GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graham Geraghty intercounty career could be over

4 posters

Go down

Graham Geraghty intercounty career could be over Empty Graham Geraghty intercounty career could be over

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 pm

A persistent achilles injury means Geraghty may be forced to retire from the intercounty scene.

What a career he's had. Captained his county to an All-Ireland. One of six players to win AllStars both in the backs and in the forwards. Minor All-Irelands, u21 All-Irelands, Compromise Rules appearances, senior club championship, junior club championship.

He scored sensational and crucial goals for Meath against Tyrone 1996, against Louth 2002, and once again against Tyrone in 2007. And will we ever forget that first half against Dublin seven years ago.

And to be fair, he's been involved in his fair share of controversy. The disallowed goal against Dublin, the penalty incident with Stephen Cluxton, the square ball against Kildare and the daftest sending-off there's even been against the same opposition 13 years earlier.

An all round great player and a role model for any youngster.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Graham Geraghty intercounty career could be over Empty Re: Graham Geraghty intercounty career could be over

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed May 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Hard to argue with that, Loyal, with the exception of the very last point, which I wouldn't agree with.

Geraghty was a very fine footballer who starred on the intercounty scene for virtually 20 years, and even now would probably go close to making the Meath side. What stands out for me above all else was the ease with which he seemed to be able to do everything. He was as naturally gifted an athlete as I've seen play gaelic football.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Graham Geraghty intercounty career could be over Empty Re: Graham Geraghty intercounty career could be over

Post  bald eagle Wed May 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Great footballer but not a role model, more of a loveable rogue (not unlike myself!)

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  banjo Wed May 09, 2012 10:17 pm

he was one of the best footballers i have ever seen , but he was not a great role model , but that does not take anything away from him top top player

banjo
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 am

Did we speak too soon?

Expect Graham to do a few lengths of the Hogan Stand at a quarter past five this afternoon.

I wonder will we see Banty's hooked finger again beckoning the great man to take off his training top and give the old hamstring one final stretch.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down