do the rest next year in my 13th affraid year of education.

Oh well that's not too bad! Least you don't have to do them all in one go like.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

This your last year?

True, but it still amounts to a hell of lot of exams. The system is now stupidly easy for the year behind me - my year group is the last one to have done GCSEs (and a lot of A Levels) this way.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:40 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

This your last year?

True, but it still amounts to a hell of lot of exams. The system is now stupidly easy for the year behind me - my year group is the last one to have done GCSEs (and a lot of A Levels) this way.

Well like we have to do all over our exams (7 subjects usually) all in one go... I'd prefer your way I think.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

This your last year?

Well like we have to do all over our exams (7 subjects usually) all in one go... I'd prefer your way I think.

Yeah the A Level way is alright, two years with a set of exams at the end of each one, then two sets of coursework per year make up the total grade.

GCSEs were bit different, most subjects I did were done as you would do with one exam at the end of two years and two sets of coursework (one for each year). Maths and the sciences (chemistry, biology, physics) are done modularly meaning I did four exams in each of those subjects spaced out over the two years.

Now the lucky sods get it easy in most subjects. They have more modules, meaning more exams, but less to learn for each one. So in foreign languages for instance, you'd do six weeks on a topic like 'holidays' or 'sport' and then complete a half-hour exam on that one topic at the end of it. Meaning no need for summer revision.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:56 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

This your last year?

Yeah the A Level way is alright, two years with a set of exams at the end of each one, then two sets of coursework per year make up the total grade.

GCSEs were bit different, most subjects I did were done as you would do with one exam at the end of two years and two sets of coursework (one for each year). Maths and the sciences (chemistry, biology, physics) are done modularly meaning I did four exams in each of those subjects spaced out over the two years.

Now the lucky sods get it easy in most subjects. They have more modules, meaning more exams, but less to learn for each one. So in foreign languages for instance, you'd do six weeks on a topic like 'holidays' or 'sport' and then complete a half-hour exam on that one topic at the end of it. Meaning no need for summer revision.

Jesus that's easy... I'm doing my junior cert in a couple of weeks.. (which I should really be studying for).. But its at least 10 subjects with three years of coursework and you do one big exam (or two in some cases) at the end of the three years... Very pointless really. I will NEVER need to know theorems in my every day life.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

This your last year?

Jesus that's easy... I'm doing my junior cert in a couple of weeks.. (which I should really be studying for).. But its at least 10 subjects with three years of coursework and you do one big exam (or two in some cases) at the end of the three years... Very pointless really. I will NEVER need to know theorems in my every day life.

Haha yeah they do teach you some right rubbish (particularly in maths) but once it's done it's brilliant Very Happy plus you get a ridiculous amount of holidays so stop complaining and get studying Razz
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:01 pm

I don't need to study- I'm naturally brilliant. Pythagoras' theorem anyone...?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:15 am

Good luck to everyone doing the JC and LC. It will be me in 2 years time affraid

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:28 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

This your last year?

Haha yeah they do teach you some right rubbish (particularly in maths) but once it's done it's brilliant Very Happy plus you get a ridiculous amount of holidays so stop complaining and get studying Razz

A few thousand years ago, the Egyptians realised they had the same number of fingers on both hands. This was the day Maths was born.

After that followed arithmetic and geometry.

A further thousand years or so went by before the Greeks realised the world could be represented by numbers. Probably the single most important discovery in the history of man.

Any self respecting Greek mathematician all those years go still knows way more than the modern Leaving Cert Maths student. That's how far ahead of the time the Greeks were.

Maths is the most important school subject in my opinion, it is used in almost all jobs. Without Maths, the world would be a complete mystery. Only artists, poets, musicians and writers don't use this subject because they were born without a fully functioning left hand brain. By the way, Pythagorus' theorem can be proven in over 350 different ways, how many methods of the proof do you know?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

This your last year?

A few thousand years ago, the Egyptians realised they had the same number of fingers on both hands. This was the day Maths was born.

After that followed arithmetic and geometry.

A further thousand years or so went by before the Greeks realised the world could be represented by numbers. Probably the single most important discovery in the history of man.

Any self respecting Greek mathematician all those years go still knows way more than the modern Leaving Cert Maths student. That's how far ahead of the time the Greeks were.

Maths is the most important school subject in my opinion, it is used in almost all jobs. Without Maths, the world would be a complete mystery. Only artists, poets, musicians and writers don't use this subject because they were born without a fully functioning left hand brain. By the way, Pythagorus' theorem can be proven in over 350 different ways, how many methods of the proof do you know?

1. That's all I need for the exam. I suppose you know all 350 though Loyal.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:59 pm

hurlingguru wrote:Good luck to everyone doing the JC and LC. It will be me in 2 years time affraid

Me too.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Finishhhhheeedddd.

Well, for this year at least Suspect