GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship

+9
mullins
Jayo Cluxton
Loyal2TheRoyal
patrique
Boxtyeater
Real Kerry Fan
North Side Gael
hurlingguru
The Puke
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship - Page 6 Empty Re: All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship

Post  The Puke Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:23 pm

The Puke wrote:Semi final line up is

Dublin V Waterford

&

Clare v Galway

The Clare V Galway match is the final in all but name and whoever wins will go on and win the all ireland, the two best teams in this years championship by a distance

As was proven today
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship - Page 6 Empty Re: All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:18 am

The Puke wrote:
The Puke wrote:Semi final line up is

Dublin V Waterford

&

Clare v Galway

The Clare V Galway match is the final in all but name and whoever wins will go on and win the all ireland, the two best teams in this years championship by a distance

As was proven today

Fair play to Galway - far better side - posted reply on trilogy thread.

ps Puke there are about 99% of your hurling posts that you never 'quote' cos they are so wrong. You are bound to get one right every now and then. Rolling Eyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:14 am

Jayo

Serious quetion for you now.

Seeing as you made such a song and dance about Kerry having no underage success and the Munster minor football title not being worth a jot, would you consider the same to be true of the Leinster minor hurling title given that Kilkenny are the only side of any real quality that dublin have to contend with in it, much like Cork in the munster football. Offaly are a long way back while Wexford for the last deacde have been quite poor at minor level for the most part and the rest are well off the required standard. Given that Dublin have done very little once they have gotten outside of Leinster despite appearing in 5 of the last 8 Leinster finals, it certainly gives credence to the arguement.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Disappointed to lose in the minor final yesterday,but my heartiest congratulations to Galway they really played well from 1 to 15 and subs,and of course guided by the maestro Mattie Murphy,It just Didn't happen for Dublin we really are struggling to bridge the gap in finals with the big guns...

As i said during the week nerves might play a big part in our downfall ,Sadly yesterday it was plain to see our first touch was awful...We took the wrong options and had a lot of wide's early on....the ball in to the forwards was poor...And Galway destroyed us in the air

Have to say i thought the ref was very poor yesterday,we couldn't buy a free in the first half 9/1 free count sounds very suspect....

Well as Moss said during the week ifs don't win All Ireland's but they certainly lose them..Making the final was a great Achievement .. by the young Dubs but sadly it just wasn't their day..

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 pm

The Puke wrote:Jayo

Seeing as you made such a song and dance about Kerry having no underage success and the Munster minor football title not being worth a jot, would you consider the same to be true of the Leinster minor hurling title given that Kilkenny are the only side of any real quality that dublin have to contend with in it, much like Cork in the munster football. Offaly are a long way back while Wexford for the last deacde have been quite poor at minor level for the most part and the rest are well off the required standard. Given that Dublin have done very little once they have gotten outside of Leinster despite appearing in 5 of the last 8 Leinster finals, it certainly gives credence to the arguement.

But hurling at senior level has been the exact same for years. You might as well say the same about the Leinster senior champ as it is only Kilkenny. I have no problem with that. Our minors hammered Waterford in the semi - dunno what that says.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
The Puke wrote:Jayo

But hurling at senior level has been the exact same for years. You might as well say the same about the Leinster senior champ as it is only Kilkenny. I have no problem with that. Our minors hammered Waterford in the semi - dunno what that says.

And Kerry have won plenty of knock out games in the all ireland minor series since the backdoor was introduced yet you had no problem dismissing that
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:00 pm

[quote="The Puke"][quote="Jayo Cluxton"]
The Puke wrote:And Kerry have won plenty of knock out games in the all ireland minor series since the backdoor was introduced yet you had no problem dismissing that
I thought this was all about them winning the Munster champ so what has backdoor got to do with it??? scratch You have me confused now.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:04 pm

[quote="Jayo Cluxton"][quote="The Puke"]
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
The Puke wrote:And Kerry have won plenty of knock out games in the all ireland minor series since the backdoor was introduced yet you had no problem dismissing that
I thought this was all about them winning the Munster champ so what has backdoor got to do with it??? scratch You have me confused now.

Since the backdoor came in there are more games in the All Ireland series, thought that was obvious.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Its only one extra game for provincial champs. And they still haven't won much - don't see your point at all.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:12 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Its only one extra game for provincial champs. And they still haven't won much - don't see your point at all.

My point is that I don't think anyone would try and say that Dublin haven't been successful in recent years at minor level despite not winning an A/I, you were at pains to make a point that Kerry have had no success at minor level and dismiss their provinical wins but as I said before success is subjective and just because a team isn't winning A/I's at minor level doesn't mean that they are also rans. Your poor logic in the kerry example could be applied to minor hurling to discredit Dublin's recent underage achievements and dismiss their provincial wins but it wouldn't be true.

I am simply trying to educate you and trying to show you the error of your ways but alas you seem too beef headed as usual to acknowledge this. sure what is new
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Not been beef headed at all. Until Dublin win an All Ireland hurling final then the provincial titles are nice but not what the players and everyone involved are striving for. You'd be a long time educating me pal.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Our minors got Waterford in both the minor and 21's championship next year.

MUNSTER GAA MINOR HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

ROUND 1 May 2nd 2012
A Clare V Waterford
B Kerry v Tipperary
C Limerick v Cork
Semi Final Play Off 1 May 5th 2012
D Losers of B v Losers of C
Semi Final Play Off 2 May 10th 2012
E Winner of D v Loser of A
SEMI FINALS June 29th 2012
F Winner of A v Winner of B
G Winner of E v Winner of C
FINAL July 15th 2012
Winner of F v Winner of G

RD GAIS ENERGY MUNSTER GAA UNDER 21 HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP 2012
QUARTER FINAL June 6th 2012
A Cork v Tipperary

SEMI FINAL July 18th 2012
B Winner of A v Limerick
SEMI FINAL July 19th 2012
C Waterford v Clare
FINAL August 8th 2012
Winner of B v Winner of C

We should have home advantage for both

The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Leinster G.A.A. Minor Hurling Championship 2012:

A. Tier I - Kilkenny, Dublin

B. Tier II -
1. Westmeath v Laois
2. Wexford v Offaly

C. Tier III
3. Carlow v Kildare
4 Wicklow v Meath

NEXT ROUND - WINNER OF 3 & 4 PLAY LOSER 1 AND 2

NEXT ROUND - A. Winner 1 and 2 drawn against Kilkenny.Dublin
B. Winner 5 and 6 play two Losers of A

Very disappointing that we have being demoted down a tier and if we lose we are out but when you look at our results last year you can't argue we should be beating the likes of Kildare.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6