GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Croagh Patrick

+3
Jayo Cluxton
whiterbananas
hurlingguru
7 posters

Go down

Croagh Patrick Empty Croagh Patrick

Post  hurlingguru Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:47 am

Anyone ever climb it?

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Croagh Patrick Empty Re: Croagh Patrick

Post  whiterbananas Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 am

hundreds of times. its quite a challenge. not sure a carlow man would be fit for it
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo
Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 am

I nearly climbed it once....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:27 am

I had a few pints in Matt Molloys
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:28 am

OMAR wrote:I had a few pints in Matt Molloys

Was P entertaining?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:13 am

whiterbananas wrote:hundreds of times. its quite a challenge. not sure a carlow man would be fit for it

I did it yesterday cheers

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:51 am

I always pictured WB as a mischevious WUM - probably mid to late 20's often inflammotory when it came to winding up some of the more sensitive dublin posters - but at the same time it was done with a degree of planning and application that was never agressive and suggested a certain degree of wit and finesse

However of late his approach seems to have become less subtle and there is a much more raw edge
to his interaction - An almost teenage type agression.

I'm confused confused

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:18 pm

hurlingguru wrote:
whiterbananas wrote:hundreds of times. its quite a challenge. not sure a carlow man would be fit for it

Good man. Twas a fine day for it too
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:21 pm

OMAR wrote:I always pictured WB as a mischevious WUM - probably mid to late 20's often inflammotory when it came to winding up some of the more sensitive dublin posters - but at the same time it was done with a degree of planning and application that was never agressive and suggested a certain degree of wit and finesse

However of late his approach seems to have become less subtle and there is a much more raw edge

I'm confused confused

ive noticed that myself OMAR. And ive noticed im getting alot of spots and my voice is breaking. You think YOURE confused?
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Yes - he used to be enjoyable reading. Perhaps the high altitude is to blame ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:06 pm

whiterbananas wrote:
OMAR wrote:I always pictured WB as a mischevious WUM - probably mid to late 20's often inflammotory when it came to winding up some of the more sensitive dublin posters - but at the same time it was done with a degree of planning and application that was never agressive and suggested a certain degree of wit and finesse

I'm confused confused

ive noticed that myself OMAR. And ive noticed im getting alot of spots and my voice is breaking. You think YOURE confused?

Good man

Spots will have to run their course -though bog water might help- try not to squeze them.
Gargling poteen can help with the vocal cords
Increase the Croagh Patrick treks to 5 a week and that might keep a damper on the hormones

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:32 pm

Brown bread Poultice..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:39 pm

whiterbananas wrote:
hurlingguru wrote:

Good man. Twas a fine day for it too

Brilliant day for it, couldn't ask for better. Thank God I brought the sun cream.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:03 pm

whiterbananas wrote:

I'm confused confused

You're not one of us.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm confused confused

I've noticed a edginess in a number of posters all week, not necessarily WB, but there's been just that touch of aggression.
This can be caused by:
1. The advent of the championship, when league form goes out the window and it's put up or shut up time.
2. The ongoing adherence to "keeping the Lent" and the desire for a fag, bet (HG), scoop, herbie hide, whatever.
3. The realisation that this new Government ain't gonna solve our problems and ousting FF was a bad mistake.
4. Immenent prospect of league relegation and the shame that goes with it.
5. The ever increasing prospect of Dublin doing the A/I double...with my accurate prediction of the demise of the 2 big K's, looking ever more likely.
6. The failure of CJ McGourty to get a nomination on the football legends thread.

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:19 am

Boxtyeater wrote:[

I've noticed a edginess in a number of posters all week, not necessarily WB, but there's been just that touch of aggression.
This can be caused by:
1. The advent of the championship, when league form goes out the window and it's put up or shut up time.
2. The ongoing adherence to "keeping the Lent" and the desire for a fag, bet (HG), scoop, herbie hide, whatever.
3. The realisation that this new Government ain't gonna solve our problems and ousting FF was a bad mistake.
4. Immenent prospect of league relegation and the shame that goes with it.
5. The ever increasing prospect of Dublin doing the A/I double...with my accurate prediction of the demise of the 2 big K's, looking ever more likely.
6. The failure of CJ McGourty to get a nomination on the football legends thread.

I feel that you might have a point on Number 2 - There is something peculiar about a late easter and an early summer. Lenten Temperance and a heavy day weeding/mowing/painting/strimming under a 20 degree sun are not happy bedfellows
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down