GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland minor championship 2013

+6
Grenvile
Boxtyeater
bald eagle
Early_Ball_In
Thomas Clarke
Gaa_lover
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

All Ireland minor championship 2013 Empty All Ireland minor championship 2013

Post  Gaa_lover Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 am

Quarter finals

Sunday August 4th 12:00, Croke Park Kerry v Tyrone
Monday August 5th 2:15 pm, Tullamore Westmeath v Mayo
Monday August 5th 4:00pm, Tullamore Kildare v Roscommon
Monday August 5th at 3:00pm, Pearse Park Tipperary v Monaghan

Semi finals

Kerry/Tyrone v Kildare/Roscommon
Tipp/Monaghan v Westmeath/Mayo

The bookies reckon it will be Kildare v Mayo final with Kildare to win their first ever minor All Ireland

Last edited by Gaa_lover on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

All Ireland minor championship 2013 Empty Re: All Ireland minor championship 2013

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:27 am

Gaa_lover wrote: The bookies reckon it will be Kildare v Mayo final with Kildare to win their first ever minor All Ireland
It's minor football. If in doubt, back Tyrone.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

All Ireland minor championship 2013 Empty All Ireland minor quarter/semi finals 2013

Post  Early_Ball_In Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm with Thomas Clarke on this one. Derry were heavily fancied for big things on the back of their colleges success, Down stuffed them and were then dismantled by Tyrone. I know Monaghan snuck past them the last day, but getting the better of the Red Hands twice is easier said than done.
Early_Ball_In
Early_Ball_In
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Down
Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

All Ireland minor championship 2013 Empty Re: All Ireland minor championship 2013

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Early_Ball_In wrote:I'm with Thomas Clarke on this one. Derry were heavily fancied for big things on the back of their colleges success, Down stuffed them and were then dismantled by Tyrone. I know Monaghan snuck past them the last day, but getting the better of the Red Hands twice is easier said than done.

I wasn't at the Tyrone/Monaghan game, but have been reliably informed that we were the better side, and were let down by management taking off players when 8 points up.

To be honest, it probably isn't a vintage Tyrone minor side, but we've won 5 minor AI in the last 15 years, so we usually well worth a punt.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Well done to Tyrone minors on their victory over Kerry in Croke Park on Sunday.

For those of you who didn't hear the report, 13 man Tyrone fell behind by a point in injury time, but showed enormous spirit to fight back against 15 Kerrymen for a late equaliser.

Tyrone had a clear cut goal chance late in extra time, but our forward was dragged to the ground (rugby style) by the Kerry keeper when he was through on goal. The resultant penalty was missed.

Despite this, Tyrone prevailed by a point, and face Roscommon in the AI semi-final.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:04 am

I hear the Kerry manager has been vocal about Tyrones tactics!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:11 am

bald eagle wrote:I hear the Kerry manager has been vocal about Tyrones tactics!

He has been well and truly hammered for that online, by any neutrals at the game. Apparently what his goalkeeper did was akin to Cavanagh's tackle.

Mickey Ned is supposed to be a great coach....except none of the many, many, many sides he has been with have ever won anything. scratch 
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:50 am

Bandwagon TC, he has been hammered for it alright but Tyrone are easy targets now again!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Would have to fancy a Tyrone v Monaghan All Ireland final with Tyrone to gain revenge for the Ulster final defeat. Why are Kildare so hyped up? U-21,Minor teams both favourites and they couldn't cut it in the All Ireland series.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Kildare were a crazy price to win the minors alright!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:37 pm

bald eagle wrote:Kildare were a crazy price to win the minors alright!

Leinster sides have only won 2 AI minor titles in the last 15 years which, to be fair, is the same as Connaught and Munster.

Ulster have won 9 out of the last 15.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Participants in the Tipster competition are advised to pay attention to the scene unfolding in this area.

There will be 1 or 2 posers on the Minor c/ship in the forthcoming weeks, to stimulate interest in under-age matters.

Message ends.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:17 pm

I saw the last bit of normal time and the extra time of the Minor Game. Tyrone much bigger and physically stronger than Kerry and looked much fitter in extra time. Tyrone no angels, a young lad came on full forward for Tyrone and immediately had the Tyrone lad in his face, in his ear, shoving him in the chest, went on for about 5 minutes before the umpire intervened. Tyrone worth their win, Kerry didn't have the concentration to close it out in extra time.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:12 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
bald eagle wrote:Kildare were a crazy price to win the minors alright!

Leinster sides have only won 2 AI minor titles in the last 15 years which, to be fair, is the same as Connaught and Munster.  

Ulster have won 9 out of the last 15.

The two Leinster wins was all Leinster finals. Connacht may have won more AI if someone other than Mayo reach the finals, 5 finals in the last 15 years and all lost.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  patk Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Great win for our lads against Tipp in Longford on Monday, by 0-12 to 0-9. Behind at the break, they recovered well to close out the game with a few key scores late on and held out against the late pressure from Tipp. A lot lower scoring than our other minor games this year, it was encouraging to win a tight game in this fashion given that most of our other games have pretty much been high scoring shoot-outs. Perhaps the most important thing to take from this game was the return of Mark Magee from Cremartin after injury, he really strengthened us around the middle, where we have struggled so far, and that will be vital going forward.

Two interesting semis coming up, any one of the four teams could win it out and they'll all certainly fancy their chances.

patk
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

monaghan
Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:30 pm

patk wrote:Great win for our lads against Tipp in Longford on Monday, by 0-12 to 0-9. Behind at the break, they recovered well to close out the game with a few key scores late on and held out against the late pressure from Tipp. A lot lower scoring than our other minor games this year, it was encouraging to win a tight game in this fashion given that our other games have pretty much been high scoring shoot-outs. Perhaps the most important thing to take from this game was the return of Mark Magee from Cremartin after injury, he really strengthened us around the middle, where we have struggled so far, and that will be vital going forward.

Two interesting semis coming up, any one of the four teams could win it out and they'll all certainly fancy their chances.

Well done indeed. Monaghan 1 win away from becoming the first side from the county (at any level) to reach an AI final in almost 75 years. Would be great to see them make it.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Gaa_lover wrote: The bookies reckon it will be Kildare v Mayo final with Kildare to win their first ever minor All Ireland
It's minor football.  If in doubt, back Tyrone.
Whoa, Whoa.....
The dreaded Rossies (4/1) overturned the Flourbags on Monday.
If in doubt, never under-estimate the Sheepstealers at Minor (under Fergal O'Donnell).

Caution advised where they're concerned.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Mayo were superb they blew the double Ulster champions away and in truth it could have been more than 13 point win. From what i see this is one Mayo team that are good enough to win the All Ireland.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:Mayo were superb they blew the double Ulster champions away and in truth it could have been more than 13 point win. From what i see this is one Mayo team that are good enough to win the All Ireland.
Mayo looked very good, although Monaghan were a bit of a mess. They made a raft of positional changes before and during the game, and a lot of their players seemed to freeze.

In fairness to Mayo, they took full advantage, and put up a massive score over 60 minutes. It will take a very good side to beat them but, in minor football, the most talented side doesn't always win the final.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi lads,

Tactical analysis piece on Mayo's win over Monaghan in the minor now up
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would welcome any insight from anyone on Roscommon and Tyrone's teams.

Thanks,
Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 pm

emmetryan wrote:Hi lads,

Thanks,
Emmet
Tipster leader, Thos. Clarke has coined a maxim: "If in doubt at minor, back Tyrone".
He correctly tipped the total points score yesterday (admittedly having been prompted - 32). He's on fire....

Boxtyeater, on the other hand, lurks 3 off the pace in the competition. Pointless marking numbers/figures until the last day. On that basis, given Fergal O'Donnell's Mugabe-esque rule over their minors, I'm napping Roscommon. I might even abandon ancient tribal issues with the fookers, and given that and old business associate (calf-buyer) has a grandson playing for them in the form of Ultan Harney, I'm with them..Embarassed 

Last edited by Boxtyeater on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Cheers Boxty. TC, who should I be watching out for from the Tyrone young guns?

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:36 pm

emmetryan wrote:Cheers Boxty. TC, who should I be watching out for from the Tyrone young guns?
The Tyrone lads with stun-guns discreetly shielded as GPS systems. That or hatchets.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:28 am

emmetryan wrote:Hi lads,

Thanks,
Emmet
Both lost provincial finals they could have won
Both bet provincial winners to reach the semi final
Both are strong in midfield.
Both are leaking goals

Roscommon rely on one or two forwards for their scores Tyrone have a good spread of scorers throughout the team. Hard game to call i think Monaghans collapse yesterday may help Tyrone as Roscommon may become complacent.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Well done to Tyrone today - we've come a very long way as a footballing county that, even with a young and limited minor team, our lads still feel like they belong in Croke Park on AI final day.

Tyrone were awful in the first half. It was my first time seeing them this year, and I was horrified by the handling and technical errors for the first 40 minutes. Roscommon were bigger and stronger and really should have been out of sight. In fact, they looked like they had finally shrugged us off when they scored 3 points in reply to our goal.

However, Tyrone just wanted it that bit more, and the subs we brought on like McShane and Mulgrew made a big difference. I hope strong consideration is given to playing either/both of them in the final. We also got big efforts from Lee Brennan at corner forward, plus Frank Burns and Christopher Morris. The keeper was very good too. Overall, it was a great battling effort, just as it was to come from 2 points and 2 men down to beat Kerry in the qtr final.

Our best player, by a mile, was Conor McKenna. I'd heard good things, and was very impressed. Tall, broad shoulders, acceleration and a very natural right foot. He's my idea of a fine prospect. I think he is the younger brother of senior player Ryan McKenna.

I'm told that this Tyrone team is quite young, and that a lot of them will be back again next year (including McKenna). Mayo looked much better in winning their semi final and will rightly be strong favourites, but it's an AI minor final, and it's Tyrone. Looking forward to it!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next