GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100/1 winner of the National?

+2
Jayo Cluxton
clash-of-da-ash
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

100/1 winner of the National? Empty 100/1 winner of the National?

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:07 am

1. Cloudy Lane - Went off a well backed favourite for last year's National but seemingly failed to stay and now faces a monumental task off top weight and a 17lb higher mark.

2. Chelsea Harbour - An out and out mudlark who will want a deluge of rain if he is to feature.

3. Snowy Morning - A bit of a heart in the mouth jumper who finished third last year but 9lbs higher this year and looks up against it.

4. Knowhere - Unseated his rider in the last two runnings of this but looks stable's number one for trainer who won this with Bindaree in 2002. But hard to see this lad following in the footsteps.

5. Comply or Die - Victorious in this race last year but subsequently has found it hard to go on from that effort. Better at Cheltenham but hard to believe he can go back-to-back.

6. Ollie Magern - Interesting front runner who was quite classy in his day. No surprise if he's still in the mix at Valentines on the second circuit for rider who is three frm six over these fences.

7. Stan - Won two mile handicap at this meeting last year but well beaten on his only attempts over three miles and looks a non stayer.

8. Black Apalachi - Fell at the second fence last year but showed a liking for the fences when landing the main trial for this, the Becher. High enough in the weights but no great shock if he can do it again.

9. Hear The Echo - Good novice a few years ago and fulfilled that promise when landing the Irish National but handicapper has taken a harsh view of that run and he's weighted to his maximum.

10. Priests Leap - Dual Thyestes winner but another who would probably prefer the mud to be flying.

11. My Will - The Ruby factor will see him go off ridiculously short but his run in the Gold Cup makes him a leading player but at the likely odds, its advisable to look elsewhere.

12. Eurotrek - Dropping in the weights but as a teenager, hard to see him good enough and one or two stats against him.

13. State of Play - A former Hennessy winner who has possibly being laid out for this. Eyecatchingly well handicapped on the best of his form in his bid to become the first Welsh trained winner in a long long time.

14. Big Fella Thanks - Novices don't exactly have a great record in this but this lad looks anything but a novice. Strong galloper and a good jumper means he has to be at least respected.

15. Mon Mome - Has form to suggest he could do well but a bit temperamental and probably best left alone.

16. Silver Birch - Former winner of the race but at twelve years of age now, hard to imagine he can do it again.

17. Butlers Cabin - Handicapped 10lbs better than he actually is and has to overcome a mountain of stats. Run at Cheltenham is over-rated but no doubt McCoy factor will see him go off a silly price.

18. Offshore Account - Looks a bit of a plot horse and as a grade one winner is supremely well handicapped. Could be better again over this trip and definitely one for the shortlist.

19. Parsons Legacy - Best chance was probably last year but trainer's secretary inadvertedly forgot to enter him. Still meets a lot of the stats and some form of compensation may await.

20. Reveillez - On jockey bookings, the fourth string of JPs but is crazy odds at 100/1 for one who is a Cheltenham Festival winner and who finished second in a Betfred Gold Cup off a three pound higher mark albeit two years ago and injured since. However, best 100/1 shot I've seen in a very long time.

21. Fundamentalist - Once a very classy horse but to be honest, can't really jump and woon't be winning.

22. Golden Flight - French horse who had his first run for Henderson when well beaten at Cheltenham. Done nthing to suggest he can win this and handicapper hasn't took any chances.

23. L'ami - Couldn't win it the last two years and nothing he has done since suggests it will be a different story.

24. Battlecry - Good novice last year but has struggled a bit since. A return to the form of 12 months ago means he would have a major say.

25. Cornish Sett - Hard to know will the real Cornish Sett turn up. If he did, he'd be a player but sometimes takes the law into his own hands and not one you could trust to run to form.

26. Fleet Street - Looks to be the stable's second string and is a likely non stayer.

27. Musica Bella - French trained and hard to know what his form amounts to. Could cause a surprise or two but probably best watched for now.

28. Can't Buy Time - Seemed to run out of steam when he met the rising ground at Cheltenham so plenty of stamina concerns and not one I'd wish to be on.

29. Darkness - Like his name suggests, a bit of a dark horse. Grade One winning novice and were it not for his suspect jumping would probably be a quarter his price. Still, you could do a lot worse and definitely one to be on the right side of.

30. Irish Invader - Never won over fences over further than two and a half miles but was running a big race when coming down in the Kerry National and trainer is bullish that the trip holds no fears. Don't be throwing away your docket if you can't see him - he'll be coming quietly and late for his brilliant jockey.

31. Rambling Minster - The stats horse, only 6lbs higher than when winning the Haydock Gold Cup and deserves his place near the head of the market. Still, on the balance of things others would have to be preferred.

32. Southern Vic - Best form on rain softened ground but not out of the question that he will be as good on faster ground and worry that Ruby has overlooked him is main concern. Nevertheless, trainer did it in 2000 and could do it again.

33. Kilbeggan Blade - Has struggled a bit every time he's attempted these marathn trips and there is a suspicion that he's better on softer ground.

34. Brooklyn Brownie - Came from a separate parish to be second in the Sefton so clearly likes it round Aintree but belief that he'll get the trip has to be taken on trust. No surprise if he's still hunting round at the Canal Turn and going well.

35. Himalayan Trail - The memory of Monty's Pass will be enough to make lots back this horse but recent form dosen't offer much encouragement.

36. Artrea - Can't see him winning

37. Cerium - No chance

38. Idle Talk - Fourth in the Becher but beaten a distance and nothing he has done in the last year would make me want to back him.

39. Kelami - Failed to complete in the last two runnings and now with a new trainer, its still hard to imagine he will be good enough to even finish the race.

40. Zabenz - Last win came four years ago and this is his first run in almost a year. Don't think he'll be winning.

LOYAL2THEROYAL FIRST FOUR
1st - Reveilliez (100/1)
2nd - Offshore Account
3rd - Irish Invader
4th - Southern Vic

Back to top Go down

100/1 winner of the National? Empty Re: 100/1 winner of the National?

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:11 am

Loyal, funny that I have money on the top 3 of your top 4!

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:32 am

Not since Foinavon in 1967 has a horse at odds of 100/1 won. I'd say its a toss up between Irish Invader, Darkness and Brooklyn Brownie.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:34 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Not since Foinavon in 1967 has a horse at odds of 100/1 won. I'd say its a toss up between Irish Invader, Darkness and Brooklyn Brownie.

Clash - I was in Fairyhouse (84?) when Bentom Boy won the National with a lady jockey (Ann Ferris?) - it was returned at 33/1 but was freely available on the course at 100/1 on the off!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:14 am

The horse does not know what price he is.

Am quite keen on Reveillez especially at the odds. Second in a Bet365 Gold Cup round Sandown off a 3lb higher mark gives a massive chance.

He was injured since but the ground wouldn't have been to his liking either of those times. He's only ever came down the once and is still very lightly raced and importantly unexposed.

Has had a breathing operation too so that should help gaurantee his stamina.

And he's ridden by 23 year old, Clane man, Mark Walsh. I'll be disappointed if he's not in the first half dozen.

Of the rest, well, the vibes coming from County Carlow are that Irish Invader has been plotted up for this and Offshore Account likewise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:15 am

loyal - how old was exotic dancer?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:18 am

Nine

Born on 29 March 2000.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:19 am

How long do racehorses usually live?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:21 am

25-30 would be a very good age.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:23 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:25-30 would be a very good age.

They live that long Shocked How do you know all this stuff are you a breeder? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:27 am

Not of horses.

Have bred the odd farm animal though.

What you need to remember is that Reveillez will win the Grand National

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:37 am

You're very good at predicting the races. I just pick an Irish jockey to win. I'm exceelent at predicting matches. I said it would be a 1-1 draw in the Irish match. A couple of people were thanking me the day after. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:39 am

Who is your Grand National prediction?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:44 am

Kilbeggan Blade ofcourse. Very Happy I'm not as good at predicting races as matches. I wish I had done the gaatipster on time because I think I think I could be good at it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:13 am

Its not as easy as it seems and the principle of it goes against my thinking. I'd prefer if the points were weighted instead of two for either team to win. But I won't complain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:29 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Its not as easy as it seems and the principle of it goes against my thinking. I'd prefer if the points were weighted instead of two for either team to win. But I won't complain.

How many points do ya get if ya get a match prediction right in the gaatipster competition?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:39 am

2 for a win

5 for a draw

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:09 pm

What if it was handicapped tipping Loyal, then you could offer the same for both teams?

Wasn't on this in time for the league tipster myself but look forward to the championship one!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:08 pm

mid-mon man wrote:What if it was handicapped tipping Loyal, then you could offer the same for both teams?

Wasn't on this in time for the league tipster myself but look forward to the championship one!

Ya Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:45 pm

right price wrong horse loyal
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:06 pm

An auld' lad (well, older than I )drew the nag in the pub in-house draw worth €200.
Imbued by a betting frenzy, he had a tenner e/w upon it this morning.
Cue: Toasts to Venetia Williams and Liam Threadwell in local hostelry tonight.
Cue: An out-pouring of horse racing knowledge, breeding,stamina, ground, distance etc.,
Suffice to say, we will roar him home again for a decenter oul' skin you will not meet. Very Happy
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Loyal, was listening to it at work, heard offshore account was leading near the end was jumping around like a buck edjit!! Unfortunately was not to be!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:35 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:The horse does not know what price he is.

Am quite keen on Reveillez especially at the odds. Second in a Bet365 Gold Cup round Sandown off a 3lb higher mark gives a massive chance.

He was injured since but the ground wouldn't have been to his liking either of those times. He's only ever came down the once and is still very lightly raced and importantly unexposed.

Has had a breathing operation too so that should help gaurantee his stamina.

And he's ridden by 23 year old, Clane man, Mark Walsh. I'll be disappointed if he's not in the first half dozen.

Of the rest, well, the vibes coming from County Carlow are that Irish Invader has been plotted up for this and Offshore Account likewise.

So you are back here, despite your antics?
The indulgence level of the Management team must have sunken to a new depth. Crying or Very sad
You are back obvioudly.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:17 pm

RIP Hear The Echo!

Poor Mouse and Michael O'Leary and Davy Russell as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:19 pm

NiamhDerry wrote:Loyal, was listening to it at work, heard offshore account was leading near the end was jumping around like a buck edjit!! Unfortunately was not to be!

Jumped well. Just did not stay. Went from travelling on the bridle to finding nothing, stamina completely gave way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next