GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of the big ball........

+7
mullins
Jayo Cluxton
Royal_Girl2k9
Grenvile
hipster 2
Thomas Clarke
Boxtyeater
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Legends of the big ball........ - Page 2 Empty Re: Legends of the big ball........

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Darren Fay was a skillful footballer - Seamus Moynihan too at FB - and our own Paddy Christie could play a bit! But mostly its a brick wall that plays there!

There is a certain level of skill to it still though. Like Mick Lyons made one of the best blocks I've seen from FB and like that's not easy to do. Does that not count as a skill?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Legends of the big ball........ - Page 2 Empty Re: Legends of the big ball........

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:There is a certain level of skill to it still though. Like Mick Lyons made a bollocks of it from FB and like that's not easy to do.

Quite ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:There is a certain level of skill to it still though. Like Mick Lyons made a bollocks of it from FB and like that's not easy to do.

Quite ...

And he made some unreal catches.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:And he made some funereal catches.

Quite ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:And he made some funereal catches.

Quite ....

And like he was a tank.. And I don't think any forward in the country would have fancied marking him
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:And like he was a plank.. And I don't think any forward in the country would have fancied marking him

Quite ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:16 pm

No you're the plank. Leave Mick alone he's class. One of the best full backs ever to play the game and would make any full forward playing the game today cry.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:18 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:No you're the plank. Leave Mick alone he's class. One of the best full backs ever to play the game and would make any full forward playing the game today cry.

Took ya a while ... Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:No you're the plank. Leave Mick alone he's class. One of the best full backs ever to play the game and would make any full forward playing the game today cry.

Took ya a while ... Razz

I realized a few posts back I was just trying to be the bigger person but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Took ya a while ... Razz

I realized a few posts back I was just trying to be the bigger person but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hook line and sinker dear Legends of the big ball........ - Page 2 654413
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Took ya a while ... Razz

Eh obviously not. I can read I just didn't respond as I was too busy trying to defend one of my favourite players...
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:24 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Took ya a while ... Razz

Eh obviously not. I can read I just didn't respond as I was too busy trying to defend one of my favourite players...

Fair enough ..... Rolling Eyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:28 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Took ya a while ... Razz

Smile
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Took ya a while ... Razz

Smile

Indeed .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Jason Sherlock
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:54 pm

I totally disagree with those saying Peter Canavan isn't a great. Personally there are only a handful I would have witnessed that I could class in my head as being true legends and Canavan would certainly be one. Along with Gooch, Maurice Fitz and Joyce.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:04 am

mullins wrote:[He's still a legend though, and he did have skill they just may not have been completely football.

He was everything a fullback should be like him or hate him.. Very Happy [/quote]

Eclipsed by the standards quoted for the full back berth by Kerry's John O'Keeffe (who had the lot)....Neither legends however.....

BTW....Peter Canavan is a worthy call for this accolade.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:08 am

Outside of about 50 Kerry players I would have to mention Peter Canavan as a legend. Others of note Sean Purcell,Mickey Linden,Sean O'Connell,Brian Mullins,Colm O'Rourke,Micky Kearns, Declan Barron and more. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:10 am

Suspect

Last edited by mullins on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:11 am

Martin O'Connell?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:21 am

As pointed out previously in this thread, unsubstantiated nominations are deemed invalid.....

Boxtyeater rules apply....Nominate your selection and back it up, them's the rules.....

With or without substantiation, Martin O'Connell is ruled out by my advisory committee.....Much in the same vein as Limerick's John Quane, wonderful servant, heroic days, a local legend, but not in the overall scheme of things, nationally recognisable as a legend.....

Did someone say Dermot Earley........
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 am

Boxtyeater wrote:As pointed out previously in this thread, unsubstantiated nominations are deemed invalid.....

Boxtyeater rules apply....Nominate your selection and back it up, them's the rules.....

With or without substantiation, Martin O'Connell is ruled out by my advisory committee.....Much in the same vein as Limerick's John Quane, wonderful servant, heroic days, a local legend, but not in the overall scheme of things, nationally recognisable as a legend.....

Did someone say Dermot Earley........

Who died and made you king?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:55 am

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:[Who died and made you king?

Nobody RG...But a private PM from forum manager RMD dictated, that because of my venerable age and experience, I should be appointed "moderator in temperus" on this issue...
Such is the adrenelin buzz from this temporary elevation, I might try an hurling legends thread once this has run it's course....**

** I "may" be engaging the advices of "experts" such as hurling guru and Jonsmith by means of the PM facility on final adjudication on that one...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:23 am

Eh ok so I'll take your word for it. Declan Browne?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:50 am

See Guidelines.....Unsubstantiated..opinion only proffered.....
Please refer to the first two posts on the thread.....Random greats (such as offered) are outside the perameters set down....

In an unique fashion, Seamus Darby is in the frame....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next