GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Football Leagues

+9
bocerty
mid-mon man
mossbags
up.the.oak.trees
patrique
GAA-Fan
johnnos bulls
Jayo Cluxton
Armaghgeddon
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

National Football Leagues Empty National Football Leagues

Post  Armaghgeddon Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Division 1

Winners: Dublin

Runners up: Kerry

Relegation: Monaghan and Galway

Division 2

Winners: Hard to choose but think it could be decided at the weekend. Armagh.

Runners up: Down

Relegation: Tipperary and Westmeath

Division 3

Winners: Antrim in fine form at the moment.

Runners up: Cavan

Relegation: Roscommon and Fermanagh

Division 4

Winners: Clare

Runners up: Wicklow
Armaghgeddon
Armaghgeddon
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

National Football Leagues Empty Re: National Football Leagues

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:23 pm

I think Kerry may have given themselves too much to do. They have home games against Mayo and Monaghan but still have ot travel to Tyrone. I figure they will need to win all three to make the final.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Clare won't win div 4. Waterford have put in a super showing this year. Between themselves, wicklow and limerick i'd imagine. What a disastrous year for Longford. Coming down from div 3 and only taking a point off waterford so far.
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I think Kerry may have given themselves too much to do. They have home games against Mayo and Monaghan but still have ot travel to Tyrone. I figure they will need to win all three to make the final.

Dont think Dublin sitting on top of the table would be to Kerry's liking National Football Leagues Icon_razz
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:30 pm

johnnos bulls wrote:Clare won't win div 4. Waterford have put in a super showing this year. Between themselves, wicklow and limerick i'd imagine. What a disastrous year for Longford. Coming down from div 3 and only taking a point off waterford so far.

Forgot to add, are they missing some of their club players?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:50 am

If Antrim win Division 3 I will join Loyal and never, ever, post again.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:23 am

patrique wrote:If Antrim win Division 3 I will join Loyal and never, ever, post again.

Havent you heard the good news? Loyal is back.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:50 am

GAA-Fan wrote:
johnnos bulls wrote:Clare won't win div 4. Waterford have put in a super showing this year. Between themselves, wicklow and limerick i'd imagine. What a disastrous year for Longford. Coming down from div 3 and only taking a point off waterford so far.

Forgot to add, are they missing some of their club players?

Clare? Clare, leitrim and longford are minus a lot of key players.

Can see donegal getting relegated. Word on the street is that Murphy is going to australia
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Patrique you may as well leave now, Awch I love Antrim they are while cute county. Hope they win Divsion 3. Will probably see them next year in Divsion 2 haha. Hope not though..... National Football Leagues Icon_redface
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:07 pm

patrique wrote:If Antrim win Division 3 I will join Loyal and never, ever, post again.

I wonder if you'll stand by your word? Antrim are looking good at the top of the table! Shocked

To be honest, I can only see Antrim winning it. They only scarcely beat Roscommon though, they will have to improve if they want to win it. I think they will.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Very positive respnce from Galway today especially considering they were minus Meehan, Armstrong Bradshaw etc. With Sice and Blake we have 2/3rds of a half backline. No's 1 to 4 need a bit of tweaking yet though. Coleman did well at MF and though not quite top level, is a notch above Cullinane at any rate. Bergin and Clancy completely turned it aroud from being abysmal in the Kerry game and they'd be the type of players you'd be looking to in the absence of Meehan so fair play. Nicky Joyce was poor again though and he needs to sort this out as he'd promised much this year. Eoin Concannon looks a proper find at this level and good to see Bane score a trademark boomin point.
Looked at the teamsheet beforehand and honestly thought to myself that Tyrone might hammer us so quite pleasantly surprised by the result. This was very much the performance people in Galway were looking for and expecting last week but better late than never and the Great Big Joe experiment marches on.
Not looking good for Tyrone though.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Aye impressive win for Galway alright. Definately thought Tyrone would win it after getting their first points last week and also because Meehan was out, but Galway stepped it up. Tyrone in a bit of bother now.

Excellent win for us today, had been confident of a win considering we were at home and survivial was at stake, but the manner of the win surprised me in that we outplayed Derry so much. They just weren't at the races at all, hitting wide after wide while our forwards in contrast were much more clinical(big change from last week). Tommy Freeman took his goal well, his third in as many games, but the real star was McManus, hitting 0-10 in total, deadly from frees and open play. JP Mone made his first appearance of the year and his experience was invaluable in the backline which has had 4 players 21 or younger featuring in recent games. The younger lads were very impressive, hopefully all these league games will stand to them come the summer time as we need more options on the bench, at the minute a few of them are looking like real options for the championship.

Still a very tough job to stay up now with away trips to Mayo and Kerry, Tyrone and Derry will be fighting hard to stay up so we'll need another win. That's going to be difficult but sure we'll have a go at it!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Cork 5 4 0 1 11 8
Mayo 5 4 0 1 12 8
Dublin 5 4 0 1 8 8
Kerry 5 2 0 3 6 4
Mon'han 5 2 0 3 -4 4
Galway 5 2 0 3 -9 4
Tyrone 5 1 0 4 -10 2
Derry 5 1 0 4 -14 2

Well it looks like the final will be between two of Cork, Mayo and Dublin. The Dubs will have to beat Galway on Saturday night to stay in it. I reckon Cork will win in Derry and Mayo should take Monaghan at home. That'll leave it till week 7 when the Dubs visit Tyrone - who are likely to be desperate for points - and when Mayo visit Cork!!! Tyrone and Derry play host to Cork and Kerry respectively next week - if either or both lose they are likely to be relegated.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:04 pm

another bad weekend for the Red Hand men - fully expected Tyrone to win this one pulling up if i'm honest - but a bit like Cheltenham I was completely wrong.

We have a lot of work to do before the start of the champo. I cant work out if things are that bad at the minute or if Mickey isn't really taking the league seriously, we look very lethargic and fitness seems to be an issue. Too many unforced errors today including a kickout that went too short and a free that was blown up for the same reason.

Ball into the forwards is not sticking and only for Penrose we'd we down already. Mind you any day Joe Bergin gets the man of the match you just have to accept it wasnt going to be your day...........
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Cork 5 4 0 1 11 8
Mayo 5 4 0 1 12 8
Dublin 5 4 0 1 8 8
Kerry 5 2 0 3 6 4
Mon'han 5 2 0 3 -4 4
Galway 5 2 0 3 -9 4
Tyrone 5 1 0 4 -10 2
Derry 5 1 0 4 -14 2

Well it looks like the final will be between two of Cork, Mayo and Dublin. The Dubs will have to beat Galway on Saturday night to stay in it. I reckon Cork will win in Derry and Mayo should take Monaghan at home. That'll leave it till week 7 when the Dubs visit Tyrone - who are likely to be desperate for points - and when Mayo visit Cork!!! Tyrone and Derry play host to Cork and Kerry respectively next week - if either or both lose they are likely to be relegated.

JC next weeks fixtures are hard to call Monaghan could beat Mayo...Cork don't travel well...Dublin v Galway mostly finishes in Draws..Tyrone V Kerry cant call it...YET

Would love another crack at Cork though hope giller thinks the SAME
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:55 am

Jayo, you have your tabel mixed up. Mayo should be top on points difference :-)

Deffo between 2 of Mayo, Dublin and Cork and in my opinion DUblin have the toughest two games left. If Mayo & Cork win next weekend, which I can see happening, then they might only need to play out a draw to qualify for the final. Altho if the Dubs win aswell then the Mayo-Cork match will be very interesting indeed with the winner likely to qualify for the final.

I believe tho that Dublin are going to go the way fo Galway in 2008 and end up not qualifying for the final and it will be a Mayo-Cork affair. I hope im wrong and it will be Mayo DUblin for two reasons: 1. Revenge for the defeat in Castlebar 2. The dubs would bring a great crowd to Croke Park for the final, as would Mayo, and the GAA really needs that cause attendances this year aint been too great! (only about 800 in Celtic Park by the time the ball was thrown in between Mayo & Derry. think it ended up being about 2000 but thats still not great.)
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Awful lot of goals being conceded (and coincidentally scored!) in Division 1. In fact if you exclude the non-existent Kilkenny defence, the poorest defences on display in general are in Division 1. 5 out of the top 10 most points conceded are by division 1 teams (Galway, Monaghan, Tyrone, Cork and Derry). No division 1 team is in the 10 meanest defences. You can call it good attacking football if you want but I guarantee it's a worry for those teams that such high scores are being racked up against them.

The goals-conceded stats add to this:
D1 - 45
D2 - 31
D3 - 34
D4 - 40 (13 of which have been scored against the cats)
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:16 pm

Well the plus side of Derry's loss today is that they are now a Division Two to all intense and purposes. I hope Meath draw them away. Jeez I'm looking forward to my trip to Celtic Park already.

Whats parking like up there? If its a Saturday night, what are some good hotels to stay in? Up.Oak.The.Trees, do you know?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Galway beat Dublin as expected tonight though Kilkenny fballers would prob have beaten Dublin tonight to be honest, they were so desperate truth be told. Bernarn Brogan aside Dublin look beyond abysmil, though the ref kept them in it tonight. That said twas a disappointing enough performance from 14man Galway, away from home, to be honest, but hopefully things will improve once we can field something resembling our best team.
Concannon stepped up again today and in fairness O Neill did when bought in but there still seems to be one or two taking it a bit too handy, no doubt Big Joe knows the score here.
Deccie Meehan btw is some legend!! National Football Leagues Herz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Congrats to Galway. 0-05 to 0-01 down early in the first half. D Meehan played fantastic as ya say Mossy. What was up with the ref? Galway, fair play to them, picked it up in the 2nd half after Dublin went on an attack.

Some of the feedback I've been getting about Kernan in Galway has been negative, but I think this fella will do a lot for this team. He's been very experimental over the course of the League so far, and Galway still show a bit of their shakiness at times, but he's the deal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Galway have beaten one non-Connaught team since 2001 in Championship Football.

Like Mayo, they are a nice team who play nice attractive football led by the ostentatious Joyce. But they are well short of even the second tier of teams.

When Galway or Mayo beat a top team in the Championship, then start writing this drivel.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 am

I agree. Hopefully Meath are the future of Eastern Seaboard Football
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:27 am

Yeah moss - the Meath ref gave us everything .... National Football Leagues Icon_eek

Not a terrible game but you are right about one thing (and one thing only) Bernard Brogan is a damn good footballer.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:32 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yeah moss - the Meath ref gave us everything .... National Football Leagues Icon_eek

Not a terrible game but you are right about one thing (and one thing only) Bernard Brogan is a damn good footballer.

Eyes wide shut I see National Football Leagues Kopfschuettel
Galway were poor tonight, Dublin worse. BB is a poor mans MM and MM had the night off National Football Leagues Icon_neutral
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

mossbags wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yeah moss - the Meath ref gave us everything .... National Football Leagues Icon_eek

Eyes wide shut I see National Football Leagues Kopfschuettel
Galway were poor tonight, Dublin worse. BB is a poor mans MM and MM had the night off National Football Leagues Icon_neutral

Moss - I would never read anything into league football. Having said that the 'system' we are playing is disastrous and in high summer will be even more so.

ps Were you in the Stand?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next