GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor ould Graham ....

+8
jimbodub
mullins
scoopmine
Loyal2TheRoyal
Boxtyeater
Royal_Girl2k9
OMAR
Jayo Cluxton
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Poor ould Graham .... Empty Poor ould Graham ....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Bank moves in on Meath legend Geraghty

Footballer who loved his bling owes EBS €850,000

FOOTBALL legend Graham Geraghty is facing fresh steps by EBS building society to recoup an €857,000 debt he owes.

The move comes as a severe blow to the 37 year old who captained Meath to All-Ireland victory in 1999 and who also won an All-Ireland medal in 1996.

Geraghty, with an address in Higginstown, Athboy, Co Meath, had a judgment obtained against him in the High Court in March last year, but it was only registered on Monday this week, according to data from research group Experian.

A judgment that has been obtained is usually subsequently registered if the debtor has still not paid an outstanding debt.

Publication of the name of the debtor has serious consequences for their credit rating.

It is a stark turnaround in fortunes for the former publican, who spared little expense decking out the family's Athboy house built in 1999.

With his wife Amanda, he chose luxury items ranging from Waterford Crystal kitchen cabinet handles, to Versace wallpaper that was professionally hung.

Wood-panelled rooms were also among the features, while their children's beds boasted Ralph Lauren sheets.

The four-bedroom house, sitting on one acre, had been put up for sale by the Geraghtys in 2006 with a €650,000 asking price, but there were no takers at the time.

Planning permission for a 1,150 sq ft extension had also been approved, which would have allowed for an additional three reception rooms as well as two-ensuite bedrooms.

When the property was put on the market, the Geraghtys gushed in a newspaper interview about their love of brash colours, antiques and of classical Italian design.

"We love looking at glossy magazines to get inspiration," said Geraghty.

His wife, whose godmother is Bertie Ahern's former partner Celia Larkin, added: "On our days off, we used to drive from one end of the country to another attending auctions. I've loved collecting bits and pieces for years, and Graham also has a huge interest in antiques, which is unusual for a man."

At the time the house was put on the market, they were planning to buy a new home. They said they had already begun sourcing new furniture from abroad for the project.

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Poor ould Graham .... Empty Re: Poor ould Graham ....

Post  OMAR Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Amanda commented " at least the wallpaper was well hung"
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:37 pm

Oh jesus...
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:53 pm

Graham must now regret the fact that GaaTipster wasn't up and running at the time of the decorative process.....
"Fenagh Furnishings and Finishers Ltd." could have saved the day there...

Pity about him, the word "legend" is used all too loosely nowadays...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

Pity about him, the word "legend" is used all too loosely nowadays...

Not in this case. He is a legend. And my hero always. <3
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:20 am

In the past 40 years there are about 5 who will be regarded as true legends in 30 years time never mind in 60/90 years...Graham isn't one of those and is unlikely to enter the Hall of Fame now...
A very fine player, very skillful, two great feet, pluck and ability to burn, a talismatic figure to Meath followers, All Stars as back and forward, no doubting his ability or committment whatsoever but sadly, in the pantheon of the games legends, no room for Graham.....

Hold up....A True legends thread is an idea...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:25 am

Boxtyeater wrote:In the past 40 years there are about 5 who will be regarded as true legends in 30 years time never mind in 60/90 years...Graham isn't one of those and is unlikely to enter the Hall of Fame now...
A very fine player, very skillful, two great feet, pluck and ability to burn, a talismatic figure to Meath followers, All Stars as back and forward, no doubting his ability or committment whatsoever but sadly, in the pantheon of the games legends, no room for Graham.....

Hold up....A True legends thread is an idea...

No body understands him the way I do... Haha. He was in my opinion the perfect Meath player (just as a player none of this off field stuff). He had unreal natural ability, skill, determination and enough passion for a whole team and he was tough to boot.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:14 pm

If we limited any analysis to the last twenty years - there are five players that might be called "great" certainly gooch and canavan, and - maybe Tomas o Se and Joyce- and to be fair along with this four I would include a meathman - but if would be Giles by a distance when compared to GG.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:19 pm

OMAR wrote:If we limited any analysis to the last twenty years - there are five players that might be called "great" certainly gooch and canavan, and - maybe Tomas o Se and Joyce- and to be fair along with this four I would include a meathman - but if would be Giles by a distance when compared to GG.

Sad
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Former Meath star Graham Geraghty admits that the Royals are in real danger of suffering relegation.

Seamus McEnaney's charges have managed just one win from five outings thus far in Division Two and Geraghty - who captained the Royal County to Sam Maguire glory a dozen years ago - acknowledges that the spectre of demotion looms large:

"It's hard to see them getting points off Derry and Tyrone the way things are going, so they could be going down.

"I wouldn't be too worried yet. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt. There are good teams in Division Two, but it'd be disappointing for McEnaney to go down."
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 09, 2011 1:22 pm

And now DJ owes about €9 million. Seems to have been a fair few GAA people caught up in the property bubble.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon May 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:And now DJ owes about €9 million. Seems to have been a fair few GAA people caught up in the property bubble.

Yeah - Main headline on the two O clock news.

Im sure there are dozens of bank rulings every month against developers for similar amounts.
It does seem somewhat harsh that just because someone is an Amateur GAA player that it makes headline news.

Although the other half wouldn't deserve the same sympathy - She made money off a TV programme where
she was put forward as a financial expert - so by that account I suppose they are a "legitimate target".

By the way I actually thought your comment on GG was an April fool joke. Whatever I think about him I wouldn't have been as quick to dance on his financial grave.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 09, 2011 3:59 pm

OMAR wrote:By the way I actually thought your comment on GG was an April fool joke.

Ah no I wouldn't be doing that! Seems to be some kind of curse on Meath GAA though with GG, Banty and Bernard Flynn all having troubles.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon May 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
OMAR wrote:By the way I actually thought your comment on GG was an April fool joke.

Ah no I wouldn't be doing that! Seems to be some kind of curse on Meath GAA though with GG, Banty and Bernard Flynn all having troubles.

I didn't realise there was such a thing as waterford crystal cabinet handles and versace wallpaper !
Thankfully neither does the missus.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 09, 2011 10:30 pm

OMAR wrote:I didn't realise there was such a thing as waterford crystal cabinet handles and versace wallpaper !
Thankfully neither does the missus.

Boxty is doing a good line in Waterford Crystal wallpaper and Versace cabinet handles ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Tue May 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Happy birthday Graham Smile
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Wed May 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Never nice to see anyone in trouble like so. He was not the first or the last to live beyond his means I hope he can work out a proper payment plan.
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu May 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Heard Graham has being invited back to the panel- because he's being playing well for the club...Wonder is there any truth in the story..He must be 50 now

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu May 19, 2011 4:23 pm

mullins wrote:Heard Graham has being invited back to the panel- because he's being playing well for the club...Wonder is there any truth in the story..He must be 50 now

He was 38 on Tuesday. Unfortunately I can't see him coming back, but it'd be unbelievable. <3
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu May 19, 2011 5:49 pm

mullins wrote:Heard Graham has being invited back to the panel- because he's being playing well for the club...Wonder is there any truth in the story..He must be 50 now

Maybe they meant the TV show ?
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu May 19, 2011 5:52 pm

OMAR wrote:

Maybe they meant the TV show ?

I'd watch! Nom nom nom
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  jimbodub Thu May 19, 2011 8:23 pm

I'm a big fan of the antique roadshow myself.
jimbodub
jimbodub
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 pm

jimbodub wrote:I'm a big fan of the antique roadshow myself.

I <3 it too Very Happy
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  jimbodub Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 pm

\o/
|
/ \

Woohoo!
jimbodub
jimbodub
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri May 20, 2011 2:13 pm

There are also unconfirmed reports that retired duo Graham Geraghty - who manages Rosemount's neighbouring club Castledaly - and Darren Fay could feature in the game against Pat Flanagan's men. Both men retired from inter-county football a couple of seasons ago and it would be a sensational development if they were to play tonight.

Rumour's persist

Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next